Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

New Map Release: Bad Reception

This map is part of a larger WAD I am planning to release eventually, but I decided to show it separately first. I have already showed earlier version of it to Austinado in "Give me your WAD and I will play it" topic, but it was further improved since based on his and others' feedback. This is the introductory map, comparatively short and populated mostly by zombies and imps with a few hell knights and cacodemons. The only non-secret weapon on the map is regular shotgun. If you aren't much of "shotgunning hell knights" kind of person, lower difficulties reduce their count somewhat.

The map is meant to precede "Crate Expectations", the first map I ever released that will also be reworked in the final version.

Tested on Crispy Doom and GZDoom, but not as attentively there. Not meant to be played with jumping, but freelook is fine, I guess.

bad_reception.rar

br01.png

br02.png

br03.png

8 hours ago, Clippy said:

Looks like I deleted chainsaw thing by accident. Not sure when.

I also seem to messed up tags with the med kits. You are supposed to get stimpack on UV and med kit otherwise, but looks like I toggled the wrong tags. I probably won't re-upload just for this, but I will fix it in final collection.

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Looks like I deleted chainsaw thing by accident. Not sure when.

I also seem to messed up tags with the med kits. You are supposed to get stimpack on UV and med kit otherwise, but looks like I toggled the wrong tags. I probably won't re-upload just for this, but I will fix it in final collection.

Cool

Ps at 5:32 in my vid that tiny box to left of switch appears to be missing textures?

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

Ps at 5:32 in my vid that tiny box to left of switch appears to be missing textures?

Yeah, looks like it. Weird how it slipped by.