Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Impso

(SOLVED) Custom monster help?

Question

Alright, bit of preface: I'm making a doom wad that features the floating head of Spencer from Icarly shouting "BAGEL" and launching exploding bagels at you. I'm making it for a friend, who is down in the dumps but really loves goofy doom wads like this. 
Now, with all that said, I think I've gotten everything right in the decorate file, and when I try to spawn the monster in in the map editor, their icon shows up as the spencer head. However, in actual gameplay, they do not appear, replaced with the little red and yellow exclamation marks indicating an error loading some custom monster in. Here's

the screenshots for both the monster and the custom projectile. What am I doing wrong here?
I'm using Slade with zdoom as my preferred source port

bandicam 2020-04-28 03-30-46-293.jpg

bandicam 2020-04-28 03-30-58-817.jpg

7 answers to this question

well I looked in the console snd the ID number was invalid. So I fixed that, and now it says it has no frames. 
Ugh, I'm so close to getting this shit to work I can feel it, it's like pulling teeth

Here's the files and the sprite for the enemy itself is highlighted. I've used Slade before, but never have I made a custom enemy, so I'm a little clueless, I'm sorry

bandicam 2020-04-30 01-36-47-818.jpg

Thank you Kappes Burr, that worked. well, somewhat. we're getting closer, the monsters are spawning properly now, but whenever they touch me, the game crashes. 

HOLY SHIT YES! IT WORKS! 
Big thank you to EVERYONE who helped me out here, it really means a lot to me :)