Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

DOOM Eternal and COVID19

Guest MIND

Does anybody find it horrifyingly amusing that this game released during a global pandemic? Really puts a new spin to "Hell On Earth".

I'm playing the first level now and a computer system is saying "the cleansing of earth is a necessary step on the path of a brighter tomorrow". I was shocked but it had me laughing so fucking hard.

Maybe it was MEANT to be.

Maybe COVID-19 is the real demon after all. The forces of Hell are too chickenshit to touch Australia. 

i did think it was awesome that the game is available for people who are stuck at home. probably generated a nice little bump in sales also. 

16 hours ago, MIND said:

Does anybody find it horrifyingly amusing that this game released during a global pandemic? Really puts a new spin to "Hell On Earth".

I'm playing the first level now and a computer system is saying "the cleansing of earth is a necessary step on the path of a brighter tomorrow". I was shocked but it had me laughing so fucking hard.

Maybe it was MEANT to be.

Yeah it did give it a slightly different spin when I started playing it. :)

I'm not sure about the Sales bump. I have more time to play but since my employer has cut salaries I have a bad feeling buying the game for full price.

5 hours ago, User Name said:

No John, you are the virus.

I don't need the gun John. I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN!

The funny thing for me is that way back when they announced the delay, I booked the Friday and the following week off work.

Maybe off-topic to the thread, but I would expect a lot of delays of content/patches due to the virus.  It is understandable but god darn it I want invasions/empowered demons now!

Covid-19 doesn't helps to Doom Eternal - today I checked Steamcharts and I found only 6500 players online. People rapidly losing their interest - wow! Why you not playing in YOUR super genial FPS game with extra replayability and ultra interesting BattleMode? How you love to tell about things you not doing for real. Practice what you preach, zoomers!

7 minutes ago, qdash said:

Covid-19 doesn't helps to Doom Eternal - today I checked Steamcharts and I found only 6500 players online. People rapidly losing their interest - wow! Why you not playing in YOUR super genial FPS game with extra replayability and ultra interesting BattleMode? How you love to tell about things you not doing for real. Practice what you preach, zoomers!

Valorant happened.

Replayability is limited, once you finish the campaign. It has some value only to some players who have interest in speedrunning, maxing the game and replaying at higher difficulties. Most of players just archive the game once they're done with the main campaign. 

If we had snapmap it was going to last a bit longer at least.

4 hours ago, qdash said:

Going to point out that part of this is the fact that a lot of the player base is using the Bethesda launcher version, due to having gone with physical copies (or at least the pre-order deluxe stuff). Steam is only a part of the player base at this point, and one that doesn't even account for the console versions either. 

I bought a PS4 during lockdown had started playing new games again including DE. First Doom I played in a system (2016 I played via GeForce Now). So the lockdown forces my hand with playing games again.

I immediately sent screenshots to all my friends of the first hellscape city reveal with the joke “2021” regarding COVID/lockdowns though.