Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GooberMan

Space Station Omega FINALLY nearing release

This map should have been released MONTHS ago, but I finally decided to open the map up again after leaving it dormant for six months and do the final bit of work on it. I'm hoping to have it in the 26th January /newstuff. All I have to do is some scripting work, fix up a few traps, add a little bit more detail and it'll be done.

GooberMan said:

I'm hoping to have it in the 26th January /newstuff.

We're looking forward to SSO's release, GooberMan. If its anything like your previous releases it'll be innovative and fun.

ReX said:

We're looking forward to SSO's release, GooberMan. If its anything like your previous releases it'll be innovative and fun.

The feedback from the testers (which have included over the past year boris and mmnpsrsoskl) give me the impression that the map is going to be one of the best releases of the year.

And yeah, Epyo, that paragraph kind answered your question. I started work on it about three or four days after I released Doom Arcade (which was released on 10th December 2001). It hasn't been continuous work though - last time I touched the map before the other day was in July last year.

GooberMan said:

...the map is going to be one of the best releases of the year.

Then I'm going to have to work harder on Dawn: A Prelude to give you some competition, eh? May the better ReX win! ;)

Another mod that was sposed to be out at the same time SSO was originally intended for release :P

I'm still waiting for Dawn. So release it now. So that I can make SSO better. So that I can be a better ReX. Or something :P

Well, sure, I've delayed it for a year, delaying it until deathy reviews should be no trouble... oh, wait, I forgot about the lynch mob waiting :P

24 hours, not a week and 24 hours :P

Before you start asking "where is it???", I'm at work and don't have access to the file, and it hasn't been 24 hours yet :P

Anyway, no, it has nothing to do with whatever that Space Station Alpha fanfic is - never heard of it until you mentioned it.

Get back to work you slacker! So saith Duke Nukem. Is he allowed on the Doomworld forums?

Hey, we're allowed to use the net for personal purposes during lunch break and after quittin time :P

I'll be home in about 3 hours, at which time I'll finish up the map and unleash it to the world...

Good things come to those who wait. Looking forward to your map!

btw: My mistake. I thought the fanfic was one of your creations.