Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

18 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I just checked my photo library and have nothing I could use as a source. I could try making one in the future if I wander past some farmhouses soon?

I can sculpt a farmhouse myself, and I'm also sure I can find a fitting sky for my upcoming small project as well.

Edited by NiTROACTiVE

Oh, people will find a use for it, don't worry. Looking very, very cool! Nice textures.

12 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Those are some fine skies, I've been looking for something mountainous that would fit the theme of my maps. Is it Ok if I borrow them some time in the future? Especially grey one.

Yep, Feel free to use them.

@Breezeep recently posted a photo on Discord, I then converted a portion of it into a horizontally tiling sky and made a handful of colour variations. Please credit Breezeep if you use this sky, crediting me is optional but preferred. :)

DFBRSKY1.gif

DFBRSKY2.gif

DFBRSKY3.gif

DFBRSKY4.gif

DFBRSKY5.gif

DFBRSKY6.gif

Also, added bonus, here's a sky I made which is seamless in all 4 directions, which was put to use in my MAYhem 2020 map, feel free to use:

dflysky1.gif

No, you need 1024 width to avoid repeats, and those skies are 512. So they'll have two suns.

5 hours ago, Chainie said:

Yep, Feel free to use them.

Thanks. Though when I actually tried to use them, I discovered that the colour scheme doesn't quite mesh with my levels. Is there any chance you have mountains on transparent background? The mountains are great, but I'd like to experiment with my own sky art above them.

Aye, 512, I didn't think about that at the time. That said, go wild, a foreign planet with 2 identical suns, could be pretty rad!

2 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Thanks. Though when I actually tried to use them, I discovered that the colour scheme doesn't quite mesh with my levels. Is there any chance you have mountains on transparent background? The mountains are great, but I'd like to experiment with my own sky art above them.

Sure. Here it is.

MountsB.png

MountsC.png

Made a sandstoney brick texture nearly from scratch this evening. Somewhat inspired by the tan half (bricks? metal?) of the Doom logo.

SandstoneBrick.png

EDIT: Damn, it looks much better with Jimmy's brick pattern instead!

Untitled.png.ea64d5de4e841df08c456015abc6ea7f.png

Edited by Gifty

8 hours ago, Chainie said:

Sure. Here it is.

MountsB.png

MountsC.png

After a struggle (Mostly with my own inattentiveness) I was able to properly impose an image of Aurora Borealis on top of the mountain for nice, colourful, but not hellish sky.

Mountrora3.png

9 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

After a struggle (Mostly with my own inattentiveness) I was able to properly impose an image of Aurora Borealis on top of the mountain for nice, colourful, but not hellish sky.

Mountrora3.png

Might just be a personal preference, but I'd darken the mountains a bit if you're going to use a night sky.  

19 minutes ago, DooMAD said:

Might just be a personal preference, but I'd darken the mountains a bit if you're going to use a night sky.  

That would make sense. I think the second type of mountain posted above would do good, but I'll need to experiment. There's also an issue of plain black strip that I created to tile, you might not see it in this resolution, but the stars are missing in the north.

Almost forgot about this nifty one with the broken light I'm unusually proud of lol

D2_WALL7(1).png.1e71bd5106f403c492ecd1793d2e90d2.pngD2_WALL7.png.8a67be47fd3f793f979201fc2badea17.png