Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

On 3/14/2020 at 1:42 PM, ketmar said:

i didn't compared it with other ports, but it seems to be working fine -- at least with standard weapons set, i didn't tested alternate set much.it also helped me to find several bugs in dehacked support, so thank you for that too! ;-)

Alternate weapons can work via dehacked with the -nodeh parameter. Not seems to be necessary though since your port have decorate compatibility (the parameter still can be used to avoid dehacked conflict with other wads)

Edited by Noiser

DAMN! I mean, this is awesome! I hope you become a famous modder :) I see some Brutal Doom in here, but I like how you re-created the sprites of the monsters and the weapons. Also, the MIDI remake of DOOM 2016's At DOOM's Gate is awesome! Can I get the all the MIDI songs from the mod in the form of a .zip file please?

On 3/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, speed_your_feed said:

DAMN! I mean, this is awesome! I hope you become a famous modder :) I see some Brutal Doom in here, but I like how you re-created the sprites of the monsters and the weapons. Also, the MIDI remake of DOOM 2016's At DOOM's Gate is awesome! Can I get the all the MIDI songs from the mod in the form of a .zip file please?

yes , you can do it yourself, its really easy , download slade3 , open D4V.wad and extract all the midi files :)

On 3/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, speed_your_feed said:

Can I get the all the MIDI songs from the mod in the form of a .zip file please?

Not sure what you mean by BD, but thanks a lot! :-)
As Pablo_Doom_Guy said, it's pretty easy to get the midi files - but since you can get it here

edit: someone uploaded them on youtube as well

Edited by Noiser

So... apparently this is a thing? o_o
I'm so confused and impressed at the same time 

Anyone can explain how it's possible?

Edited by Noiser

11 minutes ago, Noiser said:

That's amazing! I know you can run custom WADs in Doom Eternal, but I'm not sure about how it loads dehacked.

11 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

how it loads dehacked.

It didn't. It's merely a graphic swap, if you noticed, you will see that the imp's death animation is weird.

I still like the fact that you can play game in game though.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

I'm having an issue with the Heavy Assault Rifle in Crispy Doom. As soon as I pick it up, it starts firing without my input, and the first person sprite flickers. It only stops when I run out of ammo, and I can't even deselect it. The only files I'm loading are D4V.wad and 4_HAR.deh.

EDIT: Oh I didn't realize "-nodeh -deh d4v.deh" was necessary for something as simple as that too. Okay.

Edited by SiFi270

Hey Noiser,

I have a little stupid idea:

What about making a different version of D4V specifically made for ZDoom?

Like, no monster position switches for the monsters, allowing Map07 of other maps to work properly without fixes, the return of differently colored torches and Nazis and whatnot.

On 3/23/2020 at 6:09 AM, Noiser said:

DOOM Eternal does not support external WADs, as far as I recall from what people have said. You have to merge certain WAD(s) you want to play with the IWAD in Slade first, then place the merged I/WAD in the easter egg's folder.

I have an idea: make sure the Hellshot and Reaper will not fire if there is not enough ammo to fire. like if there is less than 3 or 4. so that the ammo count doesn't go into negative numbers.

Wow, it's finally here! Gotta say, for a second I thought this wasn't coming anymore, but great job it looks simply fantastic!
EDIT: Um, the BTSX edition link appears to be down :(

8 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

EDIT: Um, the BTSX edition link appears to be down :(

Try again, I think it will work now :-)

43 minutes ago, Noiser said:

Try again, I think it will work now :-)

Nope, still a 404, weird.
EDIT: Nevermind just had to reload the page, I'm dumb :p

awesome work mate, this is as good an excuse as any to replay BTSX :D this mod is kickass Noiser, I really hope to see more mapsets in the future that are built with D4V!

I don't know if this is on purpose, but the chainsaw animations are flipped where the attack animation is the idle animation and vice versa.

2 hours ago, Tango said:

awesome work mate, this is as good an excuse as any to replay BTSX :D this mod is kickass Noiser, I really hope to see more mapsets in the future that are built with D4V!

Thanks a lot, it's an honor and I'm glad you liked!

1 hour ago, YeOldeFellerNoob said:

I don't know if this is on purpose, but the chainsaw animations are flipped where the attack animation is the idle animation and vice versa.

There are different sprites for raise\lower, idle and attack. The sprite where he is aiming with the chainsaw is the idle one.

Edited by Noiser

I'm showing an error launching this with the Zandronum and GZDoom 4.1.3 using the Doom II Iwad: D4V2.wadANIMDEFS Line 38: Unknown Texture WFall F8. Can you not use the D4V2.wad file in the BTSX folder with other Wads or the IWads? Do I need to download the regular version as well?

2 hours ago, 666shooter said:

I'm showing an error launching this with the Zandronum and GZDoom 4.1.3 using the Doom II Iwad: D4V2.wadANIMDEFS Line 38: Unknown Texture WFall F8. Can you not use the D4V2.wad file in the BTSX folder with other Wads or the IWads? Do I need to download the regular version as well?

Weird, it's working here. Did you tried after reading the instructions?
You have to use command lines or a launcher:

Spoiler

Episode 1:
gzdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file btsx_e1a.wad btsx_e1b.wad D4V2.WAD BTSX1D4V.wad -nodeh -deh D4V2.deh
Episode 2:
gzdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file btsx_e2a.wad btsx_e2b.wad D4V2.WAD BTSX2D4V.wad -nodeh -deh D4V2.deh 

Edited by Noiser

9 hours ago, Breeder said:

Running fine via lzDOOM on the Playstation classic.

That's great! I was not able to test it on lzdoom yet, let me know if you find any issues.

People, I just realized I let the ammo count for the lightning gun a bit slower as it should be. I re-updated the files with the correct values - feel free to download it again if you want those fixed. :-)

If necessary, let me know what you think about the gameplay balance so far. This version was made with some tweaks in mind.

Thank you so much @Noiser. This is the best vanilla mod I have found and because my PC can't run LZDoom you have inspired me to start DeHackEd modding.

14 hours ago, Oppo1021 said:

Thank you so much @Noiser. This is the best vanilla mod I have found and because my PC can't run LZDoom you have inspired me to start DeHackEd modding.

Thanks man, glad to know that. Dehacked is very fun!

10 hours ago, Breeder said:

New life for my Raspberry Pi 3...

That's a great menu! It's working fine?

On 3/31/2020 at 3:07 PM, GooCharlie said:

I have an idea: make sure the Hellshot and Reaper will not fire if there is not enough ammo to fire. like if there is less than 3 or 4. so that the ammo count doesn't go into negative numbers.

Sorry, I don't think it's possible to do that on Dehacked.