Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just a question for all the mappers in this project, are you guys mostly re-skinning e1m1 or actually adding drastic gameplay changes yet still resembling e1m1?
Just wanted to gauge a general consensus. Thanks :)

6 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

Just a question for all the mappers in this project, are you guys mostly re-skinning e1m1 or actually adding drastic gameplay changes yet still resembling e1m1?

From what I've seen thus far (including my map), most maps are drastically changing to the gameplay, and some subtly changing it.

IMO, reskinning E1M1 would be kind of a boring project. However, the promise of something seemingly familiar but totally different is exceptionally interesting.

The concept is to create a new map from scratch that has various elements inspired by E1M1. You could say it tends more to the later point you put.

If you are curious and want to figure out for yourself, you can check the maps that have been released at the previous pages.

These include: Plutonia E1M1

On 3/13/2020 at 3:04 AM, DJVCardMaster said:

Have a look for yourselves, try it with plutonia.wad and in MAP11, it does not have the plutonia textures added, so don't try running it with DOOM2.WAD, I want people to playtest it first. Can be played on vanilla since I'm not willing to do something for a newer source port.

Download

Hanagar City

On 3/16/2020 at 3:22 AM, Crunchynut44 said:

Name: Hangar City (if someone can come up with a more creative name please help me out :D)

Author: Crunchynut44

Midi: Tungsten by Jimmy

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/55ibrsn110mvrkp/CN44 Hanger City.wad?dl=0

Also, what about "Hangar Suburbs" or "Hangar Downtown"? Completely original names, btw :P

13 hours ago, Bushpig2dope said:

I'm re-skinning a couple of enemies, health pickups and ammo pickups, to fit with my map theme better. Gameplay would be much more challenging than vanilla E1M1. The layout will also be different but it will have some of E1M1 landmarks such as the zig zagging pathway in the nukage re-textured, maybe sligthly reworked if needed.

1 hour ago, Solmyr said:

I'm re-skinning a couple of enemies, health pickups and ammo pickups, to fit with my map theme better. Gameplay would be much more challenging than vanilla E1M1. The layout will also be different but it will have some of E1M1 landmarks such as the zig zagging pathway in the nukage re-textured, maybe sligthly reworked if needed.

Ok completely unrelated to what you said but your profile picture is actually cursed. I'm gonna have nightmares XD

Here's my submission. Included are the mapfile, and a Doom 1 texture in Doom 2 wad. They're separate for now, so both are needed to run this. Otherwise, runs on any limit-removing sourceport.

It's MAP07 and needs the Mancubus 666 trigger - the level is beatable without it, but spoiler it raises the stakes.

ShadesE1M1.zip

e1m1a.png

e1m1b.png

e1m1c.png

Advanced issue found

😐
2 hours ago, ShadesMaster said:

Here's my submission. Included are the mapfile, and a Doom 1 texture in Doom 2 wad. They're separate for now, so both are needed to run this. Otherwise, runs on any limit-removing sourceport.

It's MAP07 and needs the Mancubus 666 trigger - the level is beatable without it, but spoiler it raises the stakes.

ShadesE1M1.zip

I  just did a playtest. I would recommend more ammo for the cyberdemon. I also suggest making the lava sectors bright.

The due date is coming soon! If anyone needs more time just tell me. There are some people who signed up for this who have not said a word. I hope they didn't forget about this.

I'm nearing completion. I've got the groundwork all done, just need to work on enemy encounters and minor detailing. Hopefully finished tomorrow!
My map feels like an outlier I wont lie, its such a drastic style change from everyones map. Maybe it being a secret map could work better? Up to you though I'm happy either way. I dont want to rustle any mappers feathers with my theme lol

EDIT: Added some screens. I'm yet to add a skybox and custom water graphic

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200331_144512.png.5e63005d2ee76823311aef01b6d71515.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200331_144527.png.9539aa02a0d5f7cd47d38cced4e04b88.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200331_144544.png.22ba7a50a2f9ba0d78b53a962e08fa13.png

Edited by Bushpig2dope

E1M1: Abandoned version
Link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440047934617419797/694474617716211712/E1M1A.ZIP
Iwad: Doom 2
Map01
Port: Any LR port with ogg/mp3 support
Music from narcosis.wad by espi
Due the drama about plagiatism i have to say something. This map is based on the original E1M1 by John Romero, so if you going to post project on /idgames, please exclude this version of E1M1. Thank you.

AbandonB.png

Edited by Chainie

Spooky.

It would be cool if in that last room The fences were torn down instead of just not there.

My Neo E1M1 is coming along nicely nicely. I'm just stressed out about how I'll have to find all the otex textures in my map and import them into the wad one by one. That's gonna take a while.

On April 20th I want everyone to DM me the latest version of your map. I will then compile them together in a WAD. When I'm done with that I will release the WAD on a new topic.

5 hours ago, Theshyguy489 said:

On April 20th I want everyone to DM me the latest version of your map. I will then compile them together in a WAD. When I'm done with that I will release the WAD on a new topic.

Will there be any opportunity for us to play all of the maps to determine the order of maps based on difficulty, final playtesting to catch any hard-to-find bugs, etc.?

Ok, Once I combine the maps into a wad, I will send a copy to everyone and we can do a private playtest first before we release it.

4 hours ago, DukeOfDoom said:

Is it too late to change the theme of my map?

Maps are due the 20th. Can you really make a map in that time?

6 hours ago, Theshyguy489 said:

Maps are due the 20th. Can you really make a map in that time?

I was simply thinking about making E1M1 in Wolfenstein style.

@Bushpig2dope - absolutely love the style of your map. 

@Solmyr - I've admittedly played very little Resident Evil (once many years ago), but your map definitely makes me want to play some!

Really looking forward to how this WAD all comes together.

2 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

@Bushpig2dope - absolutely love the style of your map. 

@Solmyr - I've admittedly played very little Resident Evil (once many years ago), but your map definitely makes me want to play some!

Really looking forward to how this WAD all comes together.

Hey thanks man :)