Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunting4r2d2

List of skins found within the files

Someone on Reddit posted a list of uniquely defined skins found with the files of the game:

Definitely some interesting choices, though I mostly curious to see how the classic Arch-Vile looks in 3D.

I wondor if the doomslayer_skin_classic is the Classic Doomguy skin or the 2016 skin

Spoiler

(which are both unlockable from the campaign)

or is actually the sprite model

Can't really tell what they are.  The Red Rage = sunburnt skin I bet though.  But where the hell is the D3 skin variants?

I just hope the game doesn't get drowned in a bunch of nonsense skins. 

These could really mean anything.

character_skin/archvile/archvile_skin_azure_flame

character_skin/archvile/archvile_skin_classic

character_skin/archvile/archvile_skin_maykr

character_skin/archvile/archvile_skin_molten

character_skin/archvile/archvile_skin_oozevile

character_skin/archvile/archvile_skin_roswell

character_skin/doomslayer/archvile_skin_azure_classic

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_classic

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_cultist

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_flamehead

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_maykr

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_neon

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_tvpainter

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_bronze

character_skin/doomslayer/doomslayer_skin_hotrod

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_black_and_white

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_black_widow

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_blue_shift

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_frost_mancubus

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_hotdogcubus

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_jaguar

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_molten

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_rock

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_rune

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_snakecubus

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_sunburncubus

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_theKing

character_skin/mancubus/mancubus_skin_toxic_blob

character_skin/marauder/marauder_skin_frost

character_skin/marauder/marauder_skin_heavyMetal

character_skin/marauder/marauder_skin_lumberjack

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_2pain

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_bubblegum

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_commando

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_cultist

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_molten

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_poisondart

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_tiger

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_zebra

character_skin/painelemental/painelemental_skin_sentinel

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_classic

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_cobweb

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_cyberpunk

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_flameSkull

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_frost

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_infernal

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_racecar

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_radioactive

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_spookyGhost

character_skin/revenant/revenant_skin_void

21 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Where's the D64 skin? 🧐

I hope they gives us teh D64 Pain Elemental and/or the Cacodemon version which would still fit.  I do not think you can glory kill player demons so we don't have to worry about model clipping if they do indeed give us the Doom 64 PE ...

1 hour ago, Zemini said:

I hope they gives us teh D64 Pain Elemental and/or the Cacodemon version which would still fit.  I do not think you can glory kill player demons so we don't have to worry about model clipping if they do indeed give us the Doom 64 PE ...

It would be cool to have the option to use the custom skins on the campaign monsters but i think it would need to be reworked to work tho.

29 minutes ago, Deimos said:

It would be cool to have the option to use the custom skins on the campaign monsters but i think it would need to be reworked to work tho.

I guess it depends how they implement it.  Do the battlemode skins have different behaviors?  I could get behind that. 

44 minutes ago, Zemini said:

I guess it depends how they implement it.  Do the battlemode skins have different behaviors?  I could get behind that. 

Battlemode demon players can't be glory killed and they don't have the "destructible demon" mechanic, so the unique skins can't be interacted in those ways. Some skins are simple recolors (Red Rage Mancubus), some have added special effects (Inferno Lord Marauder), and others have unique models (Hipster Archviles).

Speaking of which, I don't see any reference to the "Hipster Archvile" skin that was shown pre-release. "Oozevile" sounds like something that would be green-themed while "Roswell" could be related to aliens (Roswell UFO Incident). The Hipster Archvile isn't unlockable in the game yet either.

It might indicate that the list could be incomplete and there might be more surprise skins in the future.

Just seems weird how Eternal's connected to D64 lore wise so you'd think it would of been there with the classic skin. 

Maybe it's coming in with the DLC?

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Battlemode demon players can't be glory killed and they don't have the "destructible demon" mechanic, so the unique skins can't be interacted in those ways. Some skins are simple recolors (Red Rage Mancubus), some have added special effects (Inferno Lord Marauder), and others have unique models (Hipster Archviles).

Speaking of which, I don't see any reference to the "Hipster Archvile" skin that was shown pre-release. "Oozevile" sounds like something that would be green-themed while "Roswell" could be related to aliens (Roswell UFO Incident). The Hipster Archvile isn't unlockable in the game yet either.

It might indicate that the list could be incomplete and there might be more surprise skins in the future.

I would think most recolors could easily be made destructible with little effort.  Model changes might require additional work.

As for our circus friends;  they have no business appearing in the campaign naturally.  Or one could just burn off their cloths with the flame thrower revealing the vanilla model.

8 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

I think Hipster Archvile and Elvis Mancubus are twitch prime exclusives, there are two months more of twitch drop unrevealed yet...

They should put all the skins that Quake Champions had for Doomguy, those were pretty cool. And include some more like D64, etc.

17 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Just seems weird how Eternal's connected to D64 lore wise so you'd think it would of been there with the classic skin. 

Maybe it's coming in with the DLC?

Well, the D64 appearance is more of an artstyle change than it is a separate outfit. If enough people ask though I’m sure we’ll see it eventually.

20 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Well, the D64 appearance is more of an artstyle change than it is a separate outfit. If enough people ask though I’m sure we’ll see it eventually.

Partially, though it does have the black chestplate and slightly modified helmet too. 

On 4/9/2020 at 6:46 PM, Heejyhorang said:

That cultist skin would be great without the demon mouth.

I actually like the Demonic mouth. I wish the Demonic Skin was more demonic actually than just on fire.