Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

(***Currently not available*** ) Give me your WADs - I WILL PLAY AND RECORD THEM.

The Redemption of Mankind is a map that is still in alpha: only one map has been finished(not with enemies, but with detail), and the other one is unbeatable. This PK3 was mainly made around the music I was able to grab from all over the place, and then i went from there. The wad is E1M1-(E1M2 but unbeatable) so it's the standard doom textures, and the music goes all through d_intro to D_VICTOR, D_INTER, and D_E1M1-D_E1M9. Not all songs are in midi format, so hence the google drive link at the end of the text. Other than that, it's still in alpha, so there's only one map. Here's the link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBzlaaZzLsAHCefPzg916tzSzbxhYKIo/view

Thank you for your time.

UAC LAST STAND

BY @19Wraith  

Download Here

This map was...pretty frekin long. I had the mapper with me on stream, and tough visually and design is more than nice, the thing here is that things can get a little bit confusing with two wide buildings, both with red doors and yellow doors, stairs up, lifts, central outdoor area with two floors, full of hitscanners..loooooooooong!

I got to a point that i did not know where to go (the mapper helped me out) and within a vast map like this...0 secrets. If its big enough, there should be some secrets (not that i care about secrets) so players can explore and try to get a little of compensation in little goodies. Sure the is health on the map, but i know this mapper...and i have played and succeded with 1%...1 freakin % because alot of new areas that i entered had 0 health. Sure i am little bit noob on gameplay, but imagine yourself with 1% in a area with two Spider MasterMinds and about ten arachnotrons...i survided, but died alot...and almost gave up to continue. But...i have made it with the help of everyone in stream. I got to a point that i just wanted to finish the map...and i did...passing by all the remaining monsters (i think it was about 200 monsters, more or less and went to exit area to finish.

Large areas, alot of monsters and sometimes not much point of progression very clear. The mapper was on stream, so he know my opinion well, i think he got the point. I Hope to see more...but Jesus Christ all mighty...reduce monsters a little bit..and the map area as well.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 7:51

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

THE APARTMENTS

BY @TheStupidestBeing

Download Here

This mapper does alot of requests...with maps done in 1 hour, 3 days...and of course the result cant be solid if you are not an experienced mapper (in my point of view of course). These are 3 maps, but could be only one. Short and all of them look unfinished. The mapper was on stream today and tryed (ONCE AGAIN) to explain, that to do a solid map it has to be a start a middle and an end. I hope this time he got it well...take your time, think about maps you have played before (from other mappers) see examples...progression...monster placement...everything. Hope to see more...but complete maps...because this is not a first.

Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 1:21

=====//=====

CHAIN REACTION

BY @Horus

Download Here

Horus is no kid in the playground. His maps usually are hard and here we have a nice challenge. I craked up laughing because logically the challenges presented within the map are duable but i had to return from UV to HMP so i could go and finish it...and man did i died alot.

Every challenge has its logic and facing two Cybers along with machinegunners and pain elementals makes alot of effort from the player...but, we have to think...there is always a way. Of course the mapper helped me out sometimes and sure we have a good feeling on finish the map...with only about 70 monster. Its not manny, but man...Horus being Horus, surelly you will have to think...and fast. Nice..simple and nice!

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 19:56

=====//=====

BEING TRAPPED IS HELL

BY @TravyB

Post Forum

A nice map indeed. Travy gaves us a map that has the theme "trapped" and sure the map makes us feel a little bit that, with low ceilings, some tight spaces to fight (sometimes), with shotgunners that can clean you health in no time and a very wise music track by Jimmy that makes a solid and very enjoyable map. Visually can be a bit dark, like the times we are taking nowadays (confined) but like i said, there is a theme..and well achieved. I hope this map is included in a future project that the mapper was intended to do. I will surely want to play it.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:23:26

= You can follow me on TWITCH ( https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_) =

=====//=====

CLIPPY´S PARTY PIT

BY @Clippy

Forum Thread

There is something in Clippy´s map that i do really enjoy. They are simple and enjoyable maps. Sure visually is not a masterpiece, and being tru follower of vanilla i think he tries to approach that more than ever. I enjoyed the map and i think the pprogression is quite simple (tough at the end of the map i was creating more problems than choosing the obvious path) but that final area till the end looks unfinished, just because i passed by all the monsters and hit the switch. That could have done differently i think. Still, like i said, a simple map and enjoyable, maybe the portal sectors could be a little more appart from the walls since i accidentally got back and foward sometimes, those two white bars, i did not had idea it was a teleport in between (that was a first) and i enjoyed that we can "chose" the the first path to go...like to get the SSG (i did it once and died).

Thanks alot for the request and hope to see more!

STARTS AT 2:07:45

=====//=====

@Jark i really apreciate the video! Thanks man, some modifications has been done since i put this playtest out. Still i enjoyed see you playing it and looking foward for the next videos. Thanks alot man.

- That green soldier i got it from realm667 i believe. They are not part of the SuperCharge Mod.

- Alot of shells..yes ill fix that as well.

ABSTENEBRAERUM

BY @19Wraith

Download Here

Its a smaller map in size and number of monsters, but it still there a consisty of making high sectors, sometimes too much empty and lack of health ( ammo was fine this time i guess). The progression still can be a little bit confusing and the main reason might be the connectivity (alot of circulating around the map) and wide sectors on the map that looks pretty similar. Still, there is fine moments of challenge and this might be a new beggining on mapping...there is talent here, but the lazyness of the mapper is stopping him to do better...and he knows he can do waaaayyy better.

Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT  5:30

=====//=====

THE REDEMPTION OF MANKIND

BY @PurpleNerd23

Download Here

Its a starting project and the maps are quite small. I feel there is still a "discovering" of things that this mapper is exploring in his process. A map can be small, but being that small i think it does not fit the main idea. Getting a little longer map (each), with progression, must be an objective for the future. 

Thanks for the request.

STARTS AT 1:10:20

=====//=====

BORN IN A CASKET

BY @Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

Post Forum

This is a start of something, more concretely one map out of five. The melee is quite one of the things that the mapper wants to be emphasized but something has to been done about that Axe. The knife sure, effective, but the Axe is no good in gameplay, being too much slow in battle to be used (in my opinion of course). Its clearly an initial project where some textures are missing or textured wrongly, some paths can be overpassed without going by the main progression (and that should be fixed ), some lack of ammo (but the mapper already said that melee is intended)...and at the end of all this i got curious about this project. I think if its done with care, it should work out fine and i would  definitely play it. The mapper recommends to play on true color software render, but i find myself better with hardware renderer...

Thanks alot for the request and hope to see more in future!

STARTS AT 1:28:27

=====//=====

Hi,

I have a request for you.

It's 11 map wad for now. For me it's very important, that you play this wad continously and on HMP difficulty.

SIGN OF TORMENT

BY @Kain D.

Post Forum

Today was a big and long journey...with only 11 maps, that felt more like 32 maps. 

This mapper is new around DW, and this is his first post on the forum. I thought that this WAD was a first time release, but i guess that maybe might be a first time release but not a first time in mapping. 

The project is ambitious on a 32 megaWAD, but this WAD with 11 maps, sure make feel that is 32. The maps at a certain time (i think map 4 or 5) become wide and big and some things just need be adjusted (in my opinion of course) like reducing the maps in size, ammo balance (better ammo like rockets or plasma gun with cells) because shooting Barons/ Hellknights with bullets or shells get much of a burden. The maps feels more solid as long as we go, and the 3 initial maps decieve alot for what is gonna come afterwards.

We get cool moments like jumping platforms, some fights are fun, transition of sectors with portals. Map 11 starts cool but fighting about six Cybers with rockets looks unfinished and a easy way to finish after a looooooooooooong playthrough.

Overall an ambitous project, interesting nevertheless. There is a need of study of monster placement, ammo upgrade, reduce maps (quite) and of course better textures combination in terms of polish. My stream today had some requests...but the slot i could do today, was only for this WAD...i hope the mapper sees all of it, take some advices, wich i think they are pretty much valuable. 

Thanks for the request! 

=====//=====

Hi :), I finished my wad. It is more balanced and difficult, I've analized all the advices to improve my maps. Moreover, there are some arch viles because they're my favorite demons. That's the link: 

SIN CITY 

BY @MAN_WITH_GUN

Forum Thread

Experience on mapping sure gives its results after only 5 hours of speedmapping. we have here a good map. Because there is a diference of nice map and good map, and for me this is a good map. Not big in size or monster count, but with challenging gameplay and more than solid visuals. Fun is guaranteed...and that..its all that matters. I think this mapper could put himself to do a good and nice project...but he is the only one who can answer that. We need more of this.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 4:56

=====//=====

INTO THE COMPLEX

BY @Pechudin

Forum Thread

A very first release that turns out...very nice. Congratulations for that. It takes slot on E2M6, and for a first release i can tell that it felt good to play this map. Sure that already had some modifications over some reviews ( and that is why playtesting is good), but how it is, does feel the first or second map of a project. I asked the mapper on stream if he was planning to more...like a WAD with more maps, the answer was probably but for now there was not enough time, and he had more things that comes first right now. Sure thing. The most important things first...but i hope in the future, to see more...because this mapper is promising.

Thanks alot for the request...a nice job once again!

STARTS AT 46:49

=====//=====

GLISTENING GAS LEAK

BY @Clippy

Forum Thread

I think this is the best map i have played by Clippy. Its confined, full of switches, not a big big map, but it was very fun for me to play it. There could be more careness about the textures, but within the gameplay..it mostly made forget about that. The ammo and health balance is done correctly and the secrets provide good goodies to help progression. I said it on stream to the mapper and i say it here. This mapper have quality...i would like to see a project of him with about 10 or 12 maps. His maps are fun, can be challenging and the end we feel like we want to play more. A nice fun map, that is what i got the feeling here. Hope to see more in the future...a project preferably with more than 1 map only.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:07:41

=====//=====

INFERNAL ANNIHILATOR 

BY @Bidoof Slayer

Forum Thread

I did played these maps a while ago, in this same forum thread. I saw Final Release and i tought the mapper did changes in all the maps. At first, (i think about the 3 first maps) i guess some changes were really done, but afterwards i realized that much of the things that should have been fixed...were not. There is alot of "fixing" to do here, and i  think the mapper had more than time to do that. The maps are not very long (wich is not a bad thig) either the monster count, some textures are mixed in various ways, some textures simply dont belong where they are and at the end, mainly the things i said before about this WAD...maintains. I would recomend the mapper to look again and again within his maps...because improvement is always an option, and in this case...i think is mandatory. More comments in the video.

Thanks for the request !

STARTS AT 1:40:12

=====//=====

1 minute ago, Austinado said:

GLISTENING GAS LEAK

BY @Clippy

Forum Thread

I think this is the best map i have played by Clippy. Its confined, full of switches, not a big big map, but it was very fun for me to play it. There could be more careness about the textures, but within the gameplay..it mostly made forget about that. The ammo and health balance is done correctly and the secrets provide good goodies to help progression. I said it on stream to the mapper and i say it here. This mapper have quality...i would like to see a project of him with about 10 or 12 maps. His maps are fun, can be challenging and the end we feel like we want to play more. A nice fun map, that is what i got the feeling here. Hope to see more in the future...a project preferably with more than 1 map only.

Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 1:07:41

=====//=====

Thanks friend what nice words. Love your streams bud 💪

4 minutes ago, Austinado said:

INTO THE COMPLEX

BY @Pechudin

Forum Thread

Thanks again for playing, and I have spotted a couple more tweaks I could do after watching the VOD. Like some more rockets for those anti-coward Barons at the last trap.