Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

CC 

BY @Clippy

Download Here

This mapper does some video recording as well, so its a pleasure to play his map by request. For what i have noticed this was done for a speedmapping project here in DW. I enjoyed the map trully. Its small, is simple and it is effective. The main thing here is to have fun, and for me, that was achieved. 

Thanks for the request! More comments in the video.

(STARTS AT 4:40)

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

HOME MADE HELL

BY @FishingHoek

Download Here

This is probably a first release where some mistakes were done, but its normal to happen. We have 8 maps (and i believe there is 9 but i did not went there) where we start smooth..not big number of monsters and small maps. I have noticed that all this maps were envolved in a same padron ( open door, wide sector with monsters). It is fine for the first and second map...but aftwards we know what its going to happen...same process. This is combined with thin hallways a little much good monster placement. The mapper (in my opinion) should study more types of maps and their design, monster placement and their behavior...about balance of health and ammo it was fine...and textures being for a first release, its normal to have some issues. Still, congratulation for this, and this..is not bad. Simply there must be more thigs in a room besides...monsters. Nothing that with practice should solve. More comments in the video.

Thanks alot for the request and hope to see more in the future. 

(STARTS AT 25:06)

=====//=====

THE ARENA MAP (Updated 6 maps)

BY @TheStupidestBeing

Download Here

The mapper was on stream and had an update for his WAD. I understand that when we start mapping we want to do something very diferent, challenging...but sometimes making something that big does not work right away if we dont know the basic fundamentals to make some maps. I would advise to do 

1 or 2 maps for starting, with a start/middle and end. Making a map for players have fun and not being trolled is not a good direction as well. So the mapper knows already my opinion, and i think there could me some potencial (like that map06 keys thing) and now its time to work on something if he wants. There must be a notion, that in 2 or 3 days, you cant do a propper set of maps if you are starting mapping just right now. I would like to say that im working to be a decent mapper...a decent one...and that is taking me more than 1 year...so the process can be slow for ones and faster for others...but its still a process.

Thanks for the request and put your hands on work.

(STARTS AT 1:41:11)

=====//=====

VAULT OF THE DEAD

BY @MAN_WITH_GUN

Post Forum

I have finally finished a map from MAN_WITH_GUN (hurray) and this was speedmap 4 hours i believe. I took this map and had the oportunity to say some things that are important for new recent mappers that were in stream. Good examples to follow..in only 4 hours. I enjoyed the map, being quite simple, good details in various aspects and having some fun with those two archvilles at the end of the map.

Thank you for the request!

(STARTS AT 1:55:37)

=====//=====

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

VAULT OF THE DEAD

BY @MAN_WITH_GUN

Post Forum

I have finally finished a map from MAN_WITH_GUN (hurray) and this was speedmap 4 hours i believe. I took this map and had the oportunity to say some things that are important for new recent mappers that were in stream. Good examples to follow..in only 4 hours. I enjoyed the map, being quite simple, good details in various aspects and having some fun with those two archvilles at the end of the map.

=====//=====

I'm glad you finally completed a Man_With_A_Gun map, i also played that map myself and i have to say, it's one of the best maps i ever played.

I hope Man_With_A_Gun keeps making these maps!

1 hour ago, Austinado said:

VAULT OF THE DEAD

BY @MAN_WITH_GUN

Post Forum

=====//=====

Good to see you like that one and thanks for a great feedback, it's will be new speedmapping soon, so i'll try my best.

As always, cheers 🍻

DEMONIC LIBRARY

BY @TheStupidestBeing

Download Here

We have another map request from this mapper done in one hour. Sure is just small map, but we can see some improvement in starting something with a beggining middle and end. There is use of some teleports, lifs..and some monsters. Nothing more to say besides that...is a "raw" kind of WAD where i already gave indications to be done for better improvment.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 3:32

=====//=====

THE ELEVENTH HOUR

BY @Lodestar

Post Forum

Its a first release and congratulations for that. Its a first release and a looooong one. There was the ambition to do something big (it sure was) but alot of mistakes were made (and its normal) all over the map. The using of crouch is an interesting feature to use in this map (information given by the mapper) but sure was a long playthrough..

Final Remarks

- Map is too long;

- There is about nearly 600 monsters...but hell...there coul be about 1000;

- I said 1000 because there is alot of empty sectors (rooms)with 3 or 4 monsters...

- There is a need to study of monster placement;

- There is a need to study balance o ammo/Health;

- There is a need to study map design (some sectors with the ceiling too high!);

- There is a will there is a way...practice;

- Quite an ambitious map here, congratulations for that...but maybe is better to start with a smaller map;

- The "Hub"felt like a slaughter area...but it was not efective when monsters came around.

- I would advise to play doom WADs...se others work...they can be good example of that.

- More comments in the video.

- Thank you very much for the request, and hope to see more in the future!

STARTS AT 14:00

=====//=====

AVOID

BY @bolon667

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

This for sure was quite a surprise and a damn good one. I had the mapper with me on stream, and it was a pleasure to play this WAD. Its original, it smells arcade, its diferent and the mini-games are challenging, makes us laugh and most of all, you have a great time of fun. I gave (and the participants on stream gave) some ideas that might improve the WAD, but two things i am certain, (1st) we have a great job here, (2nd)i would play this just for the fun i had any time of the day and year! Hope to see more...did much enjoyed this!

Thanks for the request !

STARTS AT 2:04:38

=====//=====

Hey @Austinado Just finished my latest map. (well in fact i finished it like one month ago, just updated it with a new sky texture, yeah taking a month for just this is lazy as fuck hahaha). I would like you to play it since is my first release since my ''hiatus'' (although the map was started arround 2015). If possible i would like you to play it on  saturday so i can be in stream with you haha and see your reactions live :P  https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9stl0dzt8n1ije/uaclast.zip?dl=0   The map is the longest i've ever made :O  so it will take a bit to complete haha

Testing on living humans was crucial to the development of these maps, so it would be great to see someone play the finished product as well. Thanks in advance.

Hey @Austinado Give this map a try.

I made it for the speed mapping event posted last Friday.
The rules were loose, make a map in 3 days, ( Fri-Sunday)

The theme of the speed map session was "Fake Exit"

I put about 18 hrs into this. Note there is only one difficulty at this time, I hope you enjoy.

Link to map in speedmap forum post https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2117394

Edited by Steve88

COOL SKIES

BY @Khodoque

Post Forum

Yeah, Cool Skies is certainly a cool WAD. I enjoyed this pretty solid WAD, with nice visuals and nice gameplay as well. We have Red and Blue on the first maps that actually works quite well for me, giving the right feeling of the area surrounding us. The maps have good progression and only in one map i had a little more dificulty because of an hidden switch. Overall, i enjoyed this pretty much! Thanks for the request and keep up the good work!

STARTS AT 5:05

=====//=====

VALLEY OF THE DAMNED

BY @Steve88

Post Forum

This is from a project of speedmapping, and it was quite fun!

For a map done in 3 days, i can say this is good! If you think you can sit your butt and shoot monsters with relaxation, think teice. You have to freakin move, and get those skull keys! Large area map, but you sure dont feel emptyness with everybody wanting too kill you all the time...a clever ending with frags on the Cybers and we laughed about that fake exit. Pretty pretty nice...enjoyable, fluid, challenging...what else you need?

Thanks alot for the request!

STARTS AT 2:01:59

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

Hi! I really liked that you have seen me start as a mapper, and seeing the flaws of the arena, tried to help me.

From your advice, i made Demonic Library, trying to make a more "doom-ey" wad.

Now, i made probably what you were waiting for, a wad with some custom scripts, variety, and 2 endings.

I really hope you enjoy it ;)

The Apartements.zip

Hey Austinado, as I mentioned to you on Discord, can you please playtest my latest map? It's called Chain Reaction, a barrels themed map that runs in map 01 of Doom II, all of the details are in this thread. If possible, can you play this on the weekend so I can join you in stream? I'm on US Eastern Time so five hours before you I believe.

Thanks for playing, dude! I've no idea how you got stuck on that elevator, I'll investigate that (there's actually two elevators with silent teleport in there, they probably got desynced somehow).

Spoiler

Whoops, I planned to post this yesterday, but I accidentally posted it in my own thread.

REFRACTED REALITY

BY @CyanoBlugron

@Decay

@leodoom85

@Pooh

@UltraViolenceX

@Xyzzy01

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

So i did not had this request to do, but i have seen this in DW a few time ago...and "Curiosity killed the Cat!"

Recipe to make a great WAD:

- Gather a good team for project;

- Gather criativity and talent;

- Give some images to give hunger;

- Mix everything and put on the oven for about 1 year and 10 months...let it cook...slowly.

- Serve to Rip and Tear and dont forget to have fun!

Basically that´s it! I had alot of fun playing this WAD, with astonishing visuals and challenging gameplay, you will find yourself playing one map and already in expectation for what will come next. It gives you to think, 1 year and 10 months for all of this...i believe it was quite fast "baking" all of this.

I loved all the maps, each them showing the name of the map, intensity of the map (mild/intense/overwhelming/Legendary) and the map creator´s name.

I loved all the maps, but the favorites of mine were AMBIENTIUM, PARADIGMA, DUPLEXITY and NEXUS...and RAVAGE (quite challenging for me...but adorable) being the map i had more difficulty. The final boss is managable...but is quite the adversary to the end of the project. I have played in UV and i am glad i did, its my skill and had most fun with it.

I think we have a serious candidate for CACOWARDS 2020, and you, my fellow doomer, if you have any doubt...well...i challenge you to play it and afterwards you give your opinion. I already did my vote for this project...and only had played 4 maps.

I would like to congratulate all the people that were in this project (Really nice Job !) ...and for the new mappers (me included) this is an example of good work and team effort to follow. Dont think that you will never reach this kind of level...the thinking must be, I will get this level one day! 

=====//=====