Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomedSpartan

Brutal Doom 3 BFG Edition

Is this a gameplay mod? I mean, does it change the gameplay through the main campaign and through any unmodded maps? Or does it also have its own maps? 

Or is it simply a resource pack for mappers to use (e.g. new monsters)? 

Is this one of those mods which may fix the BFG Edition to be worth buying? 

Edited by printz

Yes all of those it has it’s custom maps,new demons,new bosses it’s worth buying,I’m still looking at the gameplay changes so far Gunplay is slightly different demons can respawn,existing bosses have bean tweaked and made harder RoE bosses.However it’s still needs more gameplay changes more on the Gunplay like iron sights.Im not looking for alt fire modes do to the BFG and Idtech 5 limitations.But yeah it’s worth checking out.New maps are really dark,some are just pitch black dark,shoulder lamp has a purpose now.I don’t know about the games overall lighting.

Edited by DoomedSpartan

It’s more of a modpack since a lot of things are ported over from original Doom 3.But it’s still worth checking out 2 maps are adde to Normal and Roe campaign and the Lost Mission is going to get a big map expansion.Also inhell campaign is there

10 hours ago, printz said:

Is this a gameplay mod? I mean, does it change the gameplay through the main campaign and through any unmodded maps? Or does it also have its own maps? 

Or is it simply a resource pack for mappers to use (e.g. new monsters)? 

Is this one of those mods which may fix the BFG Edition to be worth buying? 

If you want more info check out more of the articles.Big question should zombies respawn? or just demons only Cuzz the only respawning demons are imp variants,vulgars and maggots

Great. Would love to see a trailer or demo video once it's done. 

I wasn't aware that the Doom 3 BFG Edition can have mods as well.

16 hours ago, DoomedSpartan said:

Big question should zombies respawn? or just demons only Cuzz the only respawning demons are imp variants,vulgars and maggots

You mean certain monsters automatically respawn after a certain amount of time? If so, I would only let zombies respawn. Kind of like the zombies in Quake. Having all the imps return would be a bit annoying, I think.

Not just imps my guy,maggots wraiths,some zombies(not all) and apperently today I found out pain elementals can randomly spawn too.Which will heavy impact the gameplay making it much more dangerous and unforgiving in the veteran difficulty.I was testing out a map and a  f**king pain elemental spawn without me implementing a painelemental in the map.Also did I mention painelementals spawn 5 souls on death and that ROE bosses are getting buffs such as launching more proyectiles. Yikes good luck people 

Edited by DoomedSpartan

19 hours ago, Leninova said:

This should be available for the original Doom 3 version 

Nope sorry there’s already a bunch of mods for og doom 3.Want something similar to this try Perfected Doom 3.The only thing unique about this mod is the behemoth demon.Other things are featured in other og doom 3 mods.Hell Gunplay mods are much better in og doom 3.

So Iron sights and alt fires won’t be coming which is disappointing unless some one is willing to volunteer to change the Source Code to make it compatible.Ceds assets work fine with the BFG edition but the alt fire and Iron sights don’t work.I recommend using the zoom function for now.

Edited by DoomedSpartan

On 5/9/2020 at 3:28 AM, printz said:

Great. Would love to see a trailer or demo video once it's done. 

If I knew how to record  I would make a demo video.Also don’t get super excited when release only 4 maps will be added along with the inhell campaign.Sure new Demons will feature in these maps especially the hell levels.If you want to meet the behemoth go to the hell maps in the lost mission.Bosses will be left in early access(except the Icon of Sin) meaning if you want to fight them go to console and type the maps in which they are located in.Slight Gunplay changes nothing too major do too compatibility issues