Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGA

Listening to MIDI on Android

Hello, I discovered a free Android app called MIDI Voyager Free, it can load sf2 soundfonts and play MIDIs in the background, thought I'd share.

You can get MIDIs from here

http://www.mirsoft.info/index.php

If someone knows of a better Android app to play MIDI files in the background while browsing the net etc, post it. But preferrably it should be able to load soundfonts.

I use Volcano Mobile's MIDI Player, which can be found on Google Play Store. And yes, it can load soundfonts.

2 hours ago, InDOOMnesia said:

I use Volcano Mobile's MIDI Player, which can be found on Google Play Store. And yes, it can load soundfonts.

This app has the advantage that it doesn't get hickups in playback when playing in the background like what happens with the one I posted. But the Hyper v2 soundfont is broken with it ... the SC-55 3.7 works fine at least.

1 hour ago, Gokuma said:

So far Delta Touch has been my midi player on Android.

Can you have it play in the background?

I don't think so.   I was kinda joking.   It being the portable Doom of choice.

2 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Thank you😀 

Enjoying some Sabbath from the metal midi site👍

You could choose your favourite midis and think which map they would fit in well and make a full Black Sabbath music replacement wad!

Also, I have rendered some of my favourite Doom and Descent midis into mp3 with a nice soundfont (using VirtualMIDISynth) and they are in my workout music playlist :D

On 4/5/2020 at 2:10 AM, VGA said:

You could choose your favourite midis and think which map they would fit in well and make a full Black Sabbath music replacement wad!

You know it's weird, I've had that exact same thought for years😅 I'm planning on making my own maps once my PC is up to date(and I've learnt how to!) and Sabbath tracks will be added(although I'll need some help remastering them as a few of them are lacking) 

Since we're on the topic of Android - what apps do you use to listen to internet radio? I can't find any apps that will take .m3u streams like MPC can.

1 hour ago, Bucket said:

Since we're on the topic of Android - what apps do you use to listen to internet radio? I can't find any apps that will take .m3u streams like MPC can.

Just tested it, VLC for Android seems to work fine with m3u.