Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

2 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Custom sky is a must for me, even if the map only uses stock textures

I use a mixture of both stock and custom textures so I got more options for design. Also been looking for custom skies.

Seeing as the outside is looking nice and the adding of more lighting effects outside is coming along nicely, though it is taking a bit of time as I'm not that quick at mapping. I don't like to rush things, I like to get everything right. All I got to do afterwards is change the wall texture on the inside of the buildings so it doesn't look the same as the outside, then map 01 of my mod is fully complete. 😁 This map has taken me a while because I've been editing it, expanding it, changing things around, ect., but it will be worth it once it's done. 🙂

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Spent a couple hours trying to get the crusher work like I wanted, and finally did work but unfortunately this is the thing that finally broke my vanilla compatibility.

Those SUPPORT3 pillars acting like aerators. 

image.png.ddf61b1613babe0fda082834e920abe9.png

As soon as I can get the lights to appear in gameplay, it be sorted. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to show up during gameplay. 😔 Maybe I'll try a different method or another way of doing lights.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200416_052604.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

I made some more progress with my Omega Zero mod with the thanks of Jarewill from the ZDoom forums. You can now fully charge the Z-Saber to do a devastating close range blast. You also have better control of the Z-Saber slashes.

work in progress of my entry for E1M1 Multiverse, a doomified version of the Spencer Mansion from the original RE1.

r1hPlSw.jpg

nYhI72X.jpg

9 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

work in progress of my entry for E1M1 Multiverse, a doomified version of the Spencer Mansion from the original RE1.

r1hPlSw.jpg

nYhI72X.jpg

Looks amazing man! I made a version myself as a secret map in my wad project, this one looks far more intereting I have to say. Possibilty to play this?

@Casketkrusher Thanks dude! glad you liked it. I intend to have it finished by preferably before April 20. If you are interested in playtesting this wad i'll send you a PM.

What is your project called? is your version old school or does it use 3D floors and other advanced features? I try to keep mine closer to vanilla so it's far from an accurate representation.

20 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

@Casketkrusher Thanks dude! glad you liked it. I intend to have it finished by preferably before April 20. If you are interested in playtesting this wad i'll send you a PM.

What is your project called? is your version old school or does it use 3D floors and other advanced features? I try to keep mine closer to vanilla so it's far from an accurate representation.

Would love to playtest! I used 3d floors but I was pretty inexperienced with using it. I couldn't figure out how to make doors above doors for example the dining hall. It's really old map. I also used colored sectors to give it a dark atmopshere but it's far from detailed like yours. 

19 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

As soon as I can get the lights to appear in gameplay, it be sorted. Unfortunately, it doesn't want to show up during gameplay. 😔 Maybe I'll try a different method or another way of doing lights.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200416_052604.png

Update: after speaking to someone in a different forum on here, we discovered that my graphics card isn't powerful enough to run GL3 which is why these lights won't show up for me during gameplay because my computer is old. But at least I know that they are there and will show up when I get a more powerful computer (which won't be anytime soon given the current Covid-19 situation) so I'm just gonna carrying on building my maps as normal.

Ah cool, so we can post gameplay mods here! :D

Here's what I've been working on over the past couple of years, uploaded publicly here a little over a week ago. :D

This mod wound up becoming my very first adventure in utilizing ZScript. :D

Holy moly, that is a beautiful Strife map you got there. :D

Strife has some fairly beautiful, underutilized assets.  It would've been lovely to see more Doom maps using those assets...

1 hour ago, DoomKrakken said:

Holy moly, that is a beautiful Strife map you got there. :D

Strife has some fairly beautiful, underutilized assets.  It would've been lovely to see more Doom maps using those assets...

There's a few Terry wads that are made for Strife, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you like loud irritating noises and flashing lights. 

30 minutes ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

There's a few Terry wads that are made for Strife, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you like loud irritating noises and flashing lights. 

Who would recommend Terrywads to normal players anyway? :p

1 hour ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Evil people, that's who.

Started mapping out a map filled with more traps than usual. Here's the first room - you don't have weapons yet to take on the mancubi but if you try to escape the room by flipping the switch, cacodemons will be released and then teleport right across the gap and in your face.

dickery.png

My progress so far with Jazz Jackrabbit Doom

I still need to redesign MAP02, MAP05, MAP11. I know I completed Map05 and Map11 recently, but I feel they can be better when it comes to level design. I'm not satisfied with them to be honest.

MAP03: Electric Boogaloo (COMPLETED)

O4fWfvp.png

MAP20: Final Battle (COMPLETED)

Hg5rmxm.png

MAP08: Water Depths (COMPLETED)

bXPd0VG.png

MAP06: Letni Facility (COMPLETED)

jSPqSWM.png

MAP15: Temple of Marbelara (COMPLETED)

dV1r7hN.png

MAP18: Mt. Nippius (COMPLETED)

BpbCerW.png

MAP17: Path to Exoticus (WIP)

LZx8a4G.png

On 4/17/2020 at 11:16 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I don't recommend them at all. The people who create them are an embarrassment to the Doom Community. 

The lights aren't that bright and not spread out that far in gameplay. But the map is really looking spectacular now. 

Screenshot_2.png