Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soulless

Camping Aborted - Vanilla map

Just another wad Ive been working around last week. Intended to be a little island and some explorable "out of bounds" building areas, as if the cities were drowned in the sea, was fun to create and test. Feedback is always welcome. Heres a video and the wad, enjoy the views of the doomguys little campsite at the shores of hell!

Tested on GZDoom

Replaces Map 05

Wad link: https://mega.nz/file/J0p2ACTI#KDGsJtz-fyO6RnhWOmDfx3B_np22oILtf5Gt-9TQdnI

Edited by Soulless : + info

I played your map and I really liked it. Cool ideas, good balance of monsters, ammo, healthpacks.

Thanks! Im sure theres enough ammo, but I wasnt about the health lying around (excluding secrets, in case you dont find any). Glad you enjoyed it.

I like the concept: Building sunken into the sea.

FYI, I get a "Hexen format not supported" error when loading this map, which means it isn't what most people would consider "vanilla compatible", despite it using only stock textures from Doom 2.

Guess I forgot to say, Tested on Gzdoom, and replaces map05, my bad.

@Clippy That button that drove you mad was just to get down the Red skull key, you should be able to see is lowering by the window with the BFG as you press it. Those missing imps trigger when you enter the secret area with the plasma, you were nocliping, I think thats why.

The little wall (baron face) at the start point that lowers and rises pretends to be a shooting range. You made my day with your parkour, haha, feel kinda sorry but then I had a flashback about some party pit ;D

Anyway thanks for playing and making the video man, was really fun.

Sooo glad when you found the red key after passing it a couple of times, @Clippy!

I love watching your videos, always entertaining!

@Soulless I also wondered how to...

Spoiler

...open the marble face to the blue armor. I mean, with jumping it's easy (jump on that little ledge before the face and then open the face door) but I thought jumping was not encouraged since you said it's a vanilla map.

14 minutes ago, Loomis said:

@Soulless I also wondered how to...

Hide contents

...open the marble face to the blue armor. I mean, with jumping it's easy (jump on that little ledge before the face and then open the face door) but I thought jumping was not encouraged since you said it's a vanilla map.

Jumping is not encouraged, freelook is ok though.

Spoiler

Theres a trigger on tv screen, press use, then turn around 180º, there will be of light moving down indicating the place.