Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jawohlf

What are some good Monsters-only Mods/Randomizers?

So I want to try a few Weapon Mods in a few mapsets, but I don't want to play with vanilla or slightly altered vanilla monsters. What would you guys recommend me to try?

Hmm..."Embers of Armageddon", while awesome, seems to be a gameplay+weapons mod with no "Monsters-only" option. A similar thing happens with "Pandemonia".

Both of them do look great, so I'll add them to my Mod List. "Guncaster" I already have. :)

Still, looking through those threads, I rediscovered DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer. And Rampancy seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

So, thanks for the suggestions thus far. :)

Oh, it seems I misunderstood your post. I thought you were looking for weapon mods that also changed the monsters. If you're looking for just monsters here's some more.

VDP

CH

Champions

LDL

Bryan T: well, I did not phrase it right so my bad. I changed the title to be a bit more precise. And thanks for those recs, I'll be sure to check them out.

haruko haruhara: anything that comes out of this community is worth checking out, and I like surprises, so thanks :)

TheStupidestBeing: ah yes. Reelism is really good. Did you know that Kinsie is working on the sequel?

My favorite enemy randomizer is VDP. I have a list here, wait a second...

AI Director

It makes enemies spawn randomly, you can customize the waves, what % of total enemies of the map spawn, etc. It can be used to play slaughter maps with less enemies

Random Enemy Spawner

Simple enemy spawner, not a lot of options, questionable balance. It has an option to add instead of replace enemies.

Vanilla Doom Plus - monster randomizer

Enemy randomizer, more than 200 new monsters, configurable

Scalliano's SUPER Shuffle!

No options, it includes several new weapon sets too but they are pretty mediocre (but at least they are not obligatory)

Dark Doom Creatures

Dark version of enemies, more difficult.

The Western Patch

Western-themed enemies.

Bratwurst

Wolf3d-themed enemies.

Merciless Monsters

Fantasy-themed enemies.

4 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

SEQUEL!? Where did you find that?!

Originally, on he stated it on Twitter. It was suspiciously close to April's Fools Day, but he followed that up with a good number of tweets and has a ZDoom thread for it:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=68021

So it probably is going to happen.

3 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

My favorite enemy randomizer is VDP. I have a list here, wait a second...

AI Director

It makes enemies spawn randomly, you can customize the waves, what % of total enemies of the map spawn, etc. It can be used to play slaughter maps with less enemies

Random Enemy Spawner

Simple enemy spawner, not a lot of options, questionable balance. It has an option to add instead of replace enemies.

Vanilla Doom Plus - monster randomizer

Enemy randomizer, more than 200 new monsters, configurable

Scalliano's SUPER Shuffle!

No options, it includes several new weapon sets too but they are pretty mediocre (but at least they are not obligatory)

Dark Doom Creatures

Dark version of enemies, more difficult.

The Western Patch

Western-themed enemies.

Bratwurst

Wolf3d-themed enemies.

Merciless Monsters

Fantasy-themed enemies.

Damn, this is exhaustive! Thank you so much, Turin Turambar! :)

-You ask a question.

-members give suggestions.

-You change the title of the question and say some of the suggestions are not what you were looking for.

O_o  --- mind blown.