Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nekostuffing

Warhammer 40k Astartes

4 hours ago, Astora_mtt said:

It looks really good, and as a W40K fan It makes me really happy to see someone finally doing a Doom mod of Warhammer, I will try it.

Btw, which mapset would you recommend to play with this mod? 

I recomend Doom Darkstar.pk3 or King_Gs_Death_Factory_Final.wad if you want a full 32 map megawad i recomend using oblige with obbadon addon and texture replacement mods, that way you can customise the maps to have a more of a warhammer 40k feel to them. Hope you enjoy :)

7 hours ago, Astora_mtt said:

Btw, which mapset would you recommend to play with this mod? 

Any vanilla mapset with F4_textures or F5_textures.

For example random Oblige map:

Spoiler

znWZ2v0.png

YTuYbma.png

Jb5iC3s.png

O3Mrrzs.png

UPDATE!

Changes And Fixes:

Changed particles and sfx for chainsaw and PlasmaCannon explosion thanks to doomenator for sending me the sprites

Slightly improved the PowerSword animations

The shield has much better blocking

The Las Cannon is more powerful

3 hours ago, Diekriegsmaschinerie said:

I am getting the following error.

Script error, "Warhammer 40k Doom Astartes.pk3:decorate/effects/bdfx.txt" line 75:
Invalid state parameter {

Are you using the latest version of Gzdoom?

18 hours ago, Diekriegsmaschinerie said:

I am getting the following error.

Script error, "Warhammer 40k Doom Astartes.pk3:decorate/effects/bdfx.txt" line 75:
Invalid state parameter {

Im not sure what the problem is, everything works fine on my end, and im using gzdoom 3.4.1.0 not even the latest version.

The problem is not the gzdoom version or mod. The mod works fine on gzdoom 3.3 3.6.3.8 4.2. And it is logical to assume that this problem should exist in the bdlite mod, cuz it has the same code. But I haven't heard anything about it.

1 hour ago, Doomenator said:

The problem is not the gzdoom version or mod. The mod works fine on gzdoom 3.3 3.6.3.8 4.2. And it is logical to assume that this problem should exist in the bdlite mod, cuz it has the same code. But I haven't heard anything about it.

yeah maybe it just doesn't work on anything below 3.0.0.0, if i hear more complaints however ill have to look into it, but hopefully that wont be the case.

2 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

yeah maybe it just doesn't work on anything below 3.0.0.0, if i hear more complaints however ill have to look into it, but hopefully that wont be the case.

The mod works even on version 2.5pre and on 2.4pre, if you remove tilt+.

I don't see any point in guessing about the reasons until he provides all the necessary information. Here's the code, lines 58-81.

Spoiler

Actor BdPlasmaEvaporate : BdFx
{
  Height 0
  Radius 0
  Mass 0
  BounceFactor 0.2
  Gravity 0.8
  RenderStyle Add
  Scale 0.075
  Speed 0
  Alpha 0.9
  +NOGRAVITY
  +BLOODSPLATTER
  States
  {
  Spawn:
  Death:
    FIR5 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP 2 Bright {
        A_FadeOut(0.04);
        ThrustThingZ (0,1,0,0);
    }
    Stop
  }
}

Edited by Doomenator

Apologies for the wait, it might be the fact that I am running an ancient gzdoom build. I will see if updating fixes it.

Update: It was the fact I was running an ancient gzdoom build.

Edited by Diekriegsmaschinerie

19 hours ago, Diekriegsmaschinerie said:

Apologies for the wait, it might be the fact that I am running an ancient gzdoom build. I will see if updating fixes it.

Update: It was the fact I was running an ancient gzdoom build.

Dont worry about it hope you enjoy the mod :)

18 hours ago, Diekriegsmaschinerie said:

The mod is fucking great, as a Son of Dorn, I dig the Black Templar.

Happy to see you liked it , and happy new year! :D

Mod is awesome finally someone create THIS!!!! But a few things bother me. Mod is awesome finally someone create THIS!!!! But a few things bother me. a bolter should have 20 shells not thirty. The stormbolter is useless to me in theory there are two bolt trunks there, but the damage is even worse. Plazmagan quick-fire? Where is the health regeneration? In one wad, the hero restored his health if less than 50 hit points. And again NICE WORK!!!!!111!!1 FInally!!!!!

Edited by JudgeDeath

18 hours ago, JudgeDeath said:

Mod is awesome finally someone create THIS!!!! But a few things bother me. Mod is awesome finally someone create THIS!!!! But a few things bother me. a bolter should have 20 shells not thirty. The stormbolter is useless to me in theory there are two bolt trunks there, but the damage is even worse. Plazmagan quick-fire? Where is the health regeneration? In one wad, the hero restored his health if less than 50 hit points. And again NICE WORK!!!!!111!!1 FInally!!!!!

Thank you im glad you liked it! :) the bolter having 30 shels is just game mecanic 20 just seems so low reloading every 5 seconds isnt really that fun i think, the storm bolter does less damage thats a problem i havent looked into yet but did notice i will fix it as soon as i can, and the plasma gun well i guess i did my best on that one but maybe ill try to improve it more, i might add health regen in there too but just seems more fun to have you look for health, thats just personal opinion though. However im still working on this project and things are subject to change so ill just keep at it and hope more people like it.

20 hours ago, JudgeDeath said:

But a few things bother me. a bolter should have 20 shells not thirty. 

For example: Mark IV Ultra Bolter carried a standard 25-bolt magazine. Tigris Bolter use 25-round box magazines. Phobos Bolter use 30-round sickle-shaped magazines. Umbra Ferrox Bolter is capable of replacing its sickle-shaped magazine with a box magazine that has a greater ammunition capacity.

Hi. Apologize in advance for stupid question, maybe. I'm using GZDoom and when i'm trying to launch BDlite and your mod at the same time, I get this error

"Script error, "bdlite.pk3:cvarinfo.bdlite" line 1:
cvar 'bd_janitor' already exists"

Using GZDoom 2.8.1 , 3.7.1 and 2.4.0 but still get this error.

I made an account just to post here. This mod is really nice! I'm playing through Doom Slayer Chronicles with it right now, feels like I'm fighting through Khorne's realm lol. I have some feedback too; The bullet tracers seem to move much slower than the actual shots, I've noticed I deal damage to an enemy before the bullet looks like it hits them. I wonder if it would be possible to give the Bolter and Storm Bolter a really small explosive effect, maybe just for looks or even function would be cool. Melee feels rather underpowered, with the things that the Black Templar shield can block being restricted to bullets, I think being able to block just about anything that isn't an explosion would be real neat. I also feel like the melee weapons need more range to them, not an absurd range increase but a noticeable one, and maybe if you get a kill with a melee weapon it could restore health or armor? This could work as a replacement to the Health Regen that someone suggested earlier. Aside from all these minor gripes, the mod is VERY fun to play with! Thanks for putting in the time to make this!

Just now, LazaOro said:

I made an account just to post here. This mod is really nice! I'm playing through Doom Slayer Chronicles with it right now, feels like I'm fighting through Khorne's realm lol. I have some feedback too; The bullet tracers seem to move much slower than the actual shots, I've noticed I deal damage to an enemy before the bullet looks like it hits them. I wonder if it would be possible to give the Bolter and Storm Bolter a really small explosive effect, maybe just for looks or even function would be cool. Melee feels rather underpowered, with the things that the Black Templar shield can block being restricted to bullets, I think being able to block just about anything that isn't an explosion would be real neat. I also feel like the melee weapons need more range to them, not an absurd range increase but a noticeable one, and maybe if you get a kill with a melee weapon it could restore health or armor? This could work as a replacement to the Health Regen that someone suggested earlier. Aside from all these minor gripes, the mod is VERY fun to play with! Thanks for putting in the time to make this!

Oh and one more thing, I've noticed the storm bolter can hold like 600 rounds in the current version, is that meant to be that way? I'm not complaining that I have JUST enough Dakka to kill everything in these halls, but I'm just wondering.

On 3/31/2020 at 4:13 AM, LazaOro said:

I'm using an additional regeneration mod. Health is restored only till 100, so med kits is still relevant.

Regarding the capacity of Bolter Magazines. I changed 30 for Bolter and 100 for Storm Bolter, but it doesn't really affect the gameplay. You can also simply assume that the ammunition are fed through the tape, just need to remove the reloading animation.

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Bolter

Regeneration3.7z

Edited by Doomenator

On 3/30/2020 at 3:12 PM, LazaOro said:

Thanks for your feedback i really appretiate it , i never noticed the bullet problem but i guess thats more of a bdlite issue since it uses that mod as a base, however i will try to look into it and see if i can fix it. im also going to ad a small explosion effect on the bolter bullets and the melee is the way it is due to my limited knoledge on decorate coding but as i learn ill see how i could improve it. I would also like to apologyse to everyone following this for the lack of updates, im still working on this just had to slow down im not working on this all day every day as i was at first but i am still working on it, i might even post some sprites of what ive made so far, been working on the new enemies as well as the ultramarine player class, hope to finish the new update soon.

On 3/30/2020 at 3:13 PM, LazaOro said:

Oh and one more thing, I've noticed the storm bolter can hold like 600 rounds in the current version, is that meant to be that way? I'm not complaining that I have JUST enough Dakka to kill everything in these halls, but I'm just wondering.

Ah yeah thats a problem that still needs fixing, i tried fixing it before but still havent figured why it happens.

6 hours ago, nekostuffing said:

Ah yeah thats a problem that still needs fixing, i tried fixing it before but still havent figured why it happens.

You need to correct 1 line in STRMBLTR.txt

Spoiler

/**Represents ammo loaded into the StormBolter */
Actor StormBolterAmmoLoaded : Ammo
{
   Inventory.Amount 0
   Inventory.MaxAmount 100
   Ammo.BackpackAmount 0
   Ammo.BackpackMaxAmount 600
   Inventory.Icon "FKBXA0"

}

I changed 600 to 100. Although the Storm Bolter can hold more rounds.

16 hours ago, Doomenator said:

You need to correct 1 line in STRMBLTR.txt

Hide contents

/**Represents ammo loaded into the StormBolter */
Actor StormBolterAmmoLoaded : Ammo
{
   Inventory.Amount 0
   Inventory.MaxAmount 100
   Ammo.BackpackAmount 0
   Ammo.BackpackMaxAmount 600
   Inventory.Icon "FKBXA0"

}

I changed 600 to 100. Although the Storm Bolter can hold more rounds.

Thank you Doomenator, i hate how the things i struggle with most in decorate always tend to be the most simple lol

Saw a vid of this on youtube, had a few thoughts I was recommended to passing on to you so here I am.

The regular bolter looks good, seems to be fairly strong too so no issue there. The shots of it however make it seem like a juiced up autogun, particularly with the high fire rate, so perhaps something could be done there. Maybe a tiny little boom (no splash damage though) upon impact, since they are still self-propelled rockets/grenades/whatevs and not regular bullets after all? Iunno. The storm bolter kinda has the same thing, the shots don't quite look bolter-y enough to me, although it does seem powerful enough.

Astartes do have shotguns yes, though isn't it usually more of a scout weapon rather than for full marines? That isn't to say I think you should get rid of it though. I was just thinking that if you wanted a shotgun-equivalent weapon, you could make the flamer fire just a short blast stead of a prolonged spray to accomplish that goal. Or hell maybe even burst for regular, and prolonged spray for alternative fire mode if you're gonna do those. Either way I did see comments that people wish enemies would actually light on fire from the flamer (like in Blood games), which would indeed be cool, though if that's a bit too nasty for what you want to put in I do understand.

On topic of shotguns, if you wanted a super shotgun equivalent, you could throw in the meltagun. I reckon that could deliver some suitable short-range annihilation.

Heavy bolters pretty spot on, heavy dakka with some serious oomph to it. My only minor gripe is that I don't really see where the marine is holding on to with his left arm; doesn't that usually grab onto the handle above the head of it, that your model has too?

Grenade launchers pretty rad, more just curiosity there; did you make it after the vengeance launcher from relics space marine game? If so and you intend to put in secondary fire modes, perhaps you could try do something with the remote detonation the VL can do.

Plasma gun and rocket launcher. Considering the overheat issues, I feel like plasma gun here might almost work better as a rocket launcher equivalent rather than a rapid fire thing. Naturally this would make rocket launcher itself redundant, so perhaps they could just be 2 sides of same coin? Plasma having higher direct damage but either minimal or no splash, whereas rocket would have higher splash but less direct damage, perhaps even different kind of rockets as alternative modes if you do those later. And well the heavy bolter is kinda like a nastier doom plasma gun equivalent anyway.

Althouuuuugh, if you just pretend the plasmas a recent Cawl pattern which basically doesn't overheat anymore, you can just ignore what I said of it and keep it as is lol.

Plasma- and lascannon. The plasma is nice as it is, but the las feels a bit lackluster if its meant to be the other BFG equivalent. Perhaps it could have really high direct damage but no splash, maybe even a hitscan stead of a projectile? While the plasma would be the big aoe thing instead. Alternatively I saw a suggestion maybe rather than going boom upon impact, it could be a penetrating shot in railgun fashion, as in if theres a buncha dudes in a row it'll vaporize all of them if you shoot the first one. As a side note the las comment is based off the video I saw since I haven't played this myself, so I'm not sure was it the latest version where the las had been beefed up or not. The penetrating shot or something could still be a neat idea though.

Last up I was going to say it feels a bit weird to know how sturdy ceramite armor is, yet for the marine you play as to be taking health damage seemingly so easily from inferior enemies, so I was going to suggest perhaps you could tweak armor so that rather than absorbing only some health damage, it absorbs all of it unless you fall under 50. Or maybe even 75, I forget how plentiful it is in the games. I do however realize this might be making the game too easy (unless one wants a power fantasy playing it), and that you seem to have included a thing that makes the enemies chaos instead of regular doom stuff, so perhaps something like this isn't at all necessary.

In conclusion, awesome stuff so far, and sorry if that all seemed ranty/nitpicky. I got this bookmarked so its definitely on my list of mods to try if I ever end up getting the games on steam or gog. 

Thanks for your feed back i appreaciate it. Yeah it has alredy been brought to my attention that the bolter rounds should have a bit of an explocive effect uppon impact and im working on that, and the reason i gave the heavy bolter a side handle is because since i wanted a side view weapon insted of a centered one if i made the marine hold the weapon from the upper handle it would cover up almost the entire weapon so i made a custom version with the side handle. Making enemies that catch on fire is awesome just have to learn how to code that exactly first, im also making new enemies so maybe that will be a feature i can add later. Hope you end up getting doom on steam or gog some day not only so you can play this mod but tons of other fantastic mods that are out there aswell it really is worth it.

Looks good, what is the direction this mod is headed in?

Are any xenos going to be added? Chaos? Tyranids? Dark Eldar?

It seems like you would have a good framework to start a TC.

I just hope it doesn't get Fox'd. 

Well they havent foxed the astartes animations on youtube and patreon so maybe games workshop is changing the way it sees fan made work... i hope.

As for what im going to be adding in the future well to this mod only more space marine chapters but im going to make seperate mods for the other 40k factions,

as soon as ive added atleast 3 more chapters, ill start working on a khorne weapons mod, and make space marine and imperial guard enemies.