Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Pictures Thread 2020

40 minutes ago, Tango said:

this isn't for Mayhem 2020, but I made a map this weekend with similar limitations: 15 sectors, 5 textures, and 5 flats

ZB6xLPI.png

8UP1QkU.png

YXeJk55.png

admittedly the playspace is a little flat, so I'll probably try to squeeze out some height variation and geometry changes with the remaining 5 sectors, or just disregard the limits entirely and go full crudreams

Wait, if you could only do 5 sectors, how do you have all them pillars and shits?

On 5/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, BluePineapple72 said:

Wait, if you could only do 5 sectors, how do you have all them pillars and shits?

what you see pictured is 15 sectors - but I was aiming for a limitation of 20, so I've still got 5 extra sectors to play around with :D edited the text to be a little clearer about that though, my bad

edit: @BluePineapple72 I think maybe I misunderstood your question - my bad if so. the pillars themselves aren't sectors, so they don't expend any of the sector budget. they're all hollow on the inside (which you can accomplish by basically highlighting a pillar sector and then deleting it in doom builder)

Edited by Tango

17 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Everything is fine. There's nothing cursed about this image. :)

Kate would be so proud. <3

Doomedhd.jpg.23350f207128629748de35d1e29184ed.jpg

I was messing around with Doom Eternal Photo Mode and took this and added some extra fx on it. Also sent it to the Slayer's Club Fan Art submissions.

21 hours ago, Tango said:

this isn't for Mayhem 2020, but I made a map this weekend with similar limitations: 15 sectors, 5 textures, and 5 flats

ZB6xLPI.png

8UP1QkU.png

YXeJk55.png

admittedly the playspace is a little flat, so I'll probably try to squeeze out some height variation and geometry changes with the remaining 5 sectors (to get the total to my self-imposed limit of 20), or just disregard the limits entirely and go full crudreams

edit: I just realized I had 4 unused dummy sectors way off to the side that I forgot to delete. so... apparently this is only 11 sectors

It looks like Gothic DM.

I certainly see just how well liked Back to Saturn X is with you guys:

1lrOqQq.png

ZQtCGVY.png

7 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

Doomedhd.jpg.23350f207128629748de35d1e29184ed.jpg

I was messing around with Doom Eternal Photo Mode and took this and added some extra fx on it. Also sent it to the Slayer's Club Fan Art submissions.

Who's that jumping dwarf with the gun? Is that Gimli or Tyrion Lannister?

1 hour ago, dr_st said:

Who's that jumping dwarf with the gun? Is that Gimli or Tyrion Lannister?

Hahaha :D FOV is 120 so Doom Slayer is still mid air between the buildings about 1,5 meters away from the edge so he does look smaller than he is :D :D 

On 5/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Russell_P said:

Updating a 17 year old map (credit to Brutal Doom for the new pistol sprites).dr2020-1.png.0129b76561a783eb0c5e091c02d54eea.pngdr2020-2.png.12fa00c1c23f5b694cb79ed487d50e0f.png

I'm in love with this

Yeah, Doom Raider was awesome when i played it... incredible that are passed already 20 years!

On 5/6/2020 at 2:16 AM, Russell_P said:

Updating a 17 year old map (credit to Brutal Doom for the new pistol sprites).dr2020-1.png.0129b76561a783eb0c5e091c02d54eea.pngdr2020-2.png.12fa00c1c23f5b694cb79ed487d50e0f.png

Doom Raider Remake? Oh HELL YES!

did some touching up on the map i posted here a while back... havent got very far in its creation had to redo this whole part, finished map will be much larger. so far proud of its design. the design before this was very labyrinthian but not in an interesting or necessary way. sorta looks like a coathanger9TiHRi1.png

44 minutes ago, Old-Doomguy said:

What's this and what do I need to play it?

(copied from txt, may have changed a bit recently)

Sourceport: GZDoom / ZDL / doom2.wad

Add-Ons: Project Brutality 3 Latest From Github / Pixel Retro FX + BNoise Dither / Mari FX Shader Suite / Sprite Shadow / Items With Rotations / Bethesda Medikits Sprite / Target Spy / Crimson Assault Soundpack / Liquid Texture Pack / DHTP Texture Allterations  / Musical Silencer / Hitmarkers / Sky Texture Mods

Display: Sliders Default / Fake Contrast Smooth / Sprites & Particles All
Hardware Rendering: Sector Light Doom / Sprite Clipping Smarter / Multisample Off
Postprocessing: Ambient Occlusion Medium / All Else Off
Texture Options: Texture Filter None (Nearest Mipmap) / All Else Off
Video Mode: 1920x1080 / Vertical Sync Off / Interpolation On / Linear Scaling Off
Retro FX: Pixel Scale 4 / Bit Depth Scaling 32 / Dither Spread 20
Mari FX: Luma Sharpen Adjusted / Color Grading Adjusted
Project Brutality: Blood Amount Overdrawn / Janitors On / Screen Effects Off
Zmove: Movement Doom / Friction 2.1
Custom Difficulty: DamageFactor 0.75 / SpawnFilter Hard / Health Regeneration 50 / Spawn Preset Chaotic Random

Mari FX must be loaded after Retro FX

Wads in the screens are Hell Ground (Werewolf Moon) and Epic 2 (Hentiamenti)

I adore this after having started playing Doom Eternal

Edited by <<Rewind