Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mara

Multiplayer WAD recommendations

I've been planning to play some Doom with some of my friends that aren't super familiar with Doom in general. However, I came to a realization that my knowledge of interesting multiplayer WADs are completely lacking as I never really looked into them that much before. I'm only aware of few GZDoom ones like Reelism, Hellshots Golf and Stronghold: On The Edge Of Chaos, but that's about it.

That's why I'm going to ask here; What would you recommend? I'm looking for either heavy gameplay changes (like the ones I mentioned) or just basic mappacks that works perfectly for co-op. Not really looking for deathmatch content.

EDIT: Also, wasn't entirely sure if this is the right subforum (considering there's also one for WADs) but oh well.

I've never used GZDoom for multiplayer, but there's some interesting stuff for Zandronum like Dodgeball Doom and Stupid LMS, but despite being goofy and fun they still have a competitive element to them. They all require Skulltag Content to run.

Running just the Skulltag Content in Zandronum adds in some fun invasion maps as well, I enjoyed playing through them many times with friends, you guys might enjoy that. (their map names are d2inv1, d2inv2 and so forth)

In terms of classic, normal co-op wads, you can't go wrong with Momento Mori 2, Alien Vendetta or something newer like Ancient Aliens.

Oh yeah, I was planning to use Zandronum, I just think of GZDoom for some reason when insanely modded wads comes to mind.

But I'll start with those, especially with normal co-op wads as I've only played a little bit of Ancient Aliens before. Thanks a lot!

I'll keep that in mind if I change my mind about trying deathmatch stuff, thanks for letting me know!