Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

Favorite Doom Weapon?

From all Doom games in general? Well, easy, the Super-shotgun and the Minigun. Strong and fun weapons to use. Also, the BFG but thats pretty much a must by now.

From a specific game, I really like the Ballista en Doom Eternal (same with the Railgun in Doom 2016.) I also really liked that single-shot demon rifle in Doom 2016 multiplayers, forgot the name tho.

I'd say the classical shotgun, not the SSG, mainly because of ammunition efficiency and sort of sniping. In that sense I feel it's more practical and versatile.

(Yeah, if you really want to snipe you clearly use the chaingun or pistol instead, but shotgun also works pretty well in some cases IMO)

I recently converted over to the Unmaker's side (specifically Doom 64) because of how great it looks, sounds and is.

Before then it was the Doom 3 Plasma Rifle.

All the shotguns in Doom 1, 2 and 64 are my favorite, also the Unmaker in 64.

Ultimate DooM & DooM 2 - Plasma gun

DooM 3 - Tie between plasma gun & chain gun

DooM 3 RoE - Double Barreled Shotgun & Grabber (technically is not a weapon but it is used as one)

DooM 64 - The Unmaker

My favorite is the rocket launcher and plasma gun. I would say my most used weapon is SSG by far though, it's probably the most versatile.

I use rockets whenever available to a fault; let me stack that splash risk is of no issue. They also tend to kill most things faster than most other weapons and they're just viscerally fun to use, including in deathmatches, though I do also like to be a happy arachnotron in dm's too, fanning areas to cool off all the angry doomguys :D

The Double Barreled Shotgun in the Doom 3 Expansion pack is beautiful, It should be in a museum. I also like the design of the Doom 3 Machine Gun even if it's a bit useless.

• Zombieman - SSG, chaingun, shotgun
  • Shotgunner - SSG, chaingun, shotgun
  • Chaingunner - SSG, chaingun, rocket launcher 
  • Imp - SSG, chaingun, fist 
  • Demon/Spectre - Chainsaw, fist, SSG 
  • Lost soul - Chainsaw, fist, SSG 
  • Cacodemon - SSG, chaingun, BFG 
  • Pain elemental - Chainsaw, chaingun, BFG (I love killing pain elementals with the chainsaw when I have the chance.) 
  • Hell knight - SSG, rocket launcher, shotgun 
  • Arachnotron - Rocket launcher, plasma rifle, BFG (I don't know why, but I actually fear arachnotrons a lot and after arch-viles, pain elementals, hitscanners and revenants they are my go-to target.) 
  • Revenant - Rocket launcher, SSG, chaingun 
  • Mancubus - BFG, SSG, rocket launcher (I hate when the chaingun doesn't stun them.) 
  • Arch-Vile - Rocket launcher, BFG, SSG (Self-explanatory. The only other weapon that works is the plasma rifle and we all know why.) 
  • Baron of hell - Rocket launcher, SSG, plasma rifle (I hate when they survive a BFG shot.) 
  • Spiderdemon and cyberdemon - Plasma rifle, SSG, BFG (I waist less ammo if I attack with the plasma rifle or the SSG. I'm more of a micro nerd.) 

Overall, SSG, but you see it's situational. 

1 hour ago, spd7693 said:

Overall, SSG, but you see it's situational. 

I second that. I used to have a single weapon as my favorite, but the more I play doom, the more I discover and understand the other weapons potential.

And heck, unlike you I even use the pistol for sniping weaker enemies from time to time.

The Plasma Gun/Rifle across all the Doom games. It grabs attention either through its sound, appearance, firing visual, and/or combat use. A weapon suitable for a space marine!

Super Shotgun, but if I'm in the mood for dancing, I love the berserked fists. Something about dancing around a small room with two or three Barons and killing them with my fists is just so satisfying. Even moreso if I do it without taking damage.

Single shotgun obviously, the most useful weapon due to perfect mix of power and accuracy (and smaller reload than double one).