Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skullhacker

Favorite rock/metal songs?

Some of my favorite metal songs are:

Metallica - Master of Puppets, Orion, Battery, Fade to Black, For Whom the Bell Tolls

Avenged Sevenfold - Hail To The King, Nightmare, Welcome To The Family

My favorite rock songs are:

Guns N Roses - Sweet Child o Mine, Estranged, Knocking on Heaven's Door

Set It Off - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing, N.M.E, Nightmare, Swan Song

AC/DC - Back In Black, You Shook Me All Night Long

Linkin Park - What I've Done, Burn It Down, Numb, In The End, Valentine's Day, Every Linkin Park Song, Leave Out All The Rest, Every Linkin Park Song, One More Light, Every Linkin Park Song, and Every Linkin Park Song.

What are yours?

I've got a lot of metal songs that I consider my favorites, these are:

Iron Maiden - Number of the beast, Phantom of the Opera, Die with your boots on, Revelations, Running Free, Killers, Wrathchild, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Hallowed be thy name, 22 Acacia avenue, Caught Somewhere in time, Loneliness of the Long distance runner, Powerslave, Aces High.

Judas Priest - Breaking the law, Electric Eye, Riding on the Wind, Screaming for Vengeance, Rock hard ride free, The Sentinel, Love Bites, Painkiller, Night crawler, Lightning strike.

Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid.

Grimreaper - Rock you to Hell, See you in Hell, Rock me till I die.

Metallica - The Four horsemen, No Remorse, Seek and Destroy, Ride the lightning, Fade to Black, Creeping Death, Master of puppets, The thing that should not be, One, Blackened, Eye of the Beholder.

Megadeth - Peace Sells, Devils Island, In my darkest hour, Holy Wars, Rust in Peace.  

Slayer - Angel of Death, South of Heaven, Behind the crooked cross, Seasons in the Abyss

Anthrax - A.I.R, Lone Justice, Among the Living, Caught in a Mosh, I am the Law, Efilnikufesin, Indians, Got the time(Not technically an Anthrax song but still a good cover), Keep it in the family. 

Exodus - Exodus, And then there were none, Piranha, Toxic Waltz, Fabulous Disaster

Testament - Burnt Offerings, Curse of the Legions of Death, Alone in the Dark, Apocalyptic city.  

Sodom - Agent Orange, Tired and Red, Ausgebombt.

Tankard - (Empty) Tankard, Space Beer, Hell bent for Jesus.

S.O.D - Sargent D and the S.O.D, Kill your self, United Forces, Chromatic Death, Milk, Fist Banging mania, Douche Crew.

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free, Halloween, Future World, I want out, Dr. Stein.

Sanctuary - Die for my sins, Battle Angels, Sanctuary.

ooh so many.. Let's try and pick one song by band. And just for fun, let's see if I can get the entire alphabet here :D

Animetal - The Juppongatana

Black Sabbath - Warning

Cacophony - Speed Metal Symphony

Domine - Defenders

Electric Wizard - Eko Eko Azarak

Fintroll - Trollhammeren

Glowsun - Green Sun, Sick World

Haggard - Eppur si muove

Igorrr - Pizza Aux Narines

Judas Priest - Painkiller

Kâl - Ohnmacht

Limbonic Art - Prologue / Phantasmagoria

Manowar - Power Of Thy Sword

Nightwish - Wishmaster

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal

Pentagram - Sign Of The Wolf

Queen - Ogre Battle (this is heavy metal, don't @ me!)

Rhapsody - Agony is my Name

Shinki Chen - Corpse

Tarantula - Earthquake (Lisbon 1755) (oldest still active portuguese heavy metal band)

Uriah Heep - Gypsy

Vektor - Tetrastructural Minds

Wyndir - Destroy

Xeque Mate - Filhos do Metal (portuguese 90s metal, "we are the sons of metaaal")

Yngwie Malmsteen - Arpeggeios From Hell

Zombi - Escape Velocity (not actually metal, sue me :D)

(I wasn't sure if I could do this but apparently, I can! Left out a couple hundred other bands, but I went either for the less know ones or in a couple cases just a clear favorite) Next time I'll do it the other way around, one song title per letter)

Many, really, but for the sake of this topic I will refrain from making another brick wall of text and just list a few (honest!) :p :

Abigor - Kingdom of Darkness, Celestial, Dornen, All Hail Darkness and Evil, Crimson Horizon and Ashen Sky, & more.

Funebrarum - Adoration of the Abscessed Cadavers, Perish Beneath, Nex Monumentum.

Azazel - Rotten Gates of Heaven, Black Metal Night, Bloodbath at the Cemetery, Crush their Empire.

Akhlys - Tides of Oneiric Darkness.

Bestia Arcana - Hellmouth, Cup of Babylon.

Diabolicum - Reaper of the Orb, Chained on Demonwings, The Moon with Thousand Shapes, The Wind Shall Slay, The Song of Suffering, Void of Astaroth.

Abhorrence - Holy Laws of Pain.

Antaeus - Cyklik Torture, Here is Punishment, Words as Weapons, Seventh Ceremony, Symmetry of Strangers.

Azelissassath - Of Eternal Ancient Blood.

Ancient Rites - Crucifixion Justified, Longing for the Ancient Kingdom, Assyrian Empire, Total Misanthropia, Land of Frost and Despair, Morbid Glory.

Impaled Nazarene - Condemned to Hell, Total War - Winter War, Cyberchrist, The Horny and the Horned, Enlightenment Process, Let's Fucking Die, Neighborcide, Hate.

Autopsy - Mental Funeral, Slaughterday, Torn from the Womb, Sadistic Gratification, Always about to Die, Dark Crusade.

Carcass - Carneous Cacoffiny, Symposium of Sickness, Tomorrow Belongs to Nobody, Room 101, A Congealed Clot of Blood.

Inquisition - Crush the Jewish Prophet, Incense of Rest, Command the Dark Crown, Hymn for a Dead Star, Nocturnal Gatherings and Wicked Rites.

Judas Iscariot - The Heavens Drop with Human Gore, An Eternal Kingdom of Fire, An Ancient Starry Sky, I Awoke to a Night of Pain and Carnage.

Dimmu Borgir - Masses for the New Messiah, Under korpens vigner, For all tid, Glittertind, Broderskapets Ring, Dodsferd, Prudence's Fall, In Death's Embrace, The Night Masquerade, Master of Disharmony.

Limbonic Art - Path of Ice, Beyond the Candles Burning, As the Bell of Immolation Calls, In Abhorrence Dementia, Through Gleams of Death, Eve of Midnight, In Mourning Mystique, A Venomous Kiss of Profane Grace.

Aosoth - Songs Without Lungs, Soul Cremation, One with the Prince with Thousand Enemies.

Beherit - Nocturnal Evil, The Gate of Nanna, Down There, Werewolf Semen and Blood, Axiom Heroine, Destroyer of Thousand Worlds, Pimeyden henki.

Speedwolf - Up all Night, Time to Annihilate.

Hypocrisy - To Escape is to Die, Osculum Obscenum, Inferior Devoties, Nightmare, Burn by the Cross.

Burzum - Det som engang var, Dunkelheit, Jesu dod, En ring til aa herske, Lost Wisdom.

Immolation - Into Everlasting Fire, Christ's Cage, After my Prayers, I Feel Nothing, The Devil I know, Fostering the Divide, Destructive Currents, A Glorious Epoch.

Ouroboros - Catholicon, The Sleep of Reason, Submission.

Forlorn - Lik av falne menn, The Crystal Palace, Ragnarok.

Moonspell - Ancient Winter Goddess, Tenebrarum Oratorium, Alma Mater.

Nekromantheon - Cry Havok, Embrace the Oracle.

Aura Noir - The Rape, Conqueror, Wretched Face of Evil.

Grotesque - Blood Runs from the Altar, Seven Gates, Fell into Decay.

Slugathor - All Must Die, Final Ceremony/Temple of Shadows, Bestial Chaos.

Sacramentum - Blood Shall be Spilled, When Night Surrounds Me.

Luciferion - Graced by Fire, The Manifest, Satan's Gift.

Lvcifyre - Fyre Made Flesh, The Greater Curse, In Fornication Waters.

Adramelech - Thule, Lord of the Red Land, Spawn of the Suffering.

Vader - Sothis, De Profundis, Wrath, Return to the Morbid Reich.

Zyklon-B - Warfare, Mental Orgasm.

Setherial - Their Blood in Me, In the Still of a Northern Fullmoon.

Sodom - Blasphemer, Outbreak of Evil, M-16, Napalm in the Morning, Body Parts, Skinned Alive.

Enthroned - Bloodline, XES Haereticum, Moksha Bakhti, Evil Church, By Dark Glorious Thoughts, Satan Never Sleeps, Blacker than Black.

Dissection - Night's Blood, Crimson Towers, A Land Forlorn, God of Forbidden Light, Starless Aeon, Black Dragon.

God Dethroned - Under a Silver Moon, The Somberness of Winter, Into a Dark Millennium.

Ok I stop here :p .

Edited by seed

Agalloch - In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion

Amorphis - The Golden Elk, Death of a King, Silver Bride, Skyforger

Atlantean Kodex - Heresiarch (Thousand-Faced Moon), Pilgrim

Be'Lakor - An Ember's Arc, Whelm, In Parting, From Scythe to Sceptre, Aspect, Countless Skies

Daylight Dies - Infidel, Sunset

Decembre Noire - The Forsaken Earth

Draconian - Heavy Lies the Crown, Heaven Laid in Tears, The Drowning Age

Eluveitie - Slania's Song, Inis Mona, Quoth the Raven, Helvetios, Deathwalker

Helevorn - Aurora

In Mourning - The Shrouded Divine, By Others Considered, The Black Lodge, The Smoke, Colossus, Ashen Crown, Below Rise to the Above, Heirophant

Insomnium - Winter's Gate (yes all 7 parts and 40 minutes of it), The Primeval Dark/While We Sleep, Shadows of the Dying Sun, Where the Last Wave Broke, Valediction, Neverlast

Khemmis - Hunted

Meadow's End - Trench of Souls, Heathen's Embrace, Soulslain, Devilution

Ne Obliviscaris - Xenoflux, And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope, Painters of the Tempest, Devour Me Colossus, Intra Venus, Urn, Eyrie

Omnium Gatherum - The Return, New World Shadows, The Pit, Foundation, The Fearless Entity, Refining Fire

Opeth - The Leper Affinity, Bleak, Blackwater Park, Ghosts of Perdition, Harlequin Forest

Paradise Lost - Fearless Sky, Medusa, No Hope in Sight, Grey

Persefone - Fall to Rise, Kusanagi, The Great Reality, Spirals Within Thy Being

Septicflesh - Anubis, Persepolis, Oceans of Grey, Faceless Queen

Swallow the Sun - Psychopath's Lair, When a Shadow is Forced into the Light

Wilderun - The Unimaginable Zero Summer, Far from Where Dreams Unfurl, The Tyranny of Imagination

Wolfheart - Hail of Steel, Everlasting Fall, The Saw

This is a very "What it is now" post, because I notice with music I've been willing to shed a lot of prior enjoyed music because it just doesn't quite have the same effect on me anymore. (I mean look at that list, would you think I was once just a power metal guy?) Also with a number of these bands I've not listened to the majority of their material yet because I like to take my time. 

Too many to list them all but I'll list 11.

Slayer - Black Magic (Show No Mercy)

Black Sabbath - Embryo/Children of the Grave (Master of Reality)

Death - Spiritual Healing (Spiritual Healing)

Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration (F.E.T.O)

Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due (Rust in Peace)

The Haunted - Abysmal (rEVOLVEr)

Queen - Stone Cold Crazy (Sheer Heart Attack)

Judas Priest - Painkiller (Painkiller)

Morbid Angel - Immortal Rites (Altars of Madness)

Metallica - Damage, Inc (Master of Puppets)

Led Zeppelin - Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin I)

EDIT: I misread the OP and thought it was only metal songs. Consider the list above 11 of my favorite metal songs. ;)

Edited by unerxai

Just one music , very popular one , I don't listen to obscure rock bands

Gonna do what @kalaeth did with the alphabetical list. Otherwise my list would be considered bloat. :p

Amon Amarth ~ Fafner's Gold

Black Sabbath ~ The Wizard

Crimson Glory ~ Lady of Winter

Def Leppard ~ Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)

Entombed ~ Stranger Aeons

Falconer ~ Mindtraveller
Gin Blossoms ~ Follow You Down

Helloween ~ Eagle Fly Free

Iron Maiden ~ Empire of the Clouds

Judas Priest ~ Evil Never Dies

Kansas ~ Paradox

Led Zeppelin ~ Kashmir

Megadeth ~ Never Walk Alone... A Call To Arms

Nightwish ~ Amaranth

Opeth ~ Sorceress

Poison ~ Bastard Son of a Thousand Blues

Queensrÿche ~ Queen Of The Reich

Rush ~ La Villa Strangiato

Skid Row ~ Slave To The Grind

The Tragically Hip ~ At The Hundredth Meridian

U2 ~ Bad

Van Halen ~ Secrets

Within Temptation ~ Hand of Sorrow

Xandria ~ Ravenheart

Y&T ~ Don't Stop Runnin'

ZZ Top ~ Concrete and Steel

melvins "boris"

deftones "digital bath"

king crimson "fallen angel"

Some bands I have many favourites from but I'll just list one per.

Agalloch - I am the Wooden Doors

Avantasia - Sign of the Cross

Belphegor - Veneratio Diabli I am Sin

Candlemass - Bewitched

Cryptic Wintermoon - Tales from the Trenches

The Cult - Soul Asylum

Dimmu Borgir - Mourning Palace

Eluveitie - Slanias Song

Ensiferum - Iron

Finntroll - Maktens Spira

Gorillaz - El Manana

Gunship - Honour Among Thieves

Hammerfall - Dreamland

Iron Maiden - Purgatory

Korpiklaani - Palovana

Kreator -  Replicas of Life

Megadeth - Mechanix

Metallica - No Remorse

Moonsorrow - Tuleen Ajettu Maa

Possessed - Twisted Minds

Rush - Cygnus X1 Book II - Hemispheres

Scorpions - Still Loving You

Sinergy - Midnight Madness

Slayer - Show No Mercy

Sonata Arctica - Unopened

Swallow the Sun - These Woods Breathe Evil

Been a good while since I listened to some of these, will have to revisit.

There's far too much stuff that I like from single bands to put favorites, but I guess i'll take some of my all time most listened bands according to my last.fm profile.

Bathory - Hades, Born for Burning, Enter the Eternal Fire, Blood Fire Death, Shores in Flames, Blood and Iron, The Lake, Foreverdark Woods, The Wheel of Sun.

Running Wild - Black Demon,Victims of States Power, Soldiers of Hell, Fight the Oppression, Mordor, Merciless Games, Under Jolly Roger, Calico Jack, Port Royal.

Judas Priest - Run of the Mill, Tyrant, Sinner, Stained Class, The Green Manalishi, Turning Circle, The Sentinel, Rock Hard Ride Free, Out in the Cold, Hell Patrol.

Iron Maiden - Remember Tomorrow, Drifter, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Sun and Steel, Flash of the Blade, Deja Vu, Infinite Dreams, Fates Warning, Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

Blind Guardian - Guardian of the Blind, The Martyr,  Banished from Sanctuary, Damned for All Time, Tommyknockers, Lost in the Twilight Hall, Journey Through the Dark.

Helloween - Cry for Freedom, Victim of Fate, Guardians, Phantom of Deaths, Judas, Twilight of the Gods, Future World, Dr Stein, March of Time.

Helstar - Burning Star, The Shadows of Iga, Suicidal Nightmare, Angel of Death, Scorcher, Winds of War, To Sleep, Per Chance to Scream, The Curse Has Passed Away.

Candlemass - Crystal Ball, Under the Oak, A Sorcerer's Pledge, Bewitched, Mourners Lament, At the Gallows End, Dark Are the Veils of Death, Mirror Mirror.

Sodom - Outbreak of Evil, Sepulchral Voices, After the Deluge, Fall of Majesty Town, The Conqueror, Christ Passion, Enchanted Land, Conjuration, Incest, Baptism of Fire.

Destruction - Black Mass, Mad Butcher, Antichrist, Invincible Force, Death trap, Curse the Gods, Eternal Ban, Release From Agony, Disastisfied Existence.

Kreator - Living in Fear, Dying Victims, Total Death, Tormentor, Ripping Corpse, Carrion, Command of the Blade, Terrible Certainty, Toxic Trace.

Protector - Apocalyptic Revelations, The Mercenary, Holy Inquisition, Kain and Abel, Misanthropy.

Deathrow - Samhain, Riders of Doom, Spider Attack, Raging Steel, Scattered by the Wind, Pledge to Die.

Necronomicon - Hades Invasion, Possessed By Evil, Blind Destruction, Dark Land, The Ancient Ones, Cold Ages (Darkland III), Death Toll.

Iron Angel - Black Mass, Legions of Evil, The Metalian, Sinner 666, Heavy Metal Soldiers, Creatures of Destruction.

Angel Dust - Legions of Destruction, Fighter Returns, Gambler, I'll Come Back, To Dust You Will Decay.

Coroner - When Angels Die, Coma, Fried Alive, Reborn Through Hate, Sudden Fall, Skeleton on Your Shoulder, Shadow of a Lost Dream, Masked Jackal.

Artillery - The Almighty, Deeds of Darkness, The Eternal War, Terror Squad, Equal at First, Khomaniac, By Inheritance, Back in the Trash.

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales, Into the Crypts of Rays, Visions of Mortality, Circle of the Tyrants, Necromantical Screams, Eternal Summer.

Agent Steel - Bleed for the Godz, 144.000 Gone, Guilty as Charged, Evil Eye - Evil Minds, Unstoppable Force.

Savage Grace - Into the Fire, Master of Disguise, No One Left to Blame, Bound to Be Free, Destination Unknown, After the Fall From Grace.

Omen - In the Arena, Battle Cry, The Axeman, Death Rider, Warning of Danger, Don't Fear The Night, Hell's Gates, The Curse.

Griffin - Flight of the Griffin, Fire in the Sky, Heavy Metal Attack, Judgement Day, Traveling in Time, Cursed Be the Deceiver.

Manowar - Battle Hymn, Dark Avenger, Manowar, Gates of Valhalla, Gloves of Metal, Secret of Steel, Hail to England, Thor (The Powerhead), Mountains.

Nasty Savage - Metal Knights, Asmodeus, Gladiator, Fear Beyond the Vision, Abstract Reality, Incursion Dementia, Eromantic Vertigo.

Sanctuary - Soldiers of Steel, Veil of Disguise, Sanctuary, Termination Force, Epitaph, Seasons Of Destruction, The Mirror Black.

Stormwitch - Skull and Crossbones, Priest of Evil, Werewolves on the Hunt,  Point Of No Return, Night Stalker, Lost Legions.

Ostrogoth - Full Moon's Eyes, Rock Fever, Queen of Desire, Stormbringer, Ecstasy and Danger, Halloween, Sign of Life.

Cloven Hoof - Nova Battlestar, Road of Eagles, Reach for the Sky, Notre Dame, Astral Rider, Forgotten Heroes.

Mercyful Fate - At The sound of the Demon Bell, Satan's Fall, Curse of the Pharaohs, Welcome Princess of Hell, The Oath.

King Diamond - The Candle, The 7th Day of July 1777, Arrival, A Mansion in Darkness, Abigail, Sleepless Nights, At the Graves.

Death - Scream Bloody Gore, Evil Dead, Baptized In Blood, Infernal Death, Leprosy, Open Casket, Left to Die, Spiritual Healing.

Slayer - Black Magic, Crionics, Evil Has No Boundaries, Tormentor, Chemical Warfare, Hell Awaits, Kill Again, At Dawn They Sleep.

Overkill - Overkill, Feel The Fire, Kill At Command, Hammerhead, Wrecking Crew, Deny the Cross, Electro-Violence.

Emperor - Beyond the Great Vast Forest, Towards the Pantheon, Inno A Satana, Cosmic Keys to My Creations & Times. I Am The black Wizards.

Dissection - Unhallowed, Thorns of Crimson Death, Where Dead Angels Lie, Mistress of the Bleeding Sorrow, The Somberlain, Black Horizons.

Covenant - Through The Eyes Of The Raven, Towards The Crown Of Nights, Night Of The Blackwinds, The Dark Conquest, The Chasm.

Burzum - A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit, Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown, Snu mikrokosmos tegn, Key to the Gate, Hvis lyset tar oss, Det som en gang var.

Darkthrone - Cromlech, Paragon Belial, The Pagan Winter, Kathaarian Life Code, Summer of the Diabolical Holocaust, Natassja in Eternal Sleep, As Flittermice as Satans Spys.

Dawn - Everflaming, The Ethereal Forest, Eyesland, Sorrow Flew on Black Wings, Soil of Dead Earth, The Knell and the World, The Aphelion Deserts.

Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun, Cries From a Restless Soul, Obsolete Tears, Beyond All Horizons, When Night Surrounds Me.

Necrophobic - The Ancients Gate, Father Of Creation, Before The Dawn, Awakening..., Bloodthirst, Christian Slaughter, Darkside.

Lord Belial - Path With Endless Horizons, Lamia, Enter the Moonlight Gate, Unholy Spell of Lilith, In the Light of the Fullmoon, Into the Frozen Shadows, Satan Divine.

Abyssos - I've Watched the Moon Grow Old, Through the Gloom Into the Fire, Banquet in the Dark (Black Friday), In Fear They Left the World Unseen.

Satyricon - Into the Mighty Forest, Dark Medieval Times, Walk the Path of Sorrow, The Dark Castle in the Deep Forest, Dominions of Satyricon, Vikingland, In the Mist by the Hills.

Gehenna - Unearthly Loose Palace, The Conquering of Hirsir, Morningstar, The Shivering Voice of the Ghost, The Eyes of the Sun, A Witch Is Born, Dark Poems Author.

Odium - Thy Eternal Nightfall, Riding the Starwinds, The Sad Realm of the Stars, Through the Sorrowfilled Forest.

Abigor - I Face the Eternal Winter, Reborn Through the Gates of Three Moons, Revealed Secrets of the Whispering Moon, Scars in the Landscape of God.

Enslaved - Allfǫðr Oðinn, Heimdallr, Norvegr, Lifandi liv undir hamri, Vetrarnott,  Fenris, Svarte Vidder, Gylfaginning, 793 (slaget Om Lindisfarne), Alfablot.

Enthroned - Skjeldenland, Scared By Darkwinds, As the Wolves Howl Again, Hertogenwald, Evil Church, By Dark Glorious Thoughts.

Mayhem - Pagan Fears, Cursed in Eternity, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, Life Eternal, From the Dark Past, Buried By Time and Dust.

Ok fuck it i'm tired.

There's way too many to list for me, so here's my favorite song in my current rotation: