Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morpheus Greene

Any full fledged RPG mods?

im looking for something along the lines of golden souls 2, but in a fantasy setting perhaps? either that or some sort of sims or GTA type mod. im not sure if im expecting too much from a doom mod, but it would be cool to see something very "different".

32510_screenshots_20200116112825_1.jpg

This is not in a fantasy setting, but if exp grinding is what you are looking for, there's Doom Exp.

But if you only want the fantasy setting, have you checked Hexen and Strife?

2 minutes ago, Mara said:

This is not in a fantasy setting, but if exp grinding is what you are looking for, there's Doom Exp.

But if you only want the fantasy setting, have you checked Hexen and Strife?

i have, and neither of them piqued my interest, nor did heretic.

As TheNoob_Gamer mentioned, The Inquisitor series is probably one of the best known Doom-as-Fantasy-Rpg wads out there. I've heard the 3rd installment of the series is the best (you can read a review here). The team behind the series also recently released a mapset titled Ascension (site is in Russian), which seems to be something in a similar vein. 

3 minutes ago, Morpheus Greene said:

update: my wording was weird, but essentially im looking for super unique doom mods that essentially make it a completely different experience.

Hmm, then check out Castlevania: Simon's Destiny. It's by the same guy who made Golden Souls 1/2 (and 3) and is essentially a remake of Castlevania 1 in Doom.

Theres always Kyle873's Doom RPG which just looking at the screenshots looks like a standard rpg.

I say pictures though cause I cant get it running for the life of me

3 minutes ago, nue said:

Theres always Kyle873's Doom RPG which just looking at the screenshots looks like a standard rpg.

I say pictures though cause I cant get it running for the life of me

If we are talking about it, Doom RPG SE is more worthy - it's a continuation that fixes bugs from the original and makes the mod wayy more easier to run.

4 hours ago, Morpheus Greene said:

i have, and neither of them piqued my interest, nor did heretic.

I am surprised to see you mention Heretic, it was essentially a reskin of Doom with a medieval fantasy setting but it wasn't anywhere close to an RPG regardless of the inventory system.

you guys are actually amazing, lol. that castlevania one looks fucking sick! any advice on how to play multiple WADs without losing progress? i have that issue a lot. for example, i made some decent progress in golden souls 2, then tried playing WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony only to find that my save was overwritten.

59 minutes ago, Morpheus Greene said:

you guys are actually amazing, lol. that castlevania one looks fucking sick! any advice on how to play multiple WADs without losing progress? i have that issue a lot. for example, i made some decent progress in golden souls 2, then tried playing WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony only to find that my save was overwritten.

Click save game and name the save?