Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

1 hour ago, Casketkrusher said:

Question to all mappers.

How to have good enemy placement in a outdoors map? I don't want the player to get bombarded with projectiles when they walk outside the starting point into the area. Really strugglin' to get a nice flow in combat. Also what to do to prevent door camping?

Cheers.

Revenants and chaingunners are your answer

I had been working on salvaging my old Maverick Hunters mod and turning it into an Omega Zero mod for GZDoom. It's pretty barebones and basic. You play as Omega Zero. You can shoot and charge the Z-Buster up to two charge levels and the Z-Saber can do a three slash combo and you can dash forward by pressing Q. There is a download link in the video description.

2 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

I had been working on salvaging my old Maverick Hunters mod and turning it into an Omega Zero mod for GZDoom. It's pretty barebones and basic. You play as Omega Zero. You can shoot and charge the Z-Buster up to two charge levels and the Z-Saber can do a three slash combo and you can dash forward by pressing Q. There is a download link in the video description.

I must admit as a fan of megaman zero, it is incredible, I also made omega zero for my mod, but instead of a playable class it is a challenging enemy, your work is impressive!

To combat some boredom I decided to try my hand on building maps for the first time (technically 3rd because I garbaged some maps because of errors I can't fix)image.png.591469f5420a366449443256deaf8fad.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_154114.png.a95a54d9e362d3458d0a9df3c99575e4.png

My aim is having them run on vanilla, and so far it actually did work.

On jeudi 19 mars 2020 at 7:29 AM, Remilia Scarlet said:

Release candidate screens for my Oops! All Greyboxes! map.  The level is called Sacrificial Altar.

Shouldn't levels for this project be called things like [PLACEHOLDER] or $NAME, to go with the aesthetic? (Turbonerd option: "commit a0e8420a68c6cea3225c51e3d247deebcd3159fb" -- that's the SHA1 hash for "Sacrificial Altar" according to some online javascript thing I've found.)

13 hours ago, Casketkrusher said:

Question to all mappers.

How to have good enemy placement in a outdoors map? I don't want the player to get bombarded with projectiles when they walk outside the starting point into the area. Really strugglin' to get a nice flow in combat. Also what to do to prevent door camping?

Cheers.

A method I've seen used in @Doomkid's "Ray Mohawk's Manic Monday" is to have a few W1 monster teleport lines in room. So when the player opens the door and wakes up the monster, some of them will teleport behind his back. Then it doesn't matter whether you rush in the room or stay out to camp, in either case you'll have to fight.

Made some more progress on my PSX inspired WAD, MAP 02: Survival

-- Took some notes from the replies! 

Cheers

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162504.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162512.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162523.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162528.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162538.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162610.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162616.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162623.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162649.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162710.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162729.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162733.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162743.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162801.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162811.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162831.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162848.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_162854.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163106.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163110.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163115.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163120.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163145.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163151.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163243.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163247.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163257.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200413_163329.png

10 hours ago, Casketkrusher said:

Thats a lot of quite good pictures

Spoiler

Could you put it in one of these though? Its just that there are like 25 pictures.

2 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

@Guardsoul, very cool looking design there. I like the chains a lot; is that just a mid texture?

Correct! It´s one of the chain textures that are inside the OTEX texture pack made by Ukiro.

Not exactly sure where to post this but it is related to my wads anyway. But I've uploaded pretty much all of my MIDI files that I have composed for DOOM-related projects over the years. Contains the MIDI's from Whispers of Satan (full soundtrack including K.A's songs as labelled), 2002ado (full soundtrack), Zone 300, Simply Phobos, Death Tormention, Death Tormention 2, Doom 2 Unleashed Pcorf Community Project, Paul's Deathmatch, Twilight Zone 2 Final Dreams, Doomed Space Wars midis and various midis composed for other projects such as Scythe X, etc.

You can download it here.

Website has been updated too.

image.png.0ba347e2d46aec3787dae4a5c34780ec.png

Very early WIP of the next map I'm making in my OTEX-powered Hell WAD. Too early for the "Doom Pictures" thread even. Another few weeks I'll probably have the entire west side of the map done, maybe even the large central room too, then I'll show some stuff over there. This is the third map I'm making out of 10 planned (Although it's slotted as MAP06), and it's coming along quite nicely now.

43 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Not exactly sure where to post this but it is related to my wads anyway. But I've uploaded pretty much all of my MIDI files that I have composed for DOOM-related projects over the years. Contains the MIDI's from Whispers of Satan (full soundtrack including K.A's songs as labelled), 2002ado (full soundtrack), Zone 300, Simply Phobos, Death Tormention, Death Tormention 2, Doom 2 Unleashed Pcorf Community Project, Paul's Deathmatch, Twilight Zone 2 Final Dreams, Doomed Space Wars midis and various midis composed for other projects such as Scythe X, etc.

You can download it here.

Website has been updated too.

Do you mind if I used one or two of your midi's in my DOOM mod please? I'm looking for new midis so people don't have to listen to the original Doom music over and over lol 

On 4/12/2020 at 9:36 PM, Casketkrusher said:

Question to all mappers.

Cheers.

I have a few hit scan enemies in the first outside area of my first map and a Revenant in the distance, but the number of hit scans vary on the difficulty people choose to play it on. I have put plenty in (mainly zombie men on the outside of the buildings and more powerful hit scan enemies inside the buildings) but they are spread about the map with plenty of places to avoid them. I got a couple of Revenants in dangerous spots where they shoot at you from near enough anywhere, but they are easy to avoid until you gain some more heavy weaponry to kill them. 

Placing enemies in maps is always difficult. You got to the right enemies in the right areas for good traps and ambushes, and the right number of them too. Even combining different monsters together for a trap or something can be tricky. Chaingunners and Revenants can be a deadly combination imo.

Edited by Mad Dal 85

On 4/11/2020 at 3:14 PM, stewboy said:

Some nice architecture going on there! The 3rd and 4th shots could do with a little more colour/contrast though. It doesn't need to be a lot - even just finding places to put some really dark textures/flats would help enourmously.

Took your advice man and changed the floor texture on the inside so it doesn't look the same as the outside. Using a darker floor texture for the inside adds a bit of contrast so it doesn't look so bright/light everywhere. Thanks for that piece of advice. 👍 (Shots 1 & 2, same as before but with changed floor texture. 3 is outside)

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

Wow, seeing all sorts of cool stuff here!

Question... is this thread restricted only to mapping projects, or are other gameplay mods (like partial conversions) allowed here?

@Guardsoul Been looking for some awesome mapsets to run with my mod.  If you want a tester for your map, sign me up! :D

3 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

Do you mind if I used one or two of your midi's in my DOOM mod please? I'm looking for new midis so people don't have to listen to the original Doom music over and over lol 

Go ahead.

Note: The songs from Whispers of Satan MAP11,14,19,22,27, and 28 were made by Kristian Nebula. E5M1 of 2002ado is Sam & Max, Surfin' the Highway".

My first map for Ultimate Doom. Not too good in today's standards, but I'm proud of actually finishing it.

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom04.png

13 minutes ago, pcorf said:

Go ahead.

Note: The songs from Whispers of Satan MAP11,14,19,22,27, and 28 were made by Kristian Nebula. E5M1 of 2002ado is Sam & Max, Surfin' the Highway".

Thanks man 😁👍

After finding a nice star lit night sky in one of the many texture packs I have, I don't know whether to make my first map a day time one, or a night time one and add extra lighting in it to give it more of a night time feel... Both look good, but that night sky looks absolutely amazing. Dunno whether to use it in my first map or save it for another map. 🤔

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Tried out my map using the night sky (and added some lit lamps around the outside area too) and it just looks so much better than before (please excuse the dead bodies lol) If I do decide to stick with the night time version, I will have to add some lights on the outside walls shining down on to the floor to give it a better night time effect and feel. I do love night skies in Doom wads. That's one thing I love about the Valiant wad, the night skies. 

Screenshot_Doom_20200415_204707.png