Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomerNL

Anyone got a GTX 1050 Ti and Doom Eternal?

before i go buy doom eternal on pc i wanna know if its even worth the purchase

since my gpu is not that great,i do have eternal on ps4 pro but id like it on pc as well,

my specs are ryzen 5 1500x,16gb ddr4 3200,gtx 1050 ti 4gb and ssd, i know the gtx 1050 ti shows up in the minimum specs

but that doesnt really tell me how it will play throughout the game with lots of monsters will it dip? will it hold 60fps@low?

i youtubed it for a benchmark but most of these videos are just people playing the first level that doesnt tell me tho how the entire game will perform the later levels are bit more demanding i would guess..

2 minutes ago, DoomerNL said:

but that doesnt really tell me how it will play throughout the game with lots of monsters will it dip? will it hold 60fps@low?

As long as you don't set the graphics quality higher than the recommended settings the game auto-selects on a first run, it should be just fine.

This probably means something like low or medium, yes.

Just now, seed said:

As long as you don't set the graphics quality higher than the recommended settings the game auto-selects on a first run, it should be just fine.

This probably means something like low or medium though.

you sure? i would hate to buy it having it on low and then see 40-50fps during heavy fights =/

10 minutes ago, DoomerNL said:

you sure? i would hate to buy it having it on low and then see 40-50fps during heavy fights =/

Can't be 100% sure since I simply don't have such a configuration to see it for myself, it's theoretical talk. You could use this for reference.

At any rate, since you have it on your PS4 as well, unless you're struggling with a controller I'd say it isn't worth getting the game on PC as well, especially since it will only run with the lowest presets most likely.

22 minutes ago, seed said:

Can't be 100% sure since I simply don't have such a configuration to see it for myself, it's theoretical talk. You could use this for reference.

At any rate, since you have it on your PS4 as well, unless you're struggling with a controller I'd say it isn't worth getting the game on PC as well, especially since it will only run with the lowest presets most likely.

i dont mind having it on low couple people told me this game looks great on low i just want a stable 60fps that is all...

im not struggling but i do like mouse and keyboard for my dooms =/ also i did check that santiago video with scaling on it was holding 60fps as you can see but thats only the first level with very few enemies what about master levels or big big fights? i want to know if its still holding 60 then =/ because on the ps4 pro theres like almost NO drops at all only drops for a second when you freeze bunch of enemies but that last litterly less than a second

6 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I feel you should Google your questions first before making new threads in quick succession, OP.

i already did my research tho if you read my post,like i said all the benchmarks videos ive checked was only during the first level im trying to find some one here who completed the entire game with this card then that person can tell me if it will drop later on or not, you know what i mean? the game is 60euro i dont wanna spend it and then having it lag ya know?

edit: also usually the first couple of levels are not demanding at all cause the game teaches you and takes it easy on you this doesnt tell me how master levels and crazy fights will play out,i guess i could ask on steam as well maybe some one there has a gtx 1050 ti and completed it

2 minutes ago, DoomerNL said:

i already did my research tho if you read my post,like i said all the benchmarks videos ive checked was only during the first level im trying to find some one here who completed the entire game with this card then that person can tell me if it will drop later on or not, you know what i mean? the game is 60euro i dont wanna spend it and then having it lag ya know?

The game utilizes variable resolution scaling, meaning that on a 1080p screen (or any resolution screen really) you can set the renderscale so that it internally renders at lower resolution and then is upscaled.

The result is a less crisp image, but you can hold 60 fps more fluently.

Vsync can also be enabled to the specified target.

You don't absolutely need video evidence as a proof of this

Also, have this comparison then of 41 GPU's tested with Eternal, including your GTX 1050Ti, achieving 48 fps minimum and 61 fps on average at 1080p low without render scale:

1080p.png

1 minute ago, Redneckerz said:

The game utilizes variable resolution scaling, meaning that on a 1080p screen (or any resolution screen really) you can set the renderscale so that it internally renders at lower resolution and then is upscaled.

The result is a less crisp image, but you can hold 60 fps more fluently.

Vsync can also be enabled to the specified target.

You don't absolutely need video evidence as a proof of this

Also, have this comparison then of 41 GPU's tested with Eternal, including your GTX 1050Ti, achieving 48 fps minimum and 61 fps on average at 1080p low without render scale:

1080p.png

48 minimum ouch not what i wanted but thats with rs off im betting with it on itll be 60 most of the time? if so then its pretty good i guess ,i guess its a buy then i mean 60 fps on average without scaling i bet with scaling itll be even better it would make sense? i hope that 48 turns into 60 ;p

I have an i5 at 3.8GHz, 8 GB ram and a 1050 Ti.

I run the game at 1080pp, Vsync Triple Buffered, No Scaling and Low Settings with the exception of High Textures and

High Motion Blur. I get minor stutter from certain vantage points in the final fight of Nekravol II, and noticable frame drop

in the the two Turret cut scenes in Arc Complex, otherwise everthing seems golden.

Initially I tried running the game at High Settings, with Static Scaling of 66% (equivalent to 720pp) and results were generally

good, with the noticable exception of the Nekravol II final fight which ran fine once everything was dead, but could get quite

choppy in the midst of the actual battle.

31 minutes ago, DoomerNL said:

48 minimum ouch not what i wanted

You have to understand that this is the minimum recorded framerate. As in, there was a moment in the gameplay where it dropped to 48. On average, the game is 61.

If you want a consistent 60, you have to put renderscaling in, enable vsync, or get a more powerful GPU to enable 60 fps gameplay no matter what.

All in all, there are multiple options available to hit 60. Just don't be surprised that it may dip for one second to 48 - this is normal behavior.

i have a 1050 ti with 24GB of ram and a 5th generation i5 and it works perfectly with medium settings in everything

10 hours ago, DoomerNL said:

will it hold 60fps@low?

I have 4GB GDDE5 Dedicated RAM and also a 16GB RAM and a Core i7-7700HQ on my laptop

It was always 60FPS on high

But I went for Ultra and Ultra Nightmare besides the Texture Pool one...

I have a GTX1050Ti and 8GB RAM and I runs pretty well
In fact, I'm not gonna lie, sometimes in the most dense scenarios, filled with enemies (like the super gore nest) it kinda goes slow for a little bit

But when I went to check on my settings, almost everything was on high IIRC, so you shouldn't have much problem running the game if you don't care too much about playing on ultra, high or the highest settings.