Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Community Chest - map status

As we're a bit short on updates recently, it would be a good idea for everyone involved to post their current status of their CC maps in this thread.

As for me, I finished my 2 maps a few months ago.

Perhaps this is not the best place to be posting this question, but are any map slots open?

ReX said:

Perhaps this is not the best place to be posting this question, but are any map slots open?

Hmm... not any I know of...

Well, I have been restarted some times... sorry.. and I have also been busy with other things... I don't the status of it, but very low.

I will work hard on it these weeks... :)

We also need a new titlepic, doom2's old one doesn't fit for our project, IMO.

Torn said:

We also need a new titlepic, doom2's old one doesn't fit for our project, IMO.

Titlepic and credit screen have been sorted - I did those a while back. The intermission screen is still the same.

ReX: AFAIK they're all taken, but I think Alex said he was giving up his map 18 or something, so you might be able to use that. (I'd check with him on that)

ReX said:

I think it's probably a pretty good place and I think we really do need to find out if there are any slots open asap.
Map06 100%, map29 80%.

Yes Map18 is up for whoever wants it,

I'm finding it hard to work on so many maps at once. I'm sure I could quickly knock together something pretty fun to play, but visually it probably wouldnt be the highest quality.

My map is coming along not as fast as I had hoped from puter-crashyness, but its still coming along. Ill try and work on it a lot this weekend, but I have exams and projects due soon so I can't bet I will put all days into it, dang school.

nobbjob said:

Yes Map18 is up for whoever wants it.

I emailed Cadman to ask him for Alex Parson's email address, but I got a failure delivery message. Two questions:

1. Is there an official channel through which I must go to be assigned Map18, or is it enough for Alex to pass the map on to me?
    2. Has Cadman changed his email address? A couple of months ago he sent me email regarding some TeamTNT stuff, but that address has apparently changed.

ReX said:

2. Has Cadman changed his email address? A couple of months ago he sent me email regarding some TeamTNT stuff, but that address has apparently changed.

I believe so, try this one and good luck, it'll be good to have you aboard.

His address has changed, it's now KHarris31@cfl.rr.com.

To get the slot assigned, email Cadman and he'll give you the rules etc. and welcome you on board. (you'd have to tell him that Alex has given up the slot as well)

btw, when you think of a name for your map, please let me know, as I'm doing the cwilv graphics and dehacked patch (for all the map names).

edit: damn, magikal got there before me!

magikal said:

I believe so, try this one and good luck, it'll be good to have you aboard.

Ultimate DooMer said:

His address has changed, it's now KHarris31@cfl.rr.com.

Thanks to you both for Cadman's new address and the welcome. I have written to him about Map18.

ReX said:

Thanks to you both for Cadman's new address and the welcome. I have written to him about Map18.

Sound good... got some good ideas?

Torn said:

Sound good... got some good ideas?

Heh, plenty of ideas. If things don't work out with the Community Chest I'll go ahead and release the maps on my own.

magikal said:

I look forward to it but I hope you're in, even better. I really enjoyed your 'Death Comes Not Gently To The Wicked'....

Thanks, magikal. I'm glad you liked Wicked5, and your demo is a blast. I couldn't have played it the way you did, as I'm a more cautious player. I like to clear areas first, so that I'm not sneak attacked by enemies from behind. Your approach is obviously more fun to watch in a demo!

I heard back from CadMan, and he said it was OK for me to do Map18 as long as it was verified that the slot is open. I'll ask Alex to send CadMan an email message to that effect.

My map is coming so slowly it's not funny. I'm working on my own hellish maps to spark some interest. It's a LOT easier to do canyon maps than tech bases.

My map is progressing slowly but steadily...I keep getting new ideas though, and that keeps delaying the whole level :P

ravage said:

My map is coming so slowly it's not funny. I'm working on my own hellish maps to spark some interest. It's a LOT easier to do canyon maps than tech bases.

o_O

Tech bases are so much easier. Canyons and rocky places are so repetitive from a design standpoint, IMO.

I think I make some mountain thing... heh

And I find tech bases hard to make... I dunno why :P

Alex, I tried emailing you this request, but I got a "failure delivery" error for your email address (which I got from your DW profile). Would you please email CadMan and let him know you're not interested in Map18 any more. That way he'll OK it for me to take over. Thanks.

ReX said:

Would you please email CadMan and let him know you're not interested in Map18 any more.

Not a problem.

Ultimate DooMer said:

btw, when you think of a name for your map, please let me know, as I'm doing the cwilv graphics and dehacked patch (for all the map names).

It's official. I got an email yesterday from CadMan informing me that I have been assigned Alex's slot for Map18. At this point the name Alex gave for the map (Legion) sounds like a good working title. An alternative that I had thought of was Reckless Endangerment, but we'll see.

It's good to be part of the team, and I look forward to a terrific final product.

Sphagne said:

Welcome man, you know, will you make a hightech level, you know, I loved The Darkest Hour.

Actually I was thinking of making a medieval-type level in keeping with the original Map18. However, if there's a shortage of tech-base levels in the CC I'll be happy to make mine tech-base.