Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phobos Anomaly

Latest Patch Seemingly Precludes Cross-Platform Play

I had hopes that Battlemode would eventually include cross-platform play, so that my brothers and I could play together, since they are both on Xbone. But this latest patch seems to preclude that possibility. I know it would have been difficult to make it fair, but I was hoping they could find a workaround. Any thoughts?

This update for DOOM Eternal features BATTLEMODE balance changes for console only and does not require any download.

Note from the Devs:

Right now, PC balance is performing as intended and the results online have been fantastic to see. Only teamwork and strategy for the demons can overcome the DPS power that's possible on mouse and keyboard for highly skilled Slayers. That dynamic between the two sides is what we strived for on all platforms during development.

However, after weeks of great community feedback, we agree that Slayers on console are at a slight disadvantage due to the lower overall DPS output possible on a controller. Against the best teams, Slayers were finding it difficult to do enough damage in the small windows the current balance on demons and their abilities were providing.

It is our hope that this patch will bring the challenge for Console-Slayers more within reach and the overall feel of the match will be more consistent now between all platforms.

Thank you guys for all the support. Our goal with BATTLEMODE was to innovate through design, to allow you to experience the combat in the single player campaign with your friends in a competitive mode - a multiplayer for fans of Doom Eternal.

We have many more updates to come. Stay tuned...

-Hugo Martin, Game Director

Read the full patch notes here:

https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/aemhDCRbPHlcHpXOXspv2/april-9-battlemode-update-for-console

Console and PC cross platform would be hilariously awful without forcing PC players to use a controller, then it’s just awful instead of hilarious.

36 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Console and PC cross platform would be hilariously awful without forcing PC players to use a controller, then it’s just awful instead of hilarious.

Or force console players to use a mouse, which would not be better.

@Deimos @oCrapaCreeper

Yes, I know it would be difficult to make it fair, as I mentioned in my initial post. But there are plenty of games that have implemented PC/console cross platform play and have found various levels of success with it. I was hoping id would try something similar.

3 hours ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

@Deimos @oCrapaCreeper

Yes, I know it would be difficult to make it fair, as I mentioned in my initial post. But there are plenty of games that have implemented PC/console cross platform play and have found various levels of success with it. I was hoping id would try something similar.

I know, for my part i would like to have the choice in a second category under the usual choices(quick match...) and a mouse/keyboard implementation on consoles(tied to cross plat section), that way nothing is shoved down anyone's throat but yet we'd have more possibilities, everyone wins...

I love the fact Street Fighter 5 has cross-play I like to game on PC but it's easy to get game-pad or a arcade stick (the right way to play) on PC getting  M-K setup for consoles is harder