• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

11 hours ago, Breeder said:

New life for my Raspberry Pi 3...

IMG_20200407_040819460~2.jpg

I want to try this out with my Pi. This is using ZDoom or PrBoom in RetroPie?

1 hour ago, AmethystViper said:

I want to try this out with my Pi. This is using ZDoom or PrBoom in RetroPie?

This is a non-overclocked Pi3, so I had to settle with PrBOOM. Looks good though with filters

The only real issue I have had is a little slow down when Map01 of Going Down loaded, but that aside it seems fine thus far, though I didn't add D4V to it.
TNT Revilution caused the Pi to lock up as soon as I took my first step in Map01, though I've not tested it without D4V. And lastly Evilution runs at a slow frame rate. That said though, everything else seems to be running butter smooth thus far, and showing me that I need to give my old Pi3's away or sell them and update strictly to Pi4's which I've been able to run GzDOOM on under Raspian.

On the Playstation Classic using Project Eris and lzDOOM, everything has been running better than on the Pi3, though maybe just not looking quite as sharp due to lack of filters. I have yet to notice any incompatibilities with D4V at all.
Project Eris also has a port of Crispy DOOM, but the sound pops so I've not experimented with it to the degree that I have with lzDOOM.

Hey Noiser, I have a question

In the BtSX trailer, are you using Chocolate Doom? And if you are, how did you get the crosshair?

20 hours ago, Breeder said:

This is a non-overclocked Pi3, so I had to settle with PrBOOM. Looks good though with filters

Ah, I see. I have a non-overclocked Pi 3B+ but having a hard time trying to get PrBoom and ZDoom to cooperate with loading mods and such.

Hello! This may be a dumb question, but I am asking for permission to make a DOOM 2 Vanilla or, as I called it when I started it, Palette-izer. It is basically DOOM 4 Vanilla but without the DOOM 4 weapons or the new textures. The only things are the SFX, Palette, and music. I am thinking of adding new Clusters (Story screens) and some new levels that replace the EXM8 and MAP07, just like in DOOM 4 Vanilla. I can DM you the W.I.P. Mod if you want to check it out before approving. Oh yeah, the reason I am asking is that this project would use alot, alot, of DEH, Sounds, and, of course, music, from D4V, and I would need approval from the person to use alot of this stuff.

On 4/7/2020 at 11:21 PM, DarkShotX45 said:

Hey Noiser, I have a question

In the BtSX trailer, are you using Chocolate Doom? And if you are, how did you get the crosshair?

Oh, I used Crispy Doom on the video. I even set the crosshair by default if you play with it.

12 hours ago, Breeder said:

(image)

That's nice!

Can someone guide me in getting this to work on Doomseeker? I have to do this co-op! It's amazing!

I'm having a strange compatibility issue.

I'm trying to run this with gzdoom and wadsmoosh, my goal is to playthrough everything with this and a few minor aesthetic mods. Since only gzdoom can run the smooshed iwad, its the engine I'm going to have to use for this playthough. Mostly everything works fine, However, when I'm on Hell On Earth's MAP02 (underhalls) and try to goto the secret xbox level BETRAY.wad, it just skips to MAP03. The xbox level on E1M1 to SEWERS.WAD does work though. And the MAP02 to BETRAY.WAD works if I disable Doom4Vanilla. My guess this has something to do with the lack of -nodeh, or me loading the .deh file incorrectly? Or perhaps it is because the Doom2 levels get renamed to UAC Mars Base 01, 02 etc?

image.png.fbc45529af79fdd2212278681850bd31.png

So, I took some time to improve and correct a few things on the BTSX edition:

- Tweaked a bit more the weapon\enemy balance

- Fixed the intermission texts not appearing on Chocolate Doom

- Reduced the cooldown time of the Vortex Rifle

- Improved blood animations

- Improved the Slayer hud sprites

- Fixed some inconscistencies with enemies

- Fixed that cell ammo issue as I previously mentioned
- Fixed the Chainsaw offset

- Some minor things I don't remember right now

BTSX EDITION: DOWNLOAD v3.1

REGULAR: DOWNLOAD v3.1

I really recommend to update the BTSX edition, so you can have a better experience on the second episode.

Let me know what you think about the balance so far. Hopefully it will be one of the last big updates.

Spoiler

Remember to read the instructions inside the file if you want to play on other ports.
There is an specific order to be loaded, so drag and drop is not recommended - it's better to use command lines or a launcher. 

Aaand I also finally updated and released the MS-DOS versions as well:

MS-DOS BTSX EDITION: DOWNLOAD v3.1
MS-DOS EDITION: DOWNLOAD v3.1

image.png.8557eb854d36799ce9570fd4cc2f116a.png

Edited by Noiser

Finally, here's a video that I did for fun (best way to keep my sanity on this quarantine).

Probably the most intense shit I ever recorded!

I put it on another post to not pollute the release one, sorry for that. :-/

Edited by Noiser

On 4/10/2020 at 1:41 AM, YeOldeFellerNoob said:

Hello! This may be a dumb question, but I am asking for permission to make a DOOM 2 Vanilla or, as I called it when I started it, Palette-izer. It is basically DOOM 4 Vanilla but without the DOOM 4 weapons or the new textures. The only things are the SFX, Palette, and music. 

Sorry, I didn't saw your post before. I think it's alright, but I will read your pm and try to answer you asap. I'm not being able to access the internet as much as before though, so I have to take the few oportunities I can.

On 4/10/2020 at 6:49 PM, MrDowntempo said:

I'm trying to run this with gzdoom and wadsmoosh, my goal is to playthrough everything with this and a few minor aesthetic mods. Since only gzdoom can run the smooshed iwad, its the engine I'm going to have to use for this playthough. Mostly everything works fine, However, when I'm on Hell On Earth's MAP02 (underhalls) and try to goto the secret xbox level BETRAY.wad, it just skips to MAP03.

Don't worry, that probably happens due to the mapinfo, so it's kind of expected. I'm still thinking on a way to remove that lump, so people can have a better experience on Zandronum as well. For now you can try to remove it with Slade to see if the level works.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:16 PM, KG_Guy said:

Can someone guide me in getting this to work on Doomseeker? I have to do this co-op! It's amazing!

Thanks o/
I don't know very much about that, but I think you can just load the main file normally as a pwad.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:03 AM, DarkShotX45 said:

What about making a different version of D4V specifically made for ZDoom?

Like, no monster position switches for the monsters, allowing Map07 of other maps to work properly without fixes, the return of differently colored torches and Nazis and whatnot.26

Ohh, but that would be no fun...the whole point is be able to work with limits :-)
Also there are already too many versions. I had to make a stand-alone for BTSX due to the size of files (and some other issues) but I would get crazy with any other version to update.

Edited by Noiser

7 hours ago, Noiser said:

Ohh, but that would be no fun...the whole point is be able to work with limits :-)

Also there are already too many versions. I had to make a stand-alone for BTSX due to the file sizes (and some other particular issues) but I would get crazy with any other version to update.

Fair point, carry on. :D

I'd like to point out that the Crispy doom versions you have in your download are a bit outdated. Crispy Doom nowadays uses lovely, lovely widescreen support to boot.

(If you grab the daily builds of Chocolate Doom and Crispy of the same day they have compatible binaries so they can safely go in the same folder, to boot)

Edited by Grizzly

On 4/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, Noiser said:

Don't worry, that probably happens due to the mapinfo, so it's kind of expected. I'm still thinking on a way to remove that lump, so people can have a better experience on Zandronum as well. For now you can try to remove it with Slade to see if the level works.

Alright! I'll give that a go, I'm only just getting used to SLADE wad tweaks, but have used it to replace 2 maps with John Romero's new ones in my wadsmooshed iwad.

In the meantime I thought I'd give BTSX a try in my other favorite port, Doom Retro. I tried using a launcher, and using a modified .bat with your 3.1 edition. Episode 2 works fine in Doom Retro (or seems to) But I cannot get Ep1 to start.

2 hours ago, DarkShotX45 said:

Question

Is it possible to make standalone D4V gore?

Sure thing.

Technically vanilla compatible but you will have to go quite a lot of process to get it running on a vanilla port.

gore4v.zip

3 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Sure thing.

Technically vanilla compatible but you will have to go quite a lot of process to get it running on a vanilla port.

gore4v.zip

Thanks! I'm more of a PrBoom+ guy so its fine.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:54 PM, Noiser said:

Not sure what you mean by BD, but thanks a lot! :-)
As Pablo_Doom_Guy said, it's pretty easy to get the midi files - but since you can get it here

edit: someone uploaded them on youtube as well

Dear @Noiser,

I really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this project and I am very pleased to have your continued support, even in these exciting and tumultuous times.

Is there a detailed list of the soundtrack available? E.g. which artist created which song besides the original title?

Thanks to my research and the metadata stored in the MIDI files, I was able to gain some information; however, some are still missing:

| Filename     | Artist        | Title                                | Source |
| ------------ | ------------- | ------------------------------------ | ------ |
| D_ADRIAN.MID | Nabernizer    | Argent Facility                      | 1      |
| D_AMPIE.MID  | Jay Reichard  | At Doom's Gate (MAP09 Remix)         | 2      |
| D_BETWEE.MID | Nabernizer    | BFG Division                         | 1      |
| D_COUNT2.MID | John Weekley  | #NA                                  | 2      |
| D_COUNTD.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_DDTBL3.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_DEAD2.MID  | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_DEAD.MID   | Jay Reichard  | Shawn's got the Shotgun (E1M4 Remix) | 2      |
| D_DM2INT.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_DM2TTL.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_DOOM2.MID  | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_DOOM.MID   | John Weekley  | #NA                                  | 2      |
| D_EVIL.MID   | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_MESSAG.MID | Jay Reichard  | Deep into the Code (E1M1 Remix)      | 2      |
| D_MESSG2.MID | Jay Reichard  | Demons on the Prey (Redux)           | 2      |
| D_OPENIN.MID | #NA           | Trash; Melodic Death                 | 2      |
| D_READ_M.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_ROMER2.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_ROMERO.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_SHAWN2.MID | John Weekley  | #NA                                  | 2      |
| D_THEDA2.MID | #NA           | #NA                                  | #NA    |
| D_THEDA3.MID | James Paddock | Nine Feet Under                      | 2      |
| D_ULTIMA.MID | #NA           | Electric Bass                        | 2      |

Source

1. Data based upon research: doomworld.com/forum/topic/88875-doom-2016-midis.
  2. Data based upon metadata stored in the MIDI file.

Remarks

1. Duplicate MIDI files (1-to-1 copies) are not listed.
  2. #NA stands for "Information not available".
  3. I've updated my initial post with new informations instead of creating a new post.

May I kindly ask @Noiser, @Nabernizer, @Immorpher, @Viscra Maelstrom, @Frankibo, @PRIMEVAL and the Community for support to fill the missing gaps (see #NA)?

Stay healthy and well.

Thanks for your support and best regards

Edited by talond66 : update post with new informations instead of creating a new post.

I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I thought I'd ask.  Is it possible to add the centred weapons from D2016?  Just wondering.  

5 hours ago, Average said:

I'm sure this has probably been asked before

Yes, it's literally on the first page. No answers, but I think the problem here is mainly time and effort.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:22 AM, MrDowntempo said:

In the meantime I thought I'd give BTSX a try in my other favorite port, Doom Retro. I tried using a launcher, and using a modified .bat with your 3.1 edition. Episode 2 works fine in Doom Retro (or seems to) But I cannot get Ep1 to start.

Oh shit... Thanks for letting me know, that was really unexpected. I will release an update that will fix that issue on Doom Retro.

On 4/15/2020 at 11:55 AM, talond66 said:

Is there a detailed list of the soundtrack available? E.g. which artist created which song besides the original title?

That's amazing @talond66, thanks a lot for your list and for your kind words. That will helpful even for me as I always want to be sure I not missed anyone. I will try to make a better list when I have time, but right now that's what I remember by head: The Doom 2016 remixes are mostly made by Nabernizer, you can find his work here.

The most fast-paced\electronic remixes comes from Project Doomjockey by Viscra Maelstrom, you can find the songs here. Some other remixes are made by PRIMEVAL that are also used on Plutonia Revisited.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:33 AM, Grizzly said:

I'd like to point out that the Crispy doom versions you have in your download are a bit outdated. Crispy Doom nowadays uses lovely, lovely widescreen support to boot.

I want to update the Crispy Doom build, but the latest releases seems to have some issues with false-positives so I'm afraid to do it.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, Average said:

I'm sure this has probably been asked before but I thought I'd ask.  Is it possible to add the centred weapons from D2016?  Just wondering.  

I would like to do that, but I'm not sure if there is a complete set I can use yet.

Edited by Noiser

image.png.b0afe74feb88e339a2e1ae3340d676ec.png

Alright, now I think both episodes will work on Doom Retro as intended.
I recommend disabling translucency effects though. They can cause some visual issues on the weapon sprites. I will talk with @bradharding to see if it's possible to solve that.

BTSX EDITION: DOWNLOAD v3.2.1

REGULAR: DOWNLOAD v3.2.1
----------
MS-DOS BTSX EDITION: DOWNLOAD v3.2
MS-DOS EDITION: DOWNLOAD v3.2

GENERAL:

• - Added the G\ZDoom Weapon Setup to the main menu
  • - Improved a few enemy sprites
  • - Updated the Crispy Doom to the 5.8.0 version (v3.2.1)

BTSX EDTION:

• - Fixed E1 not working on Doom Retro
  • - Fixed some brightmap errors in software render
  • - Added a few missing brightmaps in hardware render
  • - Fixed the blinking lavafall in hardware render
  • - Improved the Plasma Rifle sprites
  • - Fixed some minor compatibility issues

image.png.5506ab6312298534910e8eaf5488452b.png

Edited by Noiser

Unziped it, and bitdefender found a Trojan.

The file F:\D4V_BTSX_v3.2\D4V_BTSX_v3.2\PORTS\crispy-doom.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.42851236 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

36 minutes ago, r2rangel said:

Unziped it, and bitdefender found a Trojan.

The file F:\D4V_BTSX_v3.2\D4V_BTSX_v3.2\PORTS\crispy-doom.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.42851236 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Alright, I'm changing back to the older version. I don't know why the newer releases of Crispy Doom have this problem :-(

EDIT: Done.

Edited by Noiser

1 hour ago, Noiser said:

Alright, I'm changing back to the older version. I don't know why the newer releases of Crispy Doom have this problem :-(

EDIT: Done.

I went ahead and posted under issues on the crispy-doom github fork. https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/crispy-doom, I'm pretty sure this is the one, since even the link to download the binary is being blocked by bitdefender.

:(