Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve88

"Friday Speed Mapping" V1.0 Available TODAY :)

Hello All

Friday Speed Mapping Now Combined for your consumption. =D

Zip contains Wad and Text w/ all the important infos

FridaySpeedmapsV1.0.zip

Maplist:

Map01 - "Tsu-Ba-Sa" by: Walter Confetti
Map02 - "Cursed Corridors" by: Clippy - DM Ready
Map03 - "Another Map With Crates From Phil by: Philnemba
Map04 - "Baal's Botique of Bowels" by: Violent Beetle
Map05 - "Tribulation" by: Obsidian - DM Ready
Map06 - "Valley of the Damned" by: Steve88

If you find any errors or issues please let me know :)

It was a lot of fun mapping for this special thanks to everyone who participated!

Info below left for Reference

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I am sitting here bored with a yearning to map, but who wants to map alone, its more fun with friends right?

Therefore I have decided to start a short term speed mapping project.

Starting today, through Sunday 5pm EDT map to your hearts content.

Rules:

Format: Doom 2, but any source port is allowed, vanilla to Gzdoom (UDMF is oK too)
New Skys and Music is Encouraged, But keep it to Midi formats
New Textures: We will be using patchtex, no others besides the new skys

Theme: Whatever is tickling your fancy

Additional requirements

-Maps must contain at a minimum Co-op Starts (though the map doesn't need to be balanced for co-op)

-Maps must contain at least (1) Fake exit for the lolz

Optional: Death match starts, so we can blast each other to pieces

Post Progress Screen Shots if You please :) I enjoy seeing progress

Submission format:

Map Title: XXXXXX
Author: XXXXXX

New Music: XXXXX
Multiplayer Support: XXXXX

Source port Recommended

Finally, I am not the foremost expert when it comes to compiling wads, if anyone wants to volunteer to assist with this i would be indebted to you.

Last words, this is an event to enjoy yourself, so if you aren't having fun, that sucks, and i hope you find something you can enjoy.

Textures Attached Below

PATCHED2.zip

Edited by Steve88

Is the WAD attached texturtes you want used? I'm interested in making something since my own project is stalling.

Are you planning on compiling a proper WAD out of it?

The attached is the texture file to be used, and yes one way or another it will be compiled together.
I am not certain how many maps there will be, hoping enough for roughly and episode but more is fine too.

Hell if you crank out 2 speed maps in the time frame I'll include it XD

I'd like to take a shot at it.

Maps did have some time limit (like build maps in 2/3 hours)? Or the time limit is to finish them at Sunday?

Have a testable map ready by 5:00 EDT Time Sunday, you can do as much mapping in that time frame as you like.

Thank you so much for making this thread

I have been wanting to map again and you motivated me.

I threw this together tonight - no plan - just a short vanilla ish map which isn't visually stunning, but I hope is worth a quick gander

Tested in Zdoom and should work on all difficulty / multiplayer / deathmatch etc

Get it here -- http://www.levelgame.net/doom/CC.wad

Map Title: Cursed Corridors
Author: Clippy Clippington

New Music: Rise of Triad music
Multiplayer Support: yup

It's a small painful map that's a little wacky - have fun

image.png.d053eb3ae8a341de3c534386572f1bd0.png

Edited by Clippy

Whipped this up over the space of a sleepy Saturday, hope you like it.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200418_234849.png

Map name: Tribulation

Format: Limit removing

Music: Something from Heretic, don't remember what

Sky: Plutonia E2

Difficulty settings: Nah

Ok here's a thing from me technically made on a Saturday morning :P 

Spoiler

Screenshot_471.png.b649c70843a50e55b693c1b680854dab.png

Map Title: Another map filled with Crates from Phil
Author: Philnemba

New Music: Doom E2M2
Multiplayer Support: Yes

Source port: tested on Chocolate Doom and Prboom+

FridaySMPhil.zip

@Clippy

Did a video play through of your map. Sorry the music is a bit loud, its the first recording I've done for doom.

Fun map :) Gameplay starts at 0:32

@Obsidian

Did a video play through of your map, the first couple seconds of game play got cut out but its mostly there. Really enjoyed the map, looks great and the fake exit is great haha.

I never used patched textures before. Should I load both DOOM2.WAD and PATCHED2.WAD into builder or only one?

Also, it looks kinda weird, are some textures supposed to look like several pieces mashed together? SW1TEC looks particularly extreme.

@ViolentBeetle
yes, its just additional resources, when everything is compiled we'll smashed all the levels and textures into one file.

Patchtex is made with vanilla patches, so its it blends really well with the vanilla textures, I particularly like the additional redbrick textures.

this is cool, i'd like to make a map but i'm currently busy with making my half-life map, maybe when i find some time then i'll make a map for this.

Yes, thats the goal have a testable map. After that you can make some updates up until the wad starts getting compiled, but only to make corrections graphical and balance wise. Not add additional content. I'm going to be a "Little" flexible so don't worry too much.

@cambreaKer

No worries, try to shoot for deadline time if possible, if you get something out a day after that though we can still include it.

Does fake exit has to be particularly convincing? I kinda got an idea for it but nobody would fall for it. But the real exit switch would look like another exit switch.

@ViolentBeetle
Haha the rules are pretty loose on that be as creative as you feel, maybe it would be funny if it was way way obvious its not the exit. I'm Sure whatever you do will be fine. 

@Obsidian

Don't sweat it. It is before the deadline and besides I was going to let anyone who wanted after the deadline to make any fixes, do any additional detailing and balancing for the next 4-5 days or so until I can get to compiling the set.

Personally I might botch the deadline a bit myself. I went a little overboard with my map but it's 2/3 of the way done so I don't want to abandon it.

So if anyone is struggling to hit today's deadline don't worry just keep working. 

Also I realize some there is a lot of variance in the time people are spending on their maps. 

That being said if everyone wants to report their build time I want group the maps by build time so their is some consistency through the set.

I have managed to stop procrastinated and spent several hours making a map. So, true speedmapping in a sense.

I present you: Baal's Boutique of Bowels, or B3 for short.

I'm not entirely sure if I can use regular textures, used them where I needed them. Still used a lot of patched textures. It has whopping two fake exits. Not sure where to get a good sky, so didn't use it. New sound is bundled into WAD as D_RUNNIN. I didn't really have time to test it rigorously for balance, I know for a fact that switches all work on Crispy Doom and on GZ Doom.

Baals boutique.png

B3_dw.rar

Edited by ViolentBeetle : Re-upload because I forgot to make one of the walls scroll.

@ViolentBeetle

No worries homes, vanilla textures are fine as well. I'll do a video of your map once i have mine finished  and if there are any problems you will have some time to correct them.

There's something weird with the textures inside the lift in GZ Doom, let's see if you encounter it or was it a weird fluke. Otherwise, it's mostly balancing issues.