Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissMelee

Wall textures visible through floor

Question

I'm working on my first map and this is an issue that I just can't figure out. They're only visible through the floor on this side of the door.

MFzHIMt.png

You can also see the door tracks through the floor when the door is open.

UE4TmNb.png

I've tried really hard to figure this out by myself, because I'm sure it's really obvious and I'll look like an idiot for not figuring it out, but I'm stumped. How do I make this go away?

Edit: I tested this in GLBoom+ and PrBoom+ and the issue does not appear there. It only appears in GZDoom for me. The map was made in Doom Builder 2.

Edited by MissMelee

3 answers to this question

This issue should only present itself with middle textures two-sided lines. If they are two-sided, delete the sectors that are supposed to be walls.

If this situation comes up later and you DO want a middle texture on a two-sided line(like when making bars and grates), all you need is a difference of sector properties between both sides of the line(which can be as little as a 1 point difference in brightness!)

From the look of it, I have two guesses. Most likely you forgot to add lower texture to the bottom of the door, which has elevated floor. Less likely is you used middle texture on a non-solid wall and those don't tile unless they are on solid one

1 hour ago, Alper002 said:

This issue should only present itself with middle textures two-sided lines. If they are two-sided, delete the sectors that are supposed to be walls.

If this situation comes up later and you DO want a middle texture on a two-sided line(like when making bars and grates), all you need is a difference of sector properties between both sides of the line(which can be as little as a 1 point difference in brightness!)

The middle textures weren't double-sided, but I changed the brightness of the sectors and that fixed it! Thanks!