Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

If There Was A Doom Hall Of Fame, What Would Be Your First Inductees?

Lets leave the people from id out of here and focus on community members. The likes of Romero, McGee and Peterson could have their own section in this hipothetical HOF. Anyways, my list would be something like this, in no particular order:

-Team TNT;

-Casali brothers;

-Innocent Crew;

-Iikka Keranen;

-Anthony Czerwonka;

-Adam Windsor;

-Mark Klem;

-Tom Mustaine;

-Erik Alm.

EDIT: Hmm, I posted this on Everything Else, but I wonder if Doom General would be a more appropriate place...

Edited by DSC

If we exclude the developers and only focus on community members, then:

On Mapping front:

- Casali bros

- Erik Alm

- Paul "Skillsaw" Debrune

- BTSX crew lead by Esselfortium and Xaser (for setting a new standard for vanilla mapping)

- Ola "Ukiro" Björling

- James Paddock

- Ty Halderman (R.I.P. teamTNT leader)

- Tom Mustaine

- Iikka Keranen

- Mackey McCandlish

- Kim André Malde (R.I.P)

On coding front:

- Randy/Marisa Heit

- Samuel "Kaiser" Villarreal (the savior of Doom 64)

- Andrew J. Apted

39 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

If we exclude the developers and only focus on community members, then:

On Mapping front:

- Casali bros

- Erik Alm

- Paul "Skillsaw" Debrune

- BTSX crew lead by Esselfortium and Xaser (for setting a new standard for vanilla mapping)

- Ola "Ukiro" Björling

- James Paddock

- Ty Halderman (R.I.P. teamTNT leader)

- Tom Mustaine

- Iikka Keranen

- Mackey McCandlish

- Kim André Malde (R.I.P)

On coding front:

- Randy/Marisa Heit

- Samuel "Kaiser" Villarreal (the savior of Doom 64)

- Andrew J. Apted

Good list. There are many recent mappers in there, that I certainly would've included if not for the fact that I focused on the classic age of Doom mapping.

I wouldn't include TeamTNT, they make you pay for a mod for a game you already paid for.

In my opinion, they only care for money, specially when they advertise Final Doom hours before relase as free

8 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

I wouldn't include TeamTNT, they make you pay for a mod for a game you already paid for.

In my opinion, they only care for money, specially when they advertise Final Doom hours before relase as free

They also made 4 other singleplayer WADs, 5 DM WADs and the BOOM source port. All for free.........

14 minutes ago, Sankhatayan said:

They also made 4 other singleplayer WADs, 5 DM WADs and the BOOM source port. All for free.........

Well, that's good, but still, i don't sympathise with those guys, i didn't play their wads, the only thing i use from them is boom, but we're talking about doom mods, so... 

2 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Do people seriously still care about this? Besides, was it really their decision?

2 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Well, that's good, but still, i don't sympathise with those guys, i didn't play their wads, the only thing i use from them is boom, but we're talking about doom mods, so... 

Just now, TheStupidestBeing said:

It was their decision, they put the price

Can we not do this please? Regardless of your dislike for them, Team TNT made invaluable contributions to the Doom community. One political misstep does not cancel out the good that was done with the Boom sourceport. This thread is for celebrating any noteworthy members of the community for their accomplishments, do not derail it because of your petty grudges.

Speaking of inductees (I don't know their actual names so I'm not sure whether or not they've already been mentioned), I'd definitely include:

• fraggle for his creation of Chocolate Doom and fragglescript.
  • Linguicia for starting this forum in the first place and his aid in getting the Doom sourcecode released.
  • Jimmy for being an all around cool dude.
  • Anyone who has organized a large number of community projects.

3 hours ago, Sankhatayan said:

They also stepped in to save Eternal Doom from the brink of total collapse. Also for free.

9 hours ago, DSC said:

Lets leave the people from id out of here and focus on community members. The likes of Romero, McGee and Peterson could have their own section in this hipothetical HOF. Anyways, my list would be something like this, in no particular order:

-Team TNT;

-Casali brothers;

-Innocent Crew;

-Iikka Keranen;

-Anthony Czerwonka;

-Adam Windsor;

-Mark Klem;

-Bob Mustaine;

-Erik Alm.

EDIT: Hmm, I posted this on Everything Else, but I wonder if Doom General would be a more appropriate place...

If there were a Doom Hall of Fame, would there be an actual building for it? 

Andrew "Linguica" Stine

Mike "Cyb" Watson

Ty Halderman

Team TNT

SGT Mark IV

me

HegeCactus (LaTailorGirl is bae)

All the moderators of DooMworld forums (I love this forum. <3)

SGT Mark IV (Brutal DooM is bloody, gory and a lotta fun :3)

The guys who made Eviternity (I don't know their names but gosh dangit they need their names here even if Eviternity isn't the best wad ever)

17 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

The guys who made Eviternity (I don't know their names but gosh dangit they need their names here even if Eviternity isn't the best wad ever)

Most of the maps were made by Dragonfly, with some more contributions by Jimmy, ukiro, Xaser and I believe skillsaw too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Afterglow, an_mutt, antares031, AtroNx, StormCatcher.77, Mechadon and Eris Falling.

Edited by DSC

On 4/23/2020 at 8:45 PM, Master O said:

If there were a Doom Hall of Fame, would there be an actual building for it? 

That could be an epic fun exercise in benevolent ego-building and recognition for many jobs well done, in the form of a map.

Couldn't some speedrunners be included? People like Simon Widlake, Xit Vono, styx-vile, etc.. 

32 minutes ago, Poncho1 said:

Couldn't some speedrunners be included? People like Simon Widlake, Xit Vono, styx-vile, etc.. 

I originally included only mappers from the golden age of Doom, and I'm not that familiar with speedrunning, but yeah, they deserve it too.