Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Why hasn't id...

Released more screens or something? For a while we were getting a steady flow of screenshots every month or so but it seems to have just stopped entirely. Maybe they don't want to give away too much of the game.

There aren'too many threads where the possible answer is in the same post as the question. :P

Anyway, I prefer they don't release any more screenshots. Many people have played the alpha and the rest (like me) wait patiently for the game. The images already released gives a good impression of the game and it's enough. Releasing more screens would only ruin the fun of playing when it will come out.

I just hope it makes it on the shellves soon we are in dire need of some new kickass games!

Coopersville said:

ID's trust was betrayed with the release od the Alpha. What you've stolen is what you'll get until the job has been finishd.

I didn't steal anything but I still know what you mean. I'm sure if that hadn't been leaked then there might be more screens

Alientank said:

I didn't steal anything but I still know what you mean. I'm sure if that hadn't been leaked then there might be more screens

He's not talking about you, just those who stole the Alpha demo.

ravage said:

He's not talking about you, just those who stole the Alpha demo.

No, no. I think it was Alientank who did it. :-}

Sure, I'd like to see some screenshots. I mean, it's not like id has to give everything away in the screenshots, either. Maybe they could give us a few shots of environments or something. Or maybe a blurred image of a monster we haven't seen, just to drive everyone nuts. There are plenty of ways that id could do this and not give away too much...

I just want them to update ua-corp.com or give an approximate release date, and if that's close maybe some shots of the art that might apear on the cover of the Doom3 box.

nxn said:

I just want them to update ua-corp.com

Damn...I had already forgotten about that place...

I think they will end up releasing some more screenies soon it wont be anything spectacular just to keep the public drooling. Im patently waiting for some more information on what the game is like.

Im patiently waiting for the game.

Heh, would be funny if id made a press release that the project was being scrapped due to production costs or something and that they were going to concentrate on a new Q3 add-on, then released DooM 3 the next week.

Assmaster said:

Im patiently waiting for the game.

Heh, would be funny if id made a press release that the project was being scrapped due to production costs or something and that they were going to concentrate on a new Q3 add-on, then released DooM 3 the next week.

Wouldn't work as a surprise, people would still know. There are so many inside ppl that know what is going on that word spreads like wildfire.

This thread is stupid.

id hasn't released screenies for the obvious reasons:

1. They don't want to give too much away.
2. Too much of the game has already been revealed in the leaked Alpha (no, you did't hear me utter the dreadful 'A'-word)