Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steve88

Pandemonium Speed Mapping Event!(Compilation wad Available + Contest Results!)

Let's see if I can't get the gears turning in time for this, we'll see.

Well guys here it is - more like 5-6 hours of build time

image.png.76102aece81c52da688642288c76e585.png

image.png.68f405b248ddc15eb44ea28f8ae814b8.png

image.png.7ccc71c8e32b928a074eaaa685627de3.png

image.png.84222b5f952fd6c72ff244c803d0234e.png

image.png.473835a99e6a162e60378f389b4efe72.png

Map Name: DINO SPASM

Author: Clippy Clippington

Music: Well of Souls theme from a game you never heard of

Sky: none
Port Designed For/ Tested: Zdoom / Gzdoom

Multiplayer: yes and all difficulties and deathmatch supported

GET IT HERE -- http://www.levelgame.net/doom/dinospasm.wad

NAME - PanDYNAmonium [Alt name: Black & Blue]

Author - DynamiteKaitorn / Heich

Music - Jazz Jackrabbit E3L3 Mega Air Base

Sky - Default ep 1 sky

Port Designed For - GZDooM [May work with ZDooM, QZDooM and/or LZDooM]

Multiplayer - No multiplayer elements added at all

Gimmicks Attempted - Seeing the exit from the start

"Personally... I really tried my hardest to made this map. As of late though I've not really been in that creative of a mood which has kinda killed off most of the projects I am working on. My TMoD stuff is delayed, the D2 project I posted a couple days ago is barely on MAP03 and I just barely scraped by making this. I know this is probably one of my weaker maps, and by the latter half you can see I slowly lost interest (which is odd for me since I usually lose interest in something after a month or so).

With that being said, I tried to mostly stick to a black and blue theme throughout the map so as to give it a bit of a unique style to it. I think I did an okay job on that front. :)

Also, this map has a tiny 'choose your own adventure' style to it (though both paths quickly merge together) as you can choose which gun you can pick from first! I've tested with both weapons multiple times so HOPEFULLY there's enough ammo... :l"

Screensies! ^w^

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_211930.png.b747ccb9d1ba4d397f146ca8a1898e26.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_212004.png.4e9d842d9b7dbce505a9ee29a8314545.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_212012.png.e697401c497efa737ec88ad483d22eef.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ym4fmjdcru67wvs/Pandemonium-DynamiteV2.zip/file

EDIT:

Updated the link to version 2 since I forgot to tag one of the doors in the map, thus making it impossible to find all the plasma ammo (doesn't effect item % since plasma ammo doesn't count towards it).

Edited by DynamiteKaitorn : Fixed map error

Sounds interesting! Never before in this forum participated in speedmapping. I'll try to make it in all 8 hours.

I’ll set a timer to make it easier for you to judge me.

Map Name: Barrels O' Whoop Ass

Author: TravyB

Music: Bye Bye American Pie

Sky: SKY3
Port Designed For/ Tested: GZDoom

Multiplayer: No

Gimmicks attempted: ID level re-imagined, 100 barrels minimum, Exit visible from start

Author Comments: This one is very short because I spent an aggravating amount of time trying to get the big battle working the way I wanted it to. It was mostly inspired by replaying Barrels O' Fun for this and chaingunning the 4 or 5 Hell Knights that are left over after the Chaingunner/barrel trap in one small burst, which felt pretty cool. The name of the map is Barrels O' Whoop Ass because it occurred to me that map23's music sounds a little like the Stone Cold Steve Austin theme, but maybe I'm just crazy. This one took me upwards of 7 hours.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_175226.png.f3435c840aae4ff4b4a52643d5cc9bf7.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200502_181753.png.7c151c805a96c757295998f3755658d5.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0k9v62l215qkmpp/SpeedBarrel.wad?dl=0 final version, changes in spoiler

Spoiler

-added the correct music

-took away most of the ammo in the plasma gun room to prevent the player from prematurely killing the Cyberdemons and not going through the next teleporter, which...

-... is now a different texture to make it much more noticeable

Edited by TravyB

This is very tempting :P Haven't decided on what gimmicks to use yet but I know it won't be the 100 barrels minimum one because my last map had hundreds of the fuckers.

@Horus You can do some other gimmicks.... or you could use all that barrel experience to make the ULTIMATE BARELLPOLALOOZA!

:P

16 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

@TravyB Is there a download link for your map? I seem to have trouble locating it :P

Usually helps to actually include that, I guess. Consider that a blooper on my end lol I updated the original post to keep it simple

@Clippy
Playthrough of Your map :), i played through it 3 times before i got it recorded correctly XD

Obviously this has a few spoilers, so don't watch it if you want the surprises.

Spoiler

[hide]

@Austinado You should definitely make one! I am sure a lot of us would be excited to see what you cook up :)

@Steve_88 

Gimmick List
-ID level re-imagine (any doom 1 or doom 2 level, but redone)

-Minimum 100 Barrels

-Max 25 Monsters

-Ode to FireBlu, Must use Fire in a significant manner

-Exit Visible from Start

-Integration of a puzzle element

This means i have to have only one or more of this gimmick list? 

@Austinado
Yes, you must do at minimum one gimmick, but i would encourage everyone to do more than one.
Personally, i am working on a map that uses the exit visible from start + id level re-imagined, I also might add in some fireblu flair as well.

Ok, im in!...i already started it...and will probably finish it today. Lets see how it goes...

I almost finishing one, but not sure of the quality. Still have to survive the map and see if is decent enough.

Just my little contribution:

Map Name: Barrel Hideout

Author: Soulless

Music: default

Sky: default
Port Designed For/ Tested: GZDoom

Gimmicks attempted: 
-100 barrels
- Ode to Fireblu
-Exit visible from start 

Author Comments: 
6 hours approx spent. 
Combat Driven / Speedrun approach (expect a very short level, 5 min gameplay approx)

Final Version: https://mega.nz/file/AhIWgSaZ#XzM0j8KaCmhlvrWHXRfgSM3IXcfAQg5QkF7KqQ8FJXE

Edited by Soulless

@Steve88

Map Name: Breave Thin Focus

Author: Austinado

Music: Always Watching by Lippeth

Sky: default SKY1
Port Designed For/ Tested:  Doom Format /GZdoom

Gimmicks attempted:

- ID level re-imagine (any doom 1 or doom 2 level, but redone) - Well it was inspired by THE FOCUS (Doom2) but it just reminds it.

- Max25 Monsters (at least at the starting point)

- Ode to Fireblu

- Exit visible from start 

- Integration of a puzzle element (i think tried that..)
= = DOWNLOAD HERE = = (3rd version (with authorization of Steve88) 

Spoiler

= The map has 2 secrets (it was tagged 2 extra sectors by accident) on texture on the stairs was not correct and the floor texture under the first door was not correct as well / now its impossible to return after passing the blue door = these were the changes done or fixed)

Author Comments:

- It took me about 8h + about 15 minutes to fix some missalignments or textures. So yeah, i tought i could do it in time...but i excedeed for about 15 or 18 minutes in that matter. I understand if im disqualified or if you guys dont accept it because its not good.

- It was a first time speedmapping, and man the pressure was on...but i enjoyed, for the experience at least.

Spoiler

fHl8hDf.jpg

Spoiler

Wfvofnh.jpg

Spoiler

XF331Wc.jpg

Spoiler

aho8iXO.jpg

Spoiler

P25QsYi.jpg

Edited by Austinado : Some small changes on the map.

@Austinado haha do not worry, we will not stress if you went over a little bit.
I'll give it a play through later today if I have time :) Glad to see you participate.

@Austinado I'm very sad buddy. Did a first play recording of your map and my mic died right off the start :;(

I had the best commentary and it's lost forever

I need a better wireless mic setup. I sit on recliner and play from TV across the room and use an app called Wo Mic to turn my phone into a mic but did it ever let me down today. I ordered a proper mic from Amazon and still not here yet

Hope you get something out of my silent play anyway but without the commentary there is a lot of me looking at things

Pretty upset about that tbh

@Clippy thanks for playing, but since you could not hear you, i would like to know what you think about it? Liked? Hated? Meh? I dont understand , if you found the first secret, why did you not got the plasma gun after you died and started over? Yes the pit is no escapable...give me your thoughts...i would like to know.

4 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@Clippy thanks for playing, but since you could not hear you, i would like to know what you think about it? Liked? Hated? Meh? I dont understand , if you found the first secret, why did you not got the plasma gun after you died and started over? Yes the pit is no escapable...give me your thoughts...i would like to know.

I'll have to try to make another video for you. 

5 minutes ago, Austinado said:

I'll have to try to make another video for you. 

Anyone know anything about wireless microphone

I need to invest in something that works. Majorly bummed to finish my recording and see it didn't take