Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Update on the latest changes. As you can see, the lighting effect is coming on (don't worry, it's not that spread out or that bright in gameplay) and as you can also see I've changed the interior walls to a tech green so it's not the same as the exterior walls and gives the map a bit more colour too. 

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_9.png

On 4/19/2020 at 9:21 AM, DoomKrakken said:

I wanna play all of these right now, not gonna lie. :D

I could put my first map into a separate wad file of it's own for anyone to try out (seeing as the screenshots of my first map have attracted some good attention from everyone so far) along with any extras I've used in the map (new enemies, new items, new weapons, ect.) That's if anyone is interested trying it out that is. 

Back in the early 2000s I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike (the first one), and my favourite map to play on was a so-called "fun map" called fy_pool_day.
It's a pretty basic but really fun small level centered around a pool theme.

While searching around online, I found a program that can extract textures from BSP files, so I can finally make a fy_pool_day remake in GZDoom. :D

This is just quick test map I threw together in less than 10 minutes though, since my main priority is finishing Parallel Doomensions.

Screenshot_Doom_20200421_231848.png

14 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

I could put my first map into a separate wad file of it's own for anyone to try out (seeing as the screenshots of my first map have attracted some good attention from everyone so far) along with any extras I've used in the map (new enemies, new items, new weapons, ect.) That's if anyone is interested trying it out that is. 

PLEASE DO, and send me a link while you're at it! :D

@DoomKrakken I can't just send it to one person and deny everyone else the chance to try it out lol. So if I leave it here, anyone can play it. 🙂

Here's my first map if anyone is interested in giving it a try. Feedback appreciated. Be nice to see some video of you playing it too. Enjoy! 😎

Requirements;

GZDoom

Doom II iwad

*Readme.txt is in the wad, but you will need Slade 3 to read it.

MODDEMO.zip

Edited by Mad Dal 85 : Edit: I forgot to put the GLDEFS in for the lights, and one texture. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Both are added now.

More of my fy_pool_day remake / map port.

And yes, I actually went through the trouble of making a custom player entity that has approx. the same height as a HL1 / CS player, and I've also adjusted the jump height to more accurately match that of HL1 / CS.

Screenshot_Doom_20200422_134651.png

Started building a map with a lot of teleporters on elevated platforms. Making them not look like garbage is harder than I thought.

Screenshot_Doom_20200422_183505.png

Very tasteful interior decoration and "Doom cute" sector furniture there. Even the steak looks pretty good!

Working on boom format episode (and trying to make it vanilla-compatible) which will based on first episode of doom but reversed (yeah i know that we go to Deimos not hell after first episode). Right now only 1 map is ready but need some polishing.

Spoiler

Map1.1.png.ea77a4057059b3faab4aec2ec08ad19e.pngMap1.2.png.ad24c6430f868fefa97aca0235d055ea.pngMap1.3.png.28e1d6724c21340e07a736f4fa4f304e.pngMap1.4.png.2f7deb364106b0d836100e798815ec90.png

7 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

@phoo I like that chess set on the table. That looks so cool. 

Thanks! It's too bad that all the pieces are rectangular haha

11 minutes ago, phoo said:

You could try making the board a little bit bigger and see how it goes :P

13 hours ago, phoo said:

The kitchen area of a home  (yes, the toaster works)

Great. It's a small thing but the inaccuracies in scale (like salt and pepper being huge) make that even more charming. 

1 hour ago, phoo said:

True, but I like how you done the sizes of the pieces. Pawns being the smallest, king and queen being the tallest with the rest in between.

I think I finished detailing map09 "the giggle caverns" for htc3 although I'll probably add more once I create more resources. Now I just need to work on gameplay and bugs.

Screenshot_Doom_20200423_103050.png.a466048cf3c535e6e2f817ec52f6f3be.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200423_103126.png.74e6e2ffb0ece9c2df6e766dff9faa28.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200423_103300.png.644df562ed12042e2ba7c9f942cdadca.png