Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LucidLocomotive

(TNT: Evilution) Having a strange glitch with Map 31: Pharaoh. Need Help!

So I’m at the end of the map and I am missing a bunch of kills. I am playing on PS4, the recent “classic doom” port, via the add-ons menu within Doom II. I only have 79/113 kills. I see a lot of info about the yellow key glitch, but nothing about this. Is this a glitch or am I just missing something else? I’m hoping I can go back. I went through bigmacdavis’ walkthrough and he encountered a bunch of shotgunners in hidden windows that I did not. I assumed this was because I am playing on Hurt me Plenty and he is on UV, but then I encountered this strange 2D shotgunner stuck in the ceiling https://imgur.com/ZH0mJgw

Yeah, that's the glitch. Normally a huge load of shotgunners will spawn and flood the final hallway but for some reason they're stuck.

@Edward850we have one more for the bug tracking team.

48 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Yeah, that's the glitch. Normally a huge load of shotgunners will spawn and flood the final hallway but for some reason they're stuck.

You mean @sponge :P

IDK if this is possible or not but I finished TNT tonight with Doom Retro and was shocked when the Cyberdemon on MAP30 actually came down the stairs to fight out in the open. I am sure this was fixed due to the fix mapping errors cvar, as he never likes to leave upstairs and as a result is harder to deal with. I'm wondering if that could be addressed in the new official port, since I think it has a big effect on gameplay, unlike other fixed mapping errors in the IWADs through Doom Retro.

1 hour ago, ZeroTheEro said:

So pretty much that means its not doable on this new Bethesda port? Well at least they have the fixed yellow key version in this, but I guess that glitch is so infamous it overshadowed this one. That must mean they didn’t use the TNT patch to fix the yellow key but instead did it manually I guess 

31 minutes ago, LucidLocomotive said:

That must mean they didn’t use the TNT patch to fix the yellow key but instead did it manually I guess 

No they used the Anthology wad

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAP31:_Pharaoh_(TNT:_Evilution)

A line-of-sight error causes one of the teleporting sergeants at the end of the map to wake up prematurely and teleport when the player approaches the stairs leading down to the thrones. As the teleport destination sits on a platform (sector 162) that is supposed to lower, but at this point, does not have enough room for the sergeant, the platform becomes locked to its current position.

So it can be fixed by lowering the platform a bit.

Also, looking at GZDoom's automatic level fixer, there's also a texture issue:

// Fix textures on the two switches that rise from the floor in the eastern area
	for (int i = 0; i < 8; i++)
	{
		SetLineFlags(1676 + i, 0, Line.ML_DONTPEGBOTTOM);
	}

So lines #1676 to #1683 should have the lower unpegged flag.

You don't, but if sponge sees this thread and decides to push a fix for the level, then it can be addressed and console users will only need to redownload.

9 hours ago, LucidLocomotive said:

Do you know if it is possible to get all the kills on Pharaoh for the PS4 currently?

for now, no.

wait until sponge fix it in the meantime.