Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

Inventory Items?

Question

How do you turn, say like, a stimpack into an inventory item so you can carry it around with you and use it when you need health instead of running around looking for health? Would like to have some inventory items to use if/when need be. 

6 answers to this question

I'm having trouble with some Inventory Items that I downloaded from Realm667. If anyone can help me get them working properly, it'd be much appreciated. I tried looking online for help but I ain't got a clue what to look for. I would rather have someone (preferably someone who knows what they doing as they've done it before) to tell me how to get these things working properly.

Thanks 👍

You could make it inherit from "custominventory" then add the +INVBAR flag. All you need to do then is set how many the player can carry of them and make it give health on use

6 hours ago, Grey_Wolf said:

You could make it inherit from "custominventory" then add the +INVBAR flag. All you need to do then is set how many the player can carry of them and make it give health on use

I've done that, but the item never appears in the inventory or it still gets used straight away, even though I have removed the 'alwaysactivate' flag in the decorate. Some things I've downloaded claim to be inventory but they get used straight away, a few don't show up on the inventory bar, and a few don't show up in gameplay. One item doesn't work as it should, and another doesn't work like I hoped it would. 😔 It's for GZDoom by the way. 

Edited by Mad Dal 85

5 hours ago, Grey_Wolf said:

Can I see the actor's definition in decorate?

I've worked how to turn Powerups into an Inventory Item, but now I'm having trouble making the icon of the item appear in the inventory bar. Here's a video as proof and a screenshot of the decorate of the inventory item.

Screenshot_1.png