Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
versionfiv

Favorite TOTAL Conversion for Doom?

Since there have been so many total conversions for Doom over the years, some good examples being:

Even Shadowman's Diablo-style action RPG wads like The Inquisitor 3 and the new 'Ascension' which looks to be another 70+ hour hyper detailed RPG extravaganza. That guys maps are top tier every time. I made this thread hoping to maybe find some cool total conversions I've missed, and let's mention partials that are super worthy, why not.

I don't think Doom 4 Vanilla and Hellforged count as total conversions but they sure are awesome. There was one thread about "what's your favorite TC", but it's from 2009 full of bickering about Hacx and Chex Quest. Danger zone.

My favorite TC right now is Castlevania Simon's Destiny.

Edited by versionfiv : edited for organization/layout and urls

For Vanilla Doom:

• Rekkr
  • Strain
  • Batman Doom

(If we are including partial conversions here, maybe I could've listed some more)

For GZDoom

(There're so many exceptional ones I don't even know what to list).

• Golden Souls 1/2
  • Ashes 2063
  • Shrine

23 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

(There're so many exceptional ones I don't even know what to list).

list as many as you can, i'm a total newbie to the idsoftware community until this year. and this thread can be very helpful to others, i hope! or someone can use posts from here to create a compendium thread of all the total and partial conversions. that's what i'm hoping for.

Ashes 2063 is a must play if you ask me, REKKR looks cool but I haven't played it. I'm pretty fond of ZBloody Hell (Blood remake on GZDOOM), the GZDOOM Splatterhouse 3D and please, do play Golden Souls! Hacx is actually pretty good, don't judge it for being old.

Does RE-BLOOD count ? I think its one amazing TC and gets the job done to showcase the amazing ambience and gunplay of the original Blood.

8 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

For Vanilla Doom:

• Rekkr
  • Strain
  • Batman Doom

(If we are including partial conversions here, maybe I could've listed some more)

You've listed one. Strain is a partical conversation.

I'm not sure whether it counts as a total or partial conversion, but I'd recommend Strange Aeons too. The Golden Souls games are honestly some of the best games I've played. Rise of the Wool Ball and Shadow of the Wool Ball should be mentioned too, although they are more based on Wolfenstein and ROTT gameplay.

Return of the Triad is a nice TC of ROTT for GZDooM. I don't think it was ever completed, just a few maps but for what it contained, it's a nice tribute to the classic rott days with some modern twists to it (like using slopes or polyobjects).

I saw another on the site that had Splatterhouse 3D called ROBOCOP Doom.

also, PIRATES! Doom.

both look super high quality.

i played Strange Aeons with the Rylayeh wad last night. crazy stuff.

Pirate Doom is amazing! Do play it!

Also, yeah, the site of Splatterhouse 3D's author has a bunch of other TCs, they're worth taking a look at.

Surprised nobody is mentioning one of the greatest Total Conversions out there which is a standalone game since some time ago, the mighty Total Chaos.

Like wow, really surprised nobody mentioned it, it's one of the most amazing TCs I've played.

Other of the greatest ones I've seen and played is SHRINE.

And to say a few more...

Golden Souls 1 and 2 (I think I finished one of them, but couldn't finish the other for some reasons... Then my PC was formatted so rip progress)

Ashes 2063 (Same as above, this was so amazing though)

Metroid Dreadnought

Simon's Destiny

found another cool one called ALIENS ERADICATION, last release was a few weeks ago, still in development. and an older one, Evil Dead 2- Dead By Doom. it only works on older gzdoom versions but it's worth downloading 1.9.1 to play it with. Aliens Ultimate Doom SE also looks good. the original 1994 Aliens TC is just outmoded at this point, i only listed it in the OP because it's fairly well known.

agreed, Harmony is worth mentioning, though I'm personally in the same boat as you I'm sure there are people who would be all about it. much like the Adventures of Square, another really well done TC where I'm not crazy about the style but very respectable and impressive works.

I tried Total Chaos a couple months ago, was super hyped after seeing screenshots and reading about it, but thought the gameplay was very slow. being a survival horror mod that makes sense but it just isn't for me. for fans of slowpaced survival horror games like Silent Hill perhaps they'd like it. it looks incredible and seems to take the power of gzdoom to its fullest heights.

Alien Breed into the Doom engine? that's a worthy conversion. That FateDoom is really accurate to the original demo. I tried that before playing the TC and the conversion is close as you could get.

Kinda surprised there's no Kirby Dreamland total conversion

• Golden Souls series
  • Chex Quest series
  • Elementalism
  • The Bikini Bottom Massacre
  • Freedoom
  • Harmony
Edited by Geniraul

Sorry for the late bump...

There a lot of amazing TC:

Must play:

• Ahes2063 / Afterglow
  • Treasure Tech
  • Space Cats Saga (I hate furries, but this is a blast to play)

I enjoyed this must than must:

• The Edge Of Time
  • Bloom
  • Hell Forged
  • Supplice

And no one talks about this and it is super high quality;

• Memoirs of Magic

I think this last one was criminaly underlooked one of the best TCs with very good scripts, story, gameplay and Replay Value (few characters to choose with very different playstyle). It has some glitches with the summons, but aside that, is pure gold.

I am probably forgetting tons of insane good TCs, but this are the ones that pops in my mind without looking anywhere.
I want to encourage people to bump "Memoirs of Magic" because by the time it came out, it was nothing like it.

Edited by Leglock

On 4/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, Artman2004 said:

Project Osiris/Alien Breed 3D

I second that!

20 hours ago, Leglock said:

Supplice

Not sure if it counts as a total conversion, since it is a standalone commercial title.

Edited by Rudolph

Ashes Afterglow, Blade of Agony, Freedoom, Harmony. You guys already mentioned everything I wanted to add !

I think these are extremely important ..

Unreal 99 RPG (INSANE !!)

IXHOZ (INSANE !!) 

Z chasm 

Brutal Minecraft

Ghouls Dungeon 2 (STALKER in Doom ) 

Apicalyptic Vibes 

BioNova 

Call Of ABDULOV 

CastleVania 3 

Total Chaos 

And as a bonus and a List I can advance from time to time ..

These are some of my favourite Total conversions

Space pirate 

Space cats 

Temple of the Lizard men 

System shock Hd 

Serious Sam simple encounter 

Quake 2 TC 

ISMo (A horror TC with photorealism)

ShardDX

Venturous Current 

Golden eye 2022

Foreverhood 

Rough waves 

The Space Pirate

Kick Nukee

Hunter's moon 

QCDE 

Marathon 

Alien breed Osiris 

Backtracking 

Arctic wolf redux 

Badman rogue city

Beach of hell 

BEDE (controversial)

Blade Of Agony 

Blood Curse Hunter 

ZBlood 

BlakeStone 

Chex quest 1 -3 

City of the damned 

Countryside 

Dagger Hell 

DayZ doom 

Decadence TC

Diablo 3d

Duke in doom 

Zelda 

EBlitz 

Edited by AndroidFerret

On 4/5/2020 at 10:51 AM, Archanhell said:

Surprised nobody is mentioning one of the greatest Total Conversions out there which is a standalone game since some time ago, the mighty Total Chaos.

Like wow, really surprised nobody mentioned it, it's one of the most amazing TCs I've played.

Other of the greatest ones I've seen and played is SHRINE.

Came here to say these two.