Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdarkmasterx

The dark forest (MBF wad)

1 hour ago, Korozive said:

Ya'll are joking right?

They aren't - I just tested the map myself. This is defenitely one of the most innovative wads I've played in years.

That "liquid" is not damaging in the first room, but it is in the second room. How consistent is this? And therefore i have to deduct one point for my rating: 0/10

24 minutes ago, grrfield said:

That "liquid" is not damaging in the first room, but it is in the second room. How consistent is this? And therefore i have to deduct one point for my rating: 0/10

The first fellow must have had a good diet. 

9 hours ago, terrcraftguy695 said:

This wad is the most innovative Doom wads in years!

It has, erm,.... potential...

19 minutes ago, joe-ilya said:

That means I won't ever be able to use this beautiful sky in my maps, what a world. Q_Q

That's a point... maybe it was discourteous to use somebody's picture without permission

So, the sky has been replaced with something even better. Have fun! ;)

People tend to talk about Build engine games approximating real world locations/objects but I feel this wad edges them out. I feel like my face looked like your avatar @xdarkmasterx while I was playing the dark forest.

If you're not finding it enjoyable @Morpheus666 you more than likely have your music turned off. Crank it up and you'll get into the flow of the map.

Can you put the WAD in a .zip file with an idgames-style .txt file, for autists like me? I like to have the author name and map name and the date that this version was uploaded/updated

edit: Nvm, I posted this before actually opening the WAD

there are interesting design choices that i think need a explanation.. like one major thing that i am asking is simple:

Why is there so many phallic shaped objects in the wad, Is it suppose to be a joke wad? cuz i guess i missed the punch line.

1 minute ago, Morpheus666 said:

there are interesting design choices that i think need a explanation.. like one major thing that i am asking is simple:

Why is there so many phallic shaped objects in the wad, Is it suppose to be a joke wad? cuz i guess i missed the punch line.

I think the first four words of the OP's description kinda gives it away tbh :P

This wad defeated Coronavirus from the world!

Really, an enlightening experience. Music is just the best part.

@129thVisplane made a good 128x128 version of the sp_face2 you're using as a sky.   See page 22 of https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/90900-post-your-doom-textures/?page=22

@EffinghamHuffnagel also made a good switch version at the bottom of page 34

I used both in the end area for Altar of Extraction.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD MY EYES!!  I JUST TRIED DARK FOREST....

Edited by Gokuma

13 hours ago, Morpheus666 said:

it's interesting....not too good but playable? ig if your into this weird ass shit

Denial

Anger

it deserves a cacoaward

Acceptance

Guest Unregistered account

bad = funny

Never have I experienced such emotive depth in and Doom pwad I've ever played. 

This one goes down in the anal's of the rich history of custom Doom content. 

10/10