Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boaby Kenobi

GZ-Doom-PSX Doom TC Issues

So I am a big fan of the custom PlayStation edition of Doom so naturally I think that the PSX Doom TC is fantastic but I'm having some issues with that and I am hoping someone here might be able to suggest what's wrong. I have GZ-Doom, as I believe that's what you need to run the total conversion? Yesterday when I unzipped everything I could play the Doom TC fine but then today when I loaded it up it automatically launched GZ-Doom instead of the TC, and when I changed some of the options in the TC menu it nows gives me a fatal error for GZ-Doom. I'm pretty sure I have all the relevant files, WADs, etc, but I'll include some screens so you can see exactly what's there.

GZ-Doom Folder.png

PSXDTC.png

GZ-Doom Error.png

Use the included GZDoom instead of 4.3.3.

If you do: Redownload the whole package.

I dont think this is the GEC Edition aka DZDoom?

@Redneckerz So I did what you suggested and now it's working fine. Thank you very much. I just assumed having the latest version of GZ-Doom would have been better but as they say, sometimes less is more.

This is the PSX Doom TC but I have the GEC Master Edition too. I even have that on my PSP. It's very cool.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

@Redneckerz So I did what you suggested and now it's working fine. Thank you very much. I just assumed having the latest version of GZ-Doom would have been better but as they say, sometimes less is more.

This is the PSX Doom TC but I have the GEC Master Edition too. I even have that on my PSP. It's very cool.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. :)

PSX Doom TC is a discontinued TC that relies on a specific GZDoom version. You weren't wrong in assuming that you need the latest GZDoom to play - The vast majority of projects either suggest this or a minimum version. PSX Doom TC is one of those outliers that rely on an older build.

Interesting that GEC Master works on PSP. The more you know :)