Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gothic

Need help running Doom64 TC on modern Doomsday

So the Absolution TC comes with its own Doomsday executable, but it is a very old one, and apparently 2.3 can run it as an IWAD, because it has its own section in the Other Games window. If that's not the case, then is there another way of playing it with the more updated port?

And please don't tell me to go play on Doom64EX, or the newest re-release, because I have. I'm just curious on running the old TC, and the Outcast Levels as well.

I think it was designed to run with that version only. I'm sure it's possible to update it to the latest Doomsday, but the people who could make it happen have moved past this TC, after all it is very, very old. But, I'm no authority on the matter.

7 hours ago, Gothic said:

So the Absolution TC comes with its own Doomsday executable, but it is a very old one, and apparently 2.3 can run it as an IWAD, because it has its own section in the Other Games window. If that's not the case, then is there another way of playing it with the more updated port?

And please don't tell me to go play on Doom64EX, or the newest re-release, because I have. I'm just curious on running the old TC, and the Outcast Levels as well.

Ive detailed the specific engine version on its Wiki page here.

The engine used by Doom 64: Absolution is a customized version of the Doomsday Engine, version 1.7.13, running the JDoom plugin. It is presented as a separate executable, called Absolution.exe, and is required to run the total conversion. The latest release of Absolution.exe carries version number 1.1.05.

The TC completely relies om Absolution.exe. and there is not a easy way to run it in any later release.

If its source code was released, then it could be made compatible with recent Doomsday versions, i reckon.