Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

Grell Issues

Question

8 answers to this question

Don't worry answering. I just removed Grell and it's working fine. Another load of BS from Realm667 that don't work! 

The main issue is that you have no idea what you're doing and are also resistant to learning. Yes, there's an error in the DECORATE, but if you'd bother to try to understand what you're copy'n'pasting together from all over the place you could easily fix the error. Instead you're just complaining.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, boris said:

The main issue is that you have no idea what you're doing and are also resistant to learning. Yes, there's an error in the DECORATE, but if you'd bother to try to understand what you're copy'n'pasting together from all over the place you could easily fix the error. Instead you're just complaining.

You was once like me, new to the whole thing and didn't have a clue. Or did you conveniently forget that? Unless you want to tell me what is wrong with the decorate line or give me some good advice, take your useless comments elsewhere! We are all beginners to something new. Don't ever forget that! I've tried everything that I can possibly think of! We're not all as smart as you!

I'm pretty sure anything that isn't a rotation needs to be FVULx0 where x is your frame letter. In other words, always 0 unless it's a rotation frame.

Edited by Nevander

As I always say: The WIKI is your friend ™

FlxIVIT.png

The 1 refers to a sprite such as a decoration.

As in artifacts, vegetation, light standards, etc.

Anything which does not 'move'.

I took a look at the Grell's DECORATE code - it appears as though there's an unnecessary semicolon at the end of that line. Removing that should do the trick.

Odd how GZDoom complains about the sprite name rather than the actual problem at hand.

31 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

I took a look at the Grell's DECORATE code - it appears as though there's an unnecessary semicolon at the end of that line. Removing that should do the trick.

Odd how GZDoom complains about the sprite name rather than the actual problem at hand.

The issue is that GZDoom doesn't look at lines at all in a DECORATE lump - it just reads a string of characters with no line breaks at all.  If it reached the logical end of a line, then a ";" placed afterwards, it would be interpreted as being the beginning of the next line.  So that's why the error complains about the sprite name, because it's reading ";FVUL" as the name.

@Mad Dal 85 Can you post a screenshot of the entire code, not cutting it off on the right hand side?  I'd like to have a look at it too.

3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

The issue is that GZDoom doesn't look at lines at all in a DECORATE lump - it just reads a string of characters with no line breaks at all.  If it reached the logical end of a line, then a ";" placed afterwards, it would be interpreted as being the beginning of the next line.  So that's why the error complains about the sprite name, because it's reading ";FVUL" as the name.

Right, that makes sense.