Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomerNL

gzdoom priorty stuck on low cant change why?

hey guys i have a issue i think,

for all my games i always do ctrl alt del and go to task manager and set the game priorty to high for better performance..

but for gzdoom it wont listen it keeps going back to low priorty why? is there a way to change it?

29 minutes ago, DoomerNL said:

hey guys i have a issue i think,

for all my games i always do ctrl alt del and go to task manager and set the game priorty to high for better performance..

This does not do as much as you may think it does.

but for gzdoom it wont listen it keeps going back to low priorty why? is there a way to change it?

You have to ask yourself if it really is a necessity. GZDoom does that for you already. (Using multiple threads, not to be confused with the process priority).

Its not bad what you do, its just that the computer does these things automatically already. There is no need to do manual tinkering in this case :)

Here is a general explanation.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

This does not do as much as you may think it does.

You have to ask yourself if it really is a necessity. GZDoom does that for you already. (Using multiple threads, not to be confused with the process priority).

Its not bad what you do, its just that the computer does these things automatically already. There is no need to do manual tinkering in this case :)

Here is a general explanation.

oh ok then ill just leave it alone thanks hehe i dont need to do this in games anymore? cuz its kind of anoyying every time i boot up a game i do this

1 hour ago, DoomerNL said:

oh ok then ill just leave it alone thanks hehe i dont need to do this in games anymore? cuz its kind of anoyying every time i boot up a game i do this

If its annoying, then why do you do it? :P Yes, in general, you don't have to put things on priority through the Task Manager.