Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadGuy

[Vanilla][DEHACKED] How to make an enemy to respawn after getting killed?

Question

I'm trying to make an enemy to respawn when killed and so far I have tried that by using pain elemental's attack but the respawn enemy is getting telefragged by the player (the enemy is too close to the player). Is there any way to do that ?

5 answers to this question

Are you limited to vanilla functions? MBF has a proper Spawn codepointer, as seen in Valiant. The problem with the pain elemental attack is that it spawns the lost soul outside of the pain elemental's collision box, so if you repurpose it to make an enemy respawn "itself" it will respawn in front of itself instead, and may be blocked.

Use one of the Zombies that drops something when killed?

Of course, this means it will respawn instantly, meaning you would probably be better off just making your enemy immortal.

4 hours ago, Vermil said:

Use one of the Zombies that drops something when killed?

Tried that, but it didn't work. The game is still aware that this object is ammo and not a zombie (possibly by the doom enum)

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Are you limited to vanilla functions?

The truth is that I don't have any limit here (I am also working on my own source port DOOM BFA). But I wanted to make a mod that will be as much compatible as possible. Sure I can make it exclusive to my port if I want to.

9 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

The truth is that I don't have any limit here (I am also working on my own source port DOOM BFA). But I wanted to make a mod that will be as much compatible as possible. Sure I can make it exclusive to my port if I want to. 

Then MBF-compatible would be a fine compromise, I think. It'd still be compatible with popular ports such as Doom Retro, Eternity, GZDoom, or PrBoom+; and you'd get more flexibility.

Well, I decided to integrate the Spawn code pointer to my source port and I will make it MBF compatible.

Thanks for the info @Gez