Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

heh, these two secrets are optional IMO.

But I'm working on including the last one in my next run :)

Episode 1 NMS in 11:56

1156ns01.zip

@Alaux That's a custom wad, not Doom II. I think those 2 demos should be posted in the Miscellaneous Demos thread, and not here.

11 minutes ago, Coincident said:

@Alaux That's a custom wad, not Doom II. I think those 2 demos should be posted in the Miscellaneous Demos thread, and not here.

I got word that I should post them here, and I had already posted Map02s demos (from the same wad) here before without any warnings, not to mention that doom2bfg.wad is actually called doom2.wad internally in D3BFG, so just as far as I know this is their place.

4 hours ago, Alaux said:

I got word that I should post them here, and I had already posted Map02s demos (from the same wad) here before without any warnings, not to mention that doom2bfg.wad is actually called doom2.wad internally in D3BFG, so just as far as I know this is their place.

Ok, sorry - I must have been mistaken.

I honestly never heard about doom2bfg.wad. Historically what exactly does it have to do with the original doom2 iwad? Where does it come from?

It's the Doom 2 IWAD in BFG Edition. It has demo-breaking alterations such as replacing nazis with zombies in secret levels and including a couple of secret levels made by this version's authors a long time ago (nothing noteworthy, just some 90s stuff).

Edited by Da Werecat

That sounds like it belongs in misc then. Having demos that don't play back in doom2.wad mixed in to a thread specifically for doom2 is a bit unexpected 😄

7 hours ago, kraflab said:

That sounds like it belongs in misc then. Having demos that don't play back in doom2.wad mixed in to a thread specifically for doom2 is a bit unexpected 😄

If that's the case, the next ones will go to Misc demos. Thanks for finally clearing this out.

Edited by Alaux

@NightTerror, sorry, but you accidentally recorded MAP15 on HMP. Still, an impressive run. There are only 16 more monsters on skill 4, so a similar time on UV shouldn't be too hard.

You are right, I had default skill to HMP for some reason. Sorry for everyone reading it, that was a mistake on my part. I guess that explains everything lol