Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skullhacker

What are you doing to keep yourself busy?

I don't have to keep myself busy because these fucking idiotic people that should stay at home keep coming to my work which is technically only open so fucking essential industry can get some extra support!

FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF AND DIE!

4 hours ago, Bass Slapper '89 said:
  • Family activities to do at home.
  • Binge watch shows or movies on Netflix.
  • I work from home now, so while I'm on the clock... I'm working on Jazz Jackrabbit Doom.
  • Learning new songs to cover or writing new material for my band, DIOXIS.

The same Dioxis that made Purge The Herd?

creating an account on doomworld after a few months of lurking (well, years if you count whenever I came here to see the cacoawards)

(and playing a shitload of doom).

• washing 
  • housework
  • kids...
  • Furloughed so no work :-(
  • playing Doom after kids gone to bed...

Definitely much more active on doomworld (registered recently, but before this shit hit the fan);

REALLY miss going for a burn on my bike, but at least I can clean it without it getting crudded up again, so silver lining I guess.

It is definitely nice just spending time with my family though.

** UPDATE Apr 27th: **

• Also building a Doom2 WAD after being inspired..

Edited by smeghammer

On 4/5/2020 at 8:32 PM, Skullhacker said:

So, what have you been doing to entertain yourselves (other than playing Doom) during this quarantine?

Their are other things besides DOOM? Who the fuck knew? O_o

Mostly pondering listening to music while pacing around my room (Ive done this for an hour recently for no reason). Making an upcoming project for doom thats a whopping 1% done. And playing other video games sometimes. 

Oh yeah elearning which isnt that bad. Not many people in my area can afford internet so they have to keep the learning light so they arent too far behind

Fortunately for me I am able to still work full time as my job is considered an essential service. Considering everything that’s been going on it’s work and then straight home. So I’ve been playing lots of Eternal and Resident Evil 3, reading and writing, and listening to music.

I've gone home to the farm. Unfortunately I'm still expected to complete my courses for post-secondary.

We're calving right now so there is plenty of work to do, especially given how the weather is right now.

I'm currently making my way through Doom Eternal and the Spyro Reignited Trilogy (I tend to play one for a bit and then switch to the other, which is surprisingly relaxing). I've been trying to motivate myself to draw more, haven't succeeded with that yet. I'm also working on a map for Heretic and am contemplating whether or not I should try to start and manage my first community project.

I have two D&D groups that can meet online, though both have decided to postpone their campaigns until after all our exams are done.

A lot of things, most of all producing new music. And managing my record label Total Destruction Records.

I work and I like my job. Because I'm essential™ according to our benevolent overlords.

Feels good man.

On 4/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, M00DER said:

I work and I like my job. Because I'm essential™ according to our benevolent overlords.

Feels good man.

i'm sorry to hear that.

Wake up

Might eat breakfast

Get on PC

Chat on discord

Play video games

House work

Bodily functions

DeHackEd modding

Listening to music

Eat lunch and supper(dinner)

Sleep

Rinse and repeat for at least 40 more days

Continuing to work on my house.  So far I've replaced the leaking kitchen sink, stripped off the old silicone around the tub and redid that (only to have my wife say a day later "we should do that tub renewal thing"), did said tub renewal thing (pain in the ass but looks amazing), redid the silicone around the tub, fixed the damaged spots on the ceiling from the roof leak a few years ago then skim coated the ceiling smooth then painted two coats of primer on ceiling.  Also raked the yard and took down the plaster on an exterior wall so I could remove the slats and insulate that wall after removing the hornets nest that lived inside a bay next to the window (that was fun).  Today I finished putting the slats back up on that wall and started removing the plaster on the next exterior wall so I can insulate that.  Fun....

Also made a map for this project which came out rather well.

Started writing up a campaign world with some friends.

Played some Doom, a lot of Sniper Elite 4 and some Fallout 76.  Also went back to Fallout 3 and the Thief series.

Watched way too many Youtube videos and have gotten fully caught up on my television shows and half of my wife's television shows I'm that bored.

One good thing is my daily exercise walks is actually happening now (unless it's pouring out)..so that's a plus

Edited by joepallai

I see a lot of people say “lift”. Does anyone know anywhere someone in the US can still buy dumbbells? Ordered from over Walmart a month ago, still “shipped” with no movement. Everywhere else sold out. Besides that, how are resistance bands? Any other suggestions? I’m not in my prime but my lifts are still large enough that the usual pop articles about at home workouts don’t cut it.

Edited by insertwackynamehere

5 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I see a lot of people say “lift”. Does anyone know anywhere someone in the US can still hug dumbbells? Ordered from over Walmart a month ago, still “shipped” with no movement. Everywhere else sold out. Besides that, how are resistance bands? Any other suggestions? I’m not in my prime but my lifts are still large enough that the usual pop articles about at home workouts don’t cut it.

This is what I'm doing because all the gyms are closed and OfferUp lists dumbbells for like $90 lmao

6 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I’m not in my prime but my lifts are still large enough that the usual pop articles about at home workouts don’t cut it.

Try these.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:55 AM, joepallai said:

and some Fallout 76.

Just to be sure, you are playing that just to have a good laugh, right?

Ahhh yes. Exercise...   

Very difficult with kids and washing piling up. Did manage to restart recently - we are getting the kids to actually do some school work, so me an my wife are rockin' and rollin' using our home gym and making sure the kids do their homework. I got hold of a bunch of free weights and CV stuff last summer so we luckily already had a reasonable home gym already. 

14 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

Ordered from over Walmart a month ago, still “shipped” with no movement.

I guess they are not considered 'essential' :-(

I am also building a WAD after many many years... A couple of abortive shitty ones until I settled on one I am happy with. see this thread for more. It's a work in progress.