Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Two Questions About Doomworld (4/30/2020)

I have some questions, one is about an issue with a certain series of reviews, while the other is an issue with my Doomworld Forums profile page.

1. Is The /newstuff Chronicles on hiatus, or is it discontinued? I see that the last of the series was The /newstuff Chronicles #546, which was posted on December 20, 2018. I read in the comments that some people are concerned about this like me.

2. Has anyone else been having an issue with their activity feeds on their own Doomworld Forums profiles? The latest post of mine that appears on my profile was posted on March 3rd. However, I have posts newer than that, and they won't appear on my profile for some reason. At one point before, no posts were appearing on my activity feed at all. Is there some sort of glitch with user profile pages right now?

4 hours ago, NiTROACTiVE said:

2. Has anyone else been having an issue with their activity feeds on their own Doomworld Forums profiles? The latest post of mine that appears on my profile was posted on March 3rd. However, I have posts newer than that, and they won't appear on my profile for some reason. At one point before, no posts were appearing on my activity feed at all. Is there some sort of glitch with user profile pages right now?

Yeah. On my profile, it claims that my latest post is from April 15th, even though I've made at least one post here almost daily for the past month or so. A bug in the system is my best guess - hopefully it gets fixed soon enough.

The search feature has long been broken, and it's not fully fixed.

If you use the Unread Content link, you'll see it's currently stuck on April 18. Any thread created after this date will simply not appear.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

The search feature has long been broken, and it's not fully fixed.

If you use the Unread Content link, you'll see it's currently stuck on April 18. Any thread created after this date will simply not appear.

Search does semi-work again since last week. I was able to correct search back to DoomWorld's first threads. I say semi-work because of the issues OP mentions.

Prior to last week, search was fully non-workable, unless you went to a specific profile and looked in their  Posts tab.

I know, that's why I said it's not fully fixed.

Prior to last week, the "unread content" just told you there was nothing in the activity feed.

This explains why my recent status update didn't show as well. It only showed upon looking at my own profile.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the rejected and accepted lists of FAQ #14 on this /idgames thread used to lead you to a simple text page with those contents. Now they download files you have to put '.txt' at the end of in order to read them. It's another problem that should be looked at.