Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntimatterBrick

Caverns (One-level action WAD)

Possibly the most empty map I've played. It's very short, has the exit right behind you at the start and a super shotgun I can't grab due to it being too high up.

I'm sorry to say, but your map looks extremely boring. Why didn't you experiment with different light levels as well as different floor and ceiling heights? I think those would be really important when your map shall look like a cavern. Also think about a couple of varying textures.

Look at the two screenshots, the first is your map and the second is what you can already do by putting just another two minutes of effort to it.

Spoiler

sladeshot-2020-04-24-081842.png.e2ebcf343f7ba08527dfd5fc57624281.png

sladeshot-2020-04-24-082512.png.31d4d557a25d87ae9f09dfff09e010ab.png

I enjoyed the combat, the hitscanners were placed effectively, and the baron and the demons were also fun to outmaneuver to get the SSG. The secret encounter was also fun, even if a little tricky and finnicky.

I don't like the way the map looks, there's no lighting effects, no detail, no height differences, no extra props and architecture to break monotonous texture work.

A few errors is the exit switch right behind the player and the unreachable SSG, you imply that jumping is not required, but there's no other way to get it.

I'd like to tune-up your map, it looks like a fun little exercise to refine this map.

22 hours ago, Loomis said:

I'm sorry to say, but your map looks extremely boring. Why didn't you experiment with different light levels as well as different floor and ceiling heights? I think those would be really important when your map shall look like a cavern. Also think about a couple of varying textures.

Look at the two screenshots, the first is your map and the second is what you can already do by putting just another two minutes of effort to it.

Hide contents

sladeshot-2020-04-24-081842.png.e2ebcf343f7ba08527dfd5fc57624281.png

sladeshot-2020-04-24-082512.png.31d4d557a25d87ae9f09dfff09e010ab.png

Impressive and inspiring - just a little detail goes a long way!

28 minutes ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I've realized that the secret sector with the super shotgun requires an arch-vile jump. I have more fun whipping enemies to death, like Simon and Trevor Belmont.

Ohhhhhh damn never thought of that

That archvile is so far away tho

He would surely resurrect everyone on the way there

Not to mention how the hell would you have enough health to survive the archvile boost

:😲

35 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Ohhhhhh damn never thought of that

That archvile is so far away tho

He would surely resurrect everyone on the way there

Not to mention how the hell would you have enough health to survive the archvile boost

:😲

I just whip enemies to death.

On 4/25/2020 at 6:44 AM, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I've realized that the secret sector with the super shotgun requires an arch-vile jump. I have more fun whipping enemies to death, like Simon and Trevor Belmont.

I did not intend for people to do an arch-vile jump, I'm just bad at making maps.