Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

On 3/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, pcorf said:

More shots from my SIGIL-inspired map named Eligos with lava and hell cracks galore including a revised starting room (with added MARBFACE). It will be E5M7 of Next Doom Odyssey with the beautiful music track Adirgio by Jimmy. Note: the exit texture may be possibly changed at a later date. As I mentioned beforehand, the sky is original and was created by me.

E5M7_W.jpg

E5M7_X.jpg

E5M7_Y.jpg

E5M7_Z.jpg

E5M7_V.jpg

Very nice, looks fun

Once I started working from home, I have made more progress this past month with Jazz Jackrabbit Doom TC.

I have MAP15: Temple of Marbelara and MAP18: Cold Day in Hell to finish and I should officially be finished with the mod. I am doing small touch ups on other maps as well.

(Secret Level) MAP21: "Epic Doom Ball" (Complete)

RdJcW1r.png

MAP01: "Here We Go Again" (Redesign Complete)

aOiuB8S.png

MAP04: "Electric Boogaloo" (Redesign Complete)

5YSApff.png

MAP20: "Final Battle" (Redesign Complete)

Hg5rmxm.png

MAP08: "Water Depths"(Redesign Complete)

bXPd0VG.png

MAP06: "Letni Facility" (Redesign Complete)

RLZ4sky.png

MAP15: "Temple of Marbelara"  (WIP)

dV1r7hN.png

Edited by Bass Slapper '89

22 hours ago, Casketkrusher said:

Map 7 of my PSX inspired wad.

map 07.jpg

hell yeah, I love psx and I will love this. noted

This is just some quick work. It's quite dumb. I was high when I did it, so it isn't oriented with the direction of the grid in any way. I have half an idea where this could go, *shrug*.

Dumb.png

Making part-techy, part-hellish map. The two parts are segregated, which makes everything more difficult.

Making a decent-looking demon fortress is hard - much harder than yet another techbase. I'm glad I only plan to spend 2 maps in proper hell. And then I will be able to use techbase again.

hellfortress.png

New enemy I've been working on for a little while (well, he's a modified chaingun guy) and he's in my mod. You thought the normal chaingun guys were bad? These ones are worse! They move faster, have a higher accuracy and deals at least twice the damage of a normal chaingun guy. These guys will literally shred the living hell out of you. 

CChaingunner.png

3 minutes ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

New enemy I've been working on for a little while (well, he's a modified chaingun guy) and he's in my mod. You thought the normal chaingun guys were bad? These ones are worse! They move faster, have a higher accuracy and deals at least twice the damage of a normal chaingun guy. These guys will literally shred the living hell out of you.  

Does the universe really need another hitscanner? Maybe you should give him plasma? Or rockets? Making fodder arachnotron or revenant? That'd be fun.

7 minutes ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

CChaingunner.png

Stop giving the Casalis ideas. For fuck's sake.

6 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Does the universe really need another hitscanner? Maybe you should give him plasma? Or rockets? Making fodder arachnotron or revenant? That'd be fun.

You won't come across many of these in my mod so be grateful for that, and there will be a Powerup or something to assist you with these guys. I've got plasma rifle zombies and even plasma Revenants too. I downloaded a lot of monsters from Realm667 and I modified some of those monsters and some of the original monsters so there's a huge variety of monsters, but the monsters you come across in my maps will depend on the theme of the map. 

I've also done a devastator spider mastermind that also has two triple powered chainguns, and currently working on a pyro-cannon version too. Already got one that shoots BFG's as well as two triple powered chainguns. But the spider masterminds and it's variants will be very rare.

7 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

Stop giving the Casalis ideas. For fuck's sake.

I'm sure the Casalis can come up with much worse than mine lol 

Finally got some time to work on Ozonia. Basically trying to add more detailing to the existent levels so after that I can work on new maps.

It will take a while though, I've just finished map 3 out of 11 lol, but it has been pretty fun working on detailing, which is something hard for me.

18 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

Here's a few screenshots of my first map (obviously taken when the builder was in visual mode)

<images>

Some nice architecture going on there! The 3rd and 4th shots could do with a little more colour/contrast though. It doesn't need to be a lot - even just finding places to put some really dark textures/flats would help enourmously.

4 hours ago, stewboy said:

Some nice architecture going on there! The 3rd and 4th shots could do with a little more colour/contrast though. It doesn't need to be a lot - even just finding places to put some really dark textures/flats would help enourmously.

Thanks. It's not quite finished yet. Between 3 and 4 is the brightness of the areas. 3 being outside so it will be brighter, and 4 being inside so it will be darker and has the lamps around and the lights from the ceiling to brighten it up, but I will keep your advice in mind. 🙂

Phobos Abandoned Outpost pt.2 drops next weekend or earlier. It's basically finished but I'm gunna spend another few more days tweaking monster / weapon balance and minor details. Gameplay is progressive, fast and challenging but very far from frustrating. Although it's quite a large and detailed map, the layout is not confusing with a linear critical path but also with plenty of non-linear exploration. Tight, dark hallways, sprawling outdoor areas ala Mt Erebus, and much more.

It continues directly from PAO pt.1 and has similar gameplay, so if you like what you see here, perhaps give PAO pt.1 a spin first. 

Most monster + item placement have been purposely omitted from these screenshots to avoid spoilers.

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 01-49-37.179 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 01-43-12.088 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 01-41-12.206 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 01-25-51.749 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-59-37.384 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-59-02.101 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-52-24.303 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-51-37.440 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-50-52.849 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-45-23.274 [R3107].jpg

MAP01 (edit area) at 2020.04.13 00-44-01.886 [R3107].jpg

Question to all mappers.

How to have good enemy placement in a outdoors map? I don't want the player to get bombarded with projectiles when they walk outside the starting point into the area. Really strugglin' to get a nice flow in combat. Also what to do to prevent door camping?

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, Casketkrusher said:

Question to all mappers.

How to have good enemy placement in a outdoors map? I don't want the player to get bombarded with projectiles when they walk outside the starting point into the area. Really strugglin' to get a nice flow in combat. Also what to do to prevent door camping?

Cheers.

If you're concerned about there being too many projectiles, either use a smaller population of harder hitters (say, a few hellknights instead of a larger group of imps - even do this to some groups and not to others to allow for infighting) or try and add cover (could be bits of rock, crates, small buildings, whatever you want) so the player can isolate groups and tackle them one at a time instead of fighting the entire horde at once.

Hell, you could cut down on projectile spammers even more and do with a few chaingunners/sergeants, or some revenants, or an arch-vile, something to make you dart around the cover pieces I mentioned earlier. That way, you have a clear focus on what to kill and it's not just "mow down this horde of Imps in this huge open circlestrafe-bait area"

If you want to prevent door camping, maybe put an ambush of, say, Pinkies that triggers behind you when the door opens. That way, you're forced to move back, into the open.

Hope this helps!

17 minutes ago, Casketkrusher said:

Question to all mappers.

Cheers.

Flush player out with a monster closet from behind or create monster closet outside with trigger line further from door, if you want to have elevated enemies make a trap with a platform that rises enemies near the player... or combination of those. Experiment with things.

Look in the Doom editing sections for tips, there is plenty of room for these types of questions.

Also, some random screenshots from super early version of my new map

idmO90R.jpg

gjnKl9M.jpg

Casually drip-feeding/teasing Nex Credo 2 stuff here, until there's enough finished that I feel I can make a thread for it...

The video for MAP03 there has some commentary in the description of where I feel it shows good mapping praxis. A lot of thought is going into these maps, that's for sure.