Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Breathing air on the surface of mars? Leak vid question

When the lost souls fly outside to get that soldier, you can see when they're coming he's looking out at what appears to be the city area or mars (maybe were the soldiers spend their off time?) However breathing air on mars is not possible so do you think maybe there is a huge dome over the entire cities or something? He isn't wearing gear to allow him to breathe really.

There's a window.

Btw, it'd surprise me if everybody wasn't wearing a small emergency oxygen device at such an installation.

If the UAC is involved in terraforming on Mars, it could be possible that there already is an earth-like athmosphere.

Just a little input from what I heard at Quake-con. The plan at that point was to not have very many outdoor areas, though there would be some. An example would be that you would be dumped outside and would have to get back inside before you ran out of air. Maybe they're keeping that idea or something similar, and the planet isn't fully terraformed yet.

Yeah I also was thinking about that rumoured airlock mission.
From a level designers point of view a deadly Mars surface is crap, because it really reduces the level design to indoor scenarios only, plus some panoramic landscape views through windows. But you can not make smooth transitions between indoor and outdoor parts.

I remember seeing a window also in the video It was quite some time ago though so I dont remember about the mars city or w/e though..

Ah. The very video many a fan is so vehimently opposed to. I haven't seen it yet, for I fear the man will crack down upon me. (Well that, and the fact I haven't activly looked for it.)

Alientank said:

Did you not see the title of the thread? LEAKED VID

Don't be silly, you could easily have been talking about a NEW leaked vid that others hadn't seen.
I know what you mean, but not everyone here knows.

are we talking about this?

cus i think there was a window actualy its just that you dont see it ennymore once the camera changes angel

[mod]Don't post screens from the alpha - you wanna get banned or what!?[/mod]

why cant i post images from the alpha?

oh well if you want to see some suff i got from the net conserning doom3 that no screes and things that would get me banned that is...(bulshitits screes go ahead) well there is a link on my clan's page: Url removed

[noob]plonker said:
why cant i post images from the alpha?

oh well if you want to see some suff i got from the net conserning doom3 that no screes and things that would get me banned that is...(bulshitits screes go ahead) well there is a link on my clan's page: http://noob-clan-belgium.fragism.com/

Nice pics man right click save as :p

Dude, it's not such a bright idea to burst into a site's forum without reading the FAQ.

In case you didn't follow the links that Dark-Tenshi provided:

Posting images, links to images or links to sites hosting images from the Doom 3 Alpha is strictly prohibited, because it is material not officially released by id and thus illegal

Under normal circumstances, you would be staring at the banned screen by now, but I'm currently in my friendly mood and I understand that you are unaware of the rules here, but there's no excuse for not reading the FAQ first.

dont b telling me you were not down there looking @ the new material...

enny way its not my fault if the stupid demo was leeked, and there are no coppy rights with it so i may take pics if i wont i gess....

btw for thows who went to chec my prints: the pic with a pc well you contole the cuser in that littel screen :D ( brilient )

Deimos_marine said:

I GOT PUT IN POST HELL FOR SAYING "DOES ANYBODY HAVE THE DOOM 3 ALPHA??" WHILE THIS GOES FREE. WTF??? Damn, some of you guys are really F'd up/.

Read the faq, turbo. Also turn off caps lock and posting stuff like this and saying "you guys are f'd up" is a good way to go to banland.

ravage said:

We seem to be acquiring some pretty inconsiderate people these days, eh?

I'll say, but it's only the beginning. Just wait until Doom 3 is released and we'll get all those n00bs (yes, n00bs, not just newbies) swarming in.

dsm said:

I'll say, but it's only the beginning. Just wait until Doom 3 is released and we'll get all those n00bs (yes, n00bs, not just newbies) swarming in.

I really cannot wait for that to happen so I can see DSM flex his mod muscles :p

How would it be possible to terraform a planet with Mars' gravity? I thought Mars couldn't hold an atmosphere? Or am I mistaken?

Agnes said:

How would it be possible to terraform a planet with Mars' gravity? I thought Mars couldn't hold an atmosphere? Or am I mistaken?

Mars has an atmosphere already.

Agnes said:

Even so, Doom 3 takes place like 142 years in the future - and with the speed that some technologies develop, they could have found some fantastic new method of terraforming Mars.

Anyways, Doom 3's version of Mars is far from completely terraformed. You die if you're outside because there isn't enough air - they've only found ways to maintain a permanent base with personnel ... and maybe they've "terraformed" Mars enough to at least prevent that your body explodes when outside - but they still haven't made the air breathable.