Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I didn't like MP3 at all, it was a big departure from the first two games, I didn't like how they turned Max into a typical Rockstar toughguy character or how they turned him into drug addict, the pain killers in the previous game weren't anything more than a gameplay element not tied to the story. Also unskippable cutscenes and dropping any two handed weapon during them, also pretty much two weapon limit. The whole noir theme is absent.

Edited by Avoozl

2 hours ago, Phobus said:

@Nekr0s1s seems like the S2000 and Impreza would've been carried over from the original Underground, in that case. I wonder why they cut some of the cars...

Licensing issues...

46 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

It's the last single player focused R* game that I actually liked. It was very different at times compared to what came before it but it wasn't bad as far as third entries in a trilogy goes. There's a few firefights late game that are quite tough (especially when the armored light machine gun guys show up) and all instances involving a sniper were annoying but for the most part it's very doable. It also has a great soundtrack and is pretty damn visceral at times for the violence. My only real criticism is it is very linear, and every gameplay setpiece has to be loaded in via an unskippable cutscene.

So overall it's quite good I guess, gonna have to see it for myself them.

I don't see why linearity would be an issue though, none of the MP games are nonlinear in any significant way - besides I'll always take linear progression over nonlinear *shrugs*. The fact that they made the cutscenes unskippable is a bit annoying though, I wouldn't have skipped them but I can't say the same about others.

33 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

I didn't like MP3 at all, it was a big departure from the first two games, I didn't like how they turned Max into a typical Rockstar toughguy character or how they turned him into drug addict, the pain killers in the previous game weren't anything more than a gameplay element not tied to the story. Also unskippable cutscenes and dropping any two handed weapon during them, also pretty much two weapon limit. The whole noir theme is absent.

...Max is now a drug addict? Seriously? That's how they decided to pick up from where MP2 left off, where Max was reborn at the end? Who makes these decisions...

I just played some Valfaris, I probably died 40 times to complete half a level. I think its a game I really enjoy playing as long as I take breaks, but I'm not very good at it. 

Just got my Nintendo Switch off of Ebay for a cheap 200$ price (I have a history of good haggling skills :)  ). Soon as I got it I went and purchased Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and got the preorder for Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

Xenoblade has been a part of my childhood since first getting the Wii exclusive back in 2012 for 80 bucks (damn those gamestop exclusives). I remember playing that beautiful JRPG and enjoying every last bit of the story, the characters, and the combat in the game. Now that I am playing the sequel (currently in chapter 5), I am having a blast with that game just as well. The story is very good, the characters are phenomenal, and that gameplay is unique AF. 

Can't wait to play that Xenoblade Remake and potentially the older xeno games once I get an emulator for them.

STREETS OF RAGE 4

I really love Doom but Streets of Rage 2 was my introduction to videogames, as I like to say when other kids were jumping on fungi and turtles I was beating up thugs with fists and assorted weaponry. And I turned out fiiiine *twitch*

I've played about 5 stages of the game so far, its excellent, I couldn't have asked for much better really. And is it the longest gap before a sequel to a multi game IP made it out? I'd have to think its a contender at least. 

On 4/28/2020 at 3:26 AM, seed said:

So overall it's quite good I guess, gonna have to see it for myself them.

I don't see why linearity would be an issue though, none of the MP games are nonlinear in any significant way - besides I'll always take linear progression over nonlinear *shrugs*. The fact that they made the cutscenes unskippable is a bit annoying though, I wouldn't have skipped them but I can't say the same about others.

...Max is now a drug addict? Seriously? That's how they decided to pick up from where MP2 left off, where Max was reborn at the end? Who makes these decisions...

The thing about the cutscenes is that you can skip them. They're not just there to tell the story, they're also there to mask the load time for the level. Once the level is loaded, you can skip the rest of it. So the better your computer, the faster you can skip them. The game does require a social club account though, which is really fucking annoying. I can't actually get into my account, because I enabled the two step authentication with a Google Authenticator after some Russian guy got into my account and changed everything. Which that's a nice safety feature. Except the phone that I enabled it on ended up dead in the water, literally. So I can't get a new code to enable authentication on my new phone without contacting them directly. Same phone number, just different phone. The help page is a fucking joke; just log into your social club account and enable two step verification! Well... I can't log in now. Not worth my time right now.

It's a good game, it's got it's problems, but it's still fun. It's not as good as Max Payne 1 or 2, they really threw the noir out the window and went a more brute force route with it, but it's enjoyable. I would say it's a definite play, except that the Rockstar Social Club is a piece of absolute fucking garbage. I once posted one thing, one thing, on the GTA 5 forum on Steam. Within the next 24 hours I had received at least three emails that someone had tried to log into my Steam account, two from Iran, one from Russia (possible VPN's, who knows). I'm staying the hell away from their games.

Recent stuff:

Yakuza 6 - a coworker got me to try Yakuza 0 about a year ago, which thrilled him and I ended up quite liking it.  Since then, I had blown through pretty much the whole series with Kiwami, Kiwami 2, the HD releases of 3, 4 and 5, then finally 6, which my friends had gotten me as a birthday present back in August and I finally got to play it now that I was all caught up story-wise.  Overall, it's an awesome series and I'm glad I took the plunge, plus 0 was the perfect starting point since it's one of the best of the bunch and a prequel story, so that's convenient.  The serious/convoluted plots, silly side stories, fun activities and beat-em-up combat - I enjoyed it all.  I'm looking forward to 7 getting released here.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - felt meh about the demo but the full game really grew on me.  By the end, I thought it was great and will be interested to see where the series goes from here.  It's certainly not perfect - there were minor technical issues and plenty of padding, but the presentation was great otherwise and there were a lot of awesome character moments (Chapter 9 stands out).

Streets of Rage 4 - bought it about an hour ago and finished my first run through.  Old school even in length but still longer than any of the other games.  It's a fun time, shows a lot of love for the series itself and I'll probably be playing it several more times with the other characters.

Also classic Doom stuff, I have megawads to catch up on, among other things.

11 hours ago, Jello said:

The thing about the cutscenes is that you can skip them. They're not just there to tell the story, they're also there to mask the load time for the level. Once the level is loaded, you can skip the rest of it. So the better your computer, the faster you can skip them. The game does require a social club account though, which is really fucking annoying. I can't actually get into my account, because I enabled the two step authentication with a Google Authenticator after some Russian guy got into my account and changed everything. Which that's a nice safety feature. Except the phone that I enabled it on ended up dead in the water, literally. So I can't get a new code to enable authentication on my new phone without contacting them directly. Same phone number, just different phone. The help page is a fucking joke; just log into your social club account and enable two step verification! Well... I can't log in now. Not worth my time right now.

It's a good game, it's got it's problems, but it's still fun. It's not as good as Max Payne 1 or 2, they really threw the noir out the window and went a more brute force route with it, but it's enjoyable. I would say it's a definite play, except that the Rockstar Social Club is a piece of absolute fucking garbage. I once posted one thing, one thing, on the GTA 5 forum on Steam. Within the next 24 hours I had received at least three emails that someone had tried to log into my Steam account, two from Iran, one from Russia (possible VPN's, who knows). I'm staying the hell away from their games.

Aw man, that really sucks, having your accounts stolen is never a pleasant experience. I have friends who went through this and well, they got the most important stuff back, but everything else was lost forever. I'm not sure if these attackers from your incidents were using a VPN, Russian hackers compromising accounts seems to be rather common these days, for some reason. I'm sorry to hear you basically can't access the game anymore.

This is a prime example for why I utterly refuse to buy games requiring third party accounts or a secondary launcher, you never know what shit can happen one day and have them compromised, especially in a case as ugly as this. If it's on Steam, I expect the game to use that and nothing more, same for other platforms, and not having to install a few more launchers and make a dozen more accounts. These games get an instant pass.

So that being said, I guess a let's play of MP3 is where I'm going, shame but it is what it is. Too bad they've thrown out the noir style out the window though.

I finally bought a Nintendo Switch Lite and the new Animal Crossing game. I've been playing that quite a bit for the past two days. I tried making a shirt with the Doom logo on it, but it never turned out quite right. Gonna have to retry that some time later.

Usually when I don't do Doom stuff I like to play the Euro Truck Simulator 2 trucking simulation game, where I spend most of my time on an unofficial multiplayer mod, of which I have been part of that community for nearly five years now.

My experiences on that game have been many and varied, as I might have one trip where it's been relatively peaceful and relaxing and on another a reckless driver pops up suddenly.

Started Final Fantasy VII for the first time recently on Steam, having little to no experience with the series (only sampled a little of the first one) and JPRGs in general (outside of Pokemon). Reached the train graveyard and am having a good time. Love the presentation, atmosphere and music.

Currently doing a playthrough on System Shock 2 for the first time and... It's one hell of a game.

So I was dorking about on Steam many days ago and noticed that there's going to be a Torchlight III. I knew that Runic Games folded but had forgotten, so I wasn't clued in there for awhile that this other developer is building Torchlight III, which for awhile was going to be some sandbox MMO called Torchlight Frontiers. Sources say the Frontiers thing wasn't working out too well so they switched gears. It's not a good sign when beta testers are saying things like ring and amulet slots aren't an option. I guess one has to wait and see if this turns out ok.

Anyhow, I went back to the first Torchlight and added a few minor mods and that's what I'm playing.

A slew

Destiny 2 - popping in every week to do the weeklies and try to rank up the season pass.

GTA 5 Online - Mindlessly grinding towards more properties and trying to avoid the annoying aliens meme.

Doom Eternal - Tougher than the first game for sure, took a while to get used to the new control settings, F no longer glory kills and I kept forgetting to use the Flame belch but once it clicked it all flowed together nicely, currently in Taras Nabad, done with the Marauder, some Doom Hunters and the giant Baron of Hell-like boss, I expect the game will throw more of them at me eventually.

Streets of Rage 4 still, I am currently the high school bully on hard mode. 

Do I get banished from Doomworld if I say it's better than Doom Eternal? :P

Blaster Master Zero - if I ever got a Switch, I would have picked this up there, but I bought it on Steam instead.  I quite like the NES original and this one is like a re-imagined version of it.  The graphics are updated, old areas have some new gimmicks and there's more powerups and weapons to collect, which actually makes exploring the side areas without the main bosses of each area worthwhile.  There's a bit of a balance issue, though - get a fully powered-up blaster, which is much easier to keep once you get the item that prevents losing blaster power from a hit for a short time, and a lot of bosses will die before they can even do anything.  I still had fun with it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the NES game, plus there's an additional area that opens up if you beat the area 8 boss with all items found.

I'm playing the sequel now, which so far seems improved in many ways, aside from just being an original game in the same vein.

Got back into Death Stranding after starting the game in December but not playing it for about 2 months. Coming soon to PC.

g_02.jpg

Switching regularly between:
-Doom Eternal (unlocking new stuff as it comes)
-Replay of the series starting with PSX Doom> PC Sigil> PSXDoom2> PSX Final> Doom64...
-Quake series(never played 2 and 4 but this time i will)

Working my way through Coffee Break right now. Taking a break from Memento Mori map and Plutonia. Stuck on those two.

Started playing ATOM rpg on GOG.   So far (about 5 hours in) I have no real idea what is going on but am starting to get use to the controls.   I'm really enjoying the sense of humor and the characters presented.  The Russian version of Fallout is so far very enjoyable, if a bit unforgiving (to be expected honestly).   

"Hitman: Blood Money" on Xbox One (the X360 version). It' still a great game but it is starting to show its age a bit. The controls aren't as great as i remember but i only played it on PS2 and OG Xbox before so they were probably slightly worse on there. The 360 version looks a tad sharper than the consoles i just mentioned but it's still not all that great. It is an early 360 game after all. Graphics aren't everything though. They get the job done just fine imo. 

You also still rely on the map constantly so you really need to memorize every level carefully before you really do anything important but overall the game is very fun with a decent story and great missions. It still holds up imo. Next up after that i'll be playing "Hitman" (2016) for the first time. I've already played "Absolution" which was hit and miss imo.

I'm also playing "Ion Fury" via EDuke32 since the steam version was giving me major screen tearing and than with VSync enabled i was having mouse lag. But in EDuke i had no mouse lag with VSync enabled. Go Figure. I also bought Ion Fury on XBOne just so i can lay in bed and play it. So far i am experiencing lag spikes in that version every 20-30 seconds so i hope that gets fixed soon. Otherwise it plays quite good.

I do wish that you could customize the controller layout though. The "Pro" layout is almost perfect. I don't know why it has crouch set to the left thumbstick when it doesn't seem to work correctly (at least for me; might be a bug). There is already a crouch on the LB set. I'd rather have a quick way to switch to the Electrifryer like the "standard" controller layout has. But that's just me being picky.

I still play Doom occasionally. Right now i'm slowly going through Doom 2 via GZDoom on the Doom (Strict) setting. Maybe i'll try Memento Mori after that or Jimmy's Deathless.

I'm also messing around with some "vintage" games on my XB1 when i'm bored such as "Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2", "Metal Slug", "Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection", "Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle" and "Forza 6" (not a vintage game lol). So that's quite a lot lol.

3 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

I'm also playing "Ion Fury" via EDuke32 since the steam version was giving me major screen tearing and than with VSync enabled i was having mouse lag. But in EDuke i had no mouse lag with VSync enabled. Go Figure. I also bought Ion Fury on XBOne just so i can lay in bed and play it. So far i am experiencing lag spikes in that version every 20-30 seconds so i hope that gets fixed soon. Otherwise it plays quite good.

Yeah, the mouse lag has been fixed in EDuke32. However, Ion Fury's version 1.02 is based on an older version of EDuke32 where the issue is still present. You can try running IF on newer Eduke32 by copying the data/GRP files to EDuke's folder.

I was playing Torchlight again but the samey dungeons are killing me this time around.

I was just getting back into Doom Eternal when they added the Denuvo anti-cheat patch, so that totally killed that idea.

So I installed Wolfenstein The New Order. I bought it ages go but never played. Go here, get that, ok go over here, break the crates, run there, go over there, hurry up get over there... What the fuck. Call of Juarez was like that and I hated it. Why do people like that?

So I'm wondering what else to play. Ho hum, whats on Netflix.....

Edited by Doom_Dude

I decided to boot up Minecraft to have something to do while I listen to my music collection. Minecraft is pretty good for chilling through a CD I've noticed.

Am I only one here who's playing Terraria since it got the last major update 1.4? Good stuff, playing it on Master with 3 friends.

I started playing terraria 1.4, but somehow got distracted and have spent the last week trying to get not completely terrible at Project Diva Megamix.

I think it's working some so far?

Since we're all waiting for id Sofware to patch out Denuvo from Doom Eternal, I decided to start playing Deus Ex Human Revolution.