Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2019 - WE HAVE A PUBLIC BETA!

28 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

The title is a glitched version of "Entryway"

Worst case, you can always rename it to "Zalgoway" or "Entryzalgo". I'm not sure enough source ports natively support Zalgo text in lumps via UTC-8.

13 minutes ago, DoomSoul said:

Is it compatible with weapon mods, right?

There's a fair few weapon replacements via DeHackEd, so I'm afraid not.

6 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Just make sure you credit accordingly.

...and don't upload to a ModDB account that exists primarily to post alt-right propaganda! 

Still a 404 atm, sure you didn't move / rename the file causing the URL to change on Discord? I tend to do that.

I honestly have no idea: I didn't use Dropbox for a while and when I went to use it when I was making Candlemass it wouldn't let me share files anymore. Try this link, I dug up my old Mediafire account and uploaded it there.

In the secret map, the second secret that holds the radiation suit in the left casket doesn't work as there's no tag to the switch to open the lift as its tag is zero. This bug occurs in PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4

2 hours ago, Lingyan203 said:

In the secret map, the second secret that holds the radiation suit in the left casket doesn't work as there's no tag to the switch to open the lift as its tag is zero. This bug occurs in PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4

A temporary solution could be this:

byn0FXG.png

For anyone who makes maps, I would be careful to not leave that setting on in case you let this issue slip in one of your own works. :)

Preëmptive sorry to those that wanted to find 100% secrets in my map04 dull needle. :-/ #reallysorry

I tried to load this on Eternity (Eternity-x64-4.01.00-pre-1008-g4141ca2a) and it gives me this error.

"R_initSprites: No patches found for BOS2 frame V"

edit: Works in more recent devbuilds.

Edited by StoneMason : outdated

For map17, after getting the three keys and teleporting to the area where numerous arch-viles teleport in, is that area even beatable? I feel that level is a little bit unfair.

Does anyone have a strategy on what to do in that area on how to beat it? I'm playing on UV Max (continuous).

2 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

For map17, after getting the three keys and teleporting to the area where numerous arch-viles teleport in, is that area even beatable? I feel that level is a little bit unfair.

Does anyone have a strategy on what to do in that area on how to beat it? I'm playing on UV Max (continuous).

Yes, the map is beatable, we ran it by several testers, not counting ourselves, and all of them managed to get an exit on that map after some effort.

The gimmick of that area is to use the centre of the arena to hide from vile blasts, if needs be, and killing the first viles as quickly as possible. After that, you get to choose "perks" for the follow up fight, all of which being useful in some capacity.

Use flamethrower when you need to, spam rockets when you can, and if that doesn't help dial down to HMP.

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Yes, the map is beatable, we ran it by several testers, not counting ourselves, and all of them managed to get an exit on that map after some effort.

The gimmick of that area is to use the centre of the arena to hide from vile blasts, if needs be, and killing the first viles as quickly as possible. After that, you get to choose "perks" for the follow up fight, all of which being useful in some capacity.

Use flamethrower when you need to, spam rockets when you can, and if that doesn't help dial down to HMP.

Thank you for the speedy response! I finally finished the map and the entire wad!

9 minutes ago, blob1024 said:

sorry for the dumb question: is this more or less final release? just downloaded it

Unless something hideously game-breaking is present, the IdGames release is indeed final.

I just found a horrible texture bug on my map in a gunshop where one of the walls had a door texture. I fixed it and added night sky and several candles for atmosphere.

I hope it's not too late to upload a bugfix version.

murksville_bugfix.rar