Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Van Daemon

UNSURE [released]

links #2, 3, 4, and 5 do not work but 1 6 and 7 do, looks really detailed but what caught my eye is the lighting

It looks great! All of the images are showing up fine by the way. Keep going with this. Looking forward to an official release. :)

2 minutes ago, Misty said:

Seems, there are no images anymore or my web browser does wonder. 

21 minutes ago, Fuzzball said:

None of the screens show up

It looks completely fine to me, even after refreshing the page multiple times. I'm not sure what the issue is. I think it may be Doomworld related and not an issue with her post.

15 minutes ago, 666shooter said:

Looking great. I love the Golden Souls 2, "Gorehouse" influences, and those tentacles as well.

I haven't played Golden Souls 2 so it's a funny fact then lol, thanks!

screens are showing fine.. looks interesting and cool..also i like that cacoburger lol

6 hours ago, Hcoop111 said:

screens are showing fine.. looks interesting and cool..also i like that cacoburger lol

Thanks and yes Cacoburger the best!

I've seen a screenshot or two of this over on Twitter, and I must say that the overall visual style appeals to me greatly. Looking forward to playing this! c:

The fleshy-tech-abstract theme of this WAD so far looks really incredible and I love that kind of stuff!

I'd try to remember so when this is released I can play it with my "Modpack" for scary stuff! (Dark DooM, Stealth Doom/Hideous Destructor and a few addons to make this kind of themes/WADs scarier!)

I don't know if I would be able to record, but for sure I'll give feedback!

20 hours ago, Archanhell said:

The fleshy-tech-abstract theme of this WAD so far looks really incredible and I love that kind of stuff!

I'd try to remember so when this is released I can play it with my "Modpack" for scary stuff! (Dark DooM, Stealth Doom/Hideous Destructor and a few addons to make this kind of themes/WADs scarier!)

I don't know if I would be able to record, but for sure I'll give feedback!

Thank you so much for this and I will also try those mods to see if it works correctly and how it feels <3

1 hour ago, Van Daemon said:

Thank you so much for this and I will also try those mods to see if it works correctly and how it feels <3

Mhm!

Ya! I can share ya the mods later on, I'm sure it will be spooky :p

Just now, Archanhell said:

Mhm!

Ya! I can share ya the mods later on, I'm sure it will be spooky :p

Do it! *evil laugh*

Just downloaded, will give this a spin later today. c:

8 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Left my impressions with this video. Enjoy.

Thank you so much for the video Leo. It was very nice reading as you played !!

Okay, so I played through the map - here's a little review.

Beginning with the visuals, the map looked great overall. Your usage of textures appeared well thought-out, and there were some quite eye-catching setpieces. I also liked the detail work a lot, and I have to appreciate how it didn't get in the way of gameplay.

Gameplay-wise, there's certainly room for improvement, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. While I did like the non-linear nature of the level, the layout would have benefited from some more "open"-feeling areas as opposed to the "rooms connected by hallways" design philosophy that's so prominent here. Placing signals of some sort near doors and the switches that open said doors also helps towards making those hunts less tedious. Even simple sound cues can help. The combat scenarios were quite fun, though, and I found my way around the map pretty easily despite the lack of signposting.

Perhaps my worst criticism regards the mini-maze with the switch puzzle. The execution of the puzzle itself is good, make no mistake, but the area itself could use some serious improvement. For one thing, the maze is quite cramped, and the impassable lines surrounding it unfortunately don't help with the accompanying combat scenario - they only limit the player's movement further, which is far from an ideal solution. You could improve that area a lot by making the impassable lines NOT impassable and expanding the area so that there's more "empty space" between the paths. That way, the player will have more space to move but won't be able to completely surpass whole sections of the maze - and there's the added risk of falling to the void below.

Overall, while there is room for improvement, it was a pretty good first effort. Keep at it! c:

2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Okay, so I played through the map - here's a little review.

Beginning with the visuals, the map looked great overall. Your usage of textures appeared well thought-out, and there were some quite eye-catching setpieces. I also liked the detail work a lot, and I have to appreciate how it didn't get in the way of gameplay.

Gameplay-wise, there's certainly room for improvement, but that's not to say I didn't enjoy it. While I did like the non-linear nature of the level, the layout would have benefited from some more "open"-feeling areas as opposed to the "rooms connected by hallways" design philosophy that's so prominent here. Placing signals of some sort near doors and the switches that open said doors also helps towards making those hunts less tedious. Even simple sound cues can help. The combat scenarios were quite fun, though, and I found my way around the map pretty easily despite the lack of signposting.

Perhaps my worst criticism regards the mini-maze with the switch puzzle. The execution of the puzzle itself is good, make no mistake, but the area itself could use some serious improvement. For one thing, the maze is quite cramped, and the impassable lines surrounding it unfortunately don't help with the accompanying combat scenario - they only limit the player's movement further, which is far from an ideal solution. You could improve that area a lot by making the impassable lines NOT impassable and expanding the area so that there's more "empty space" between the paths. That way, the player will have more space to move but won't be able to completely surpass whole sections of the maze - and there's the added risk of falling to the void below.

Overall, while there is room for improvement, it was a pretty good first effort. Keep at it! c:

Thank you for your feedback. I kind of agree with you with the maze thing and I actually made it a little bigger than it was at first try, so imagine how shitty it was then. 

The lack of signpostig was kind of intentional even if I tried to make it look a bit obvious with some other things. Easy things aren't that funny, imo. But my inexperience at good mapping makes weird things even if I've been "mapping" for so many years yet I suck at it so much. 

I will keep all of these little issues in mind for my future maps and my other project going on.